PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Depp Openly Wearing Nail Polish

Jamie001
10-31-2011, 11:00 PM
Girls,

If you want to wear nail polish openly, the time is now! Johnny Depp is openly wearing bright blue nail polish on his fingers. There have been articles all-over the internet about it and he was wearing it on Letterman. Add Chuck Liddell, Len Wiseman (Kate Beckensale's Husband), Dean McDermott (Tori Spelling's Husband), and one of the Miami Heat Basketball players to the list of men that openly wear toenail polish.

Niya W
10-31-2011, 11:02 PM
I've all ways suspect he was a CD .

Jamie001
10-31-2011, 11:07 PM
I've all ways suspect he was a CD .

I'm not sure it necessarily means that he is a CD just as many men that started wearing earrings in the 80's. It may be just a fashion statement, not sure, but it is advantageous that want to wear nail polish 24/7 but have been afraid.

Eryn
10-31-2011, 11:31 PM
Now if these people were wearing nail polish and it wasn't "all over the Internet" that would be something!

VioletJourney
10-31-2011, 11:40 PM
Penn Jillette has always worn red nail polish on his fingers. Although sometimes it's just on one finger.

sanderlay
10-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Sounds like a Metrosexual man. They like skin care products, makeup, pedicures, facials, etc... They also like high end shirts and pants. There suppose to have a high disposable income to afford all these urban services and live in the urban environment.

I'm a rural country girl on a very limited budget. So if I wanted painted nails... I sand my nails and paint the house while I leave my hand and toes down on some wet paint. Kind of a red neck manicure and pedicure. I also have a good excuse if anyone asks. :heehee:

Vickie_CDTV
11-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Remember though, when one has a great deal of money and power they have more "ease" when it comes to personal expression. At least for today, Johnny Depp might be able to get away with it, but John the Plumber or Glen the Accountant down the street probably can't.

Jamie001
11-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Remember though, when one has a great deal of money and power they have more "ease" when it comes to personal expression. At least for today, Johnny Depp might be able to get away with it, but John the Plumber or Glen the Accountant down the street probably can't.

Joe the plumber or John the accountant probably can't get away with it, but if a guy already has somewhat of a femme appearance then he can get away with it just like when men started wearing earrings.

Sammy777
11-01-2011, 01:14 AM
For anyone looking to do it.
I would suggest colors that are more understated, darker or "manly" if you will.

Doing it wearing a bright pink might not go over as well :heehee:

This is nothing new - music guys have been doing black nail polish for DECADES now!

And once you start doing it and people get over the initial "shock" of it it becomes a non issue real quick.

Joanna Maguire
11-01-2011, 05:04 AM
Why not if you go out or live "Enfemme" I go to the beauty salon Have acrylic finger nails and have my toe nails done at the same time A nice pink shade at the moment

LeaP
11-01-2011, 07:35 AM
As it happens, I'm wearing polish at work today for the first time. I spent quite a bit of time looking for a work-friendly color, which is a very pale, natural pink. It looks very close to my natural nail color, with just a hint of extra color. The shine is there, of course, but it's not over the top. I bought a matte topcoat, but opted not to use it, as the polish's shine is acceptable. I also buffed my nails for the first time, removing ridges. I'm very happy with the results for work. Weekends allow for a bit more color!

Lea