PDA

View Full Version : You haven't lived until ...

CynthiaD
11-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Last night I was giving out candy in my wicked witch costume and chatting with the kids and their parents in my wicked witch voice. Suddenly this one kid looks up at me and says "I know you're not really a girl!"

I laughed and thought to myself "You haven't lived until you've had someone say that to you."

And then I thought that there must be a lot of other things like that. Feel free to add your own.

CK

Karren H
11-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I was going to say till your born but that's too obvious? For me it was when I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane...

karanne
11-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Gone to job interviews as a girl, with incomplete 'girl' documentation (I was transitioning at the time.), and having to 'prove' you were a girl by removing your blouse and skirt to 'prove it'. It was humiliating, and possibly illegal, but what can you do?

Presh GG
11-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Karanne,

If this REALLY happened GET A LAWYER for God's sake !! You were molested . DO NOT SIT ON THIS , Please !
If they do that to you , think what they would do to an 18 yr old GG.

Presh GG

Stitch
11-01-2011, 05:28 PM
You haven't lived unless you've eaten an ice cream cone (preferably a cornetto) while having a lovely bubble bath. Good times. :daydreaming:

Yeah... sorry that's so random. Really good though.

DebbieL
11-01-2011, 05:35 PM
My Wife had set up a big spider web, she was the spider and I was "Little Miss Muffet" - in a short skirt, sweater and boots (it was cold out). I gave out the candy.

I was amazed at how many times I would give out the candy, and after the kids had gotten their candy, one kid would say - "Oh my God, that was a Guy!!" and the other was like "Really?, Oh, you're right. At which point I'd smile, wave, an "fess up". There few kids who were more afraid of "Miss Muffet" than the spiders, rats, and my wife (who really did look a bit like a spider - complete with all black make-up, black body, and black extra arms. She scared about 5 kids. I scared about 10. But all but 3 came up to get their candy.

I also gave out spiders and other plastic bugs. I was amazed at how many girls wanted the bugs.

NicoleScott
11-01-2011, 05:41 PM
...this one kid looks up at me and says "I know you're not really a girl!"

"Well, I know you're not really Spiderman [or whatever], so we're even".

Chickhe
11-01-2011, 05:52 PM
A couple times I did the Cding thing at the door. One year, I was just a funny looking girl...a little like carrot top style and I remember this parent wanted to chat and I just answered in my normal voice, he called me 'miss'...not sure if that neighbor even figured me out.... This year, it was just wearing a silly rubber monster mask and a plaid shirt and I scared a lot of kids by just opening the door quickly as they were about to knock and by just staring at them... one little kid, about 5 years old said 'you don't scare me', so I followed her down the path from the door and asked her if she was scared now...her parents that that was very funny as she started to run.

Stacey Summer
11-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Heh, a skydiving instructor told me that his standard response to anyone asking "Why do you jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" is "When a perfectly good airplane exists I'll stop jumping!"

karanne
11-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Karanne,

If this REALLY happened GET A LAWYER for God's sake !! You were molested . DO NOT SIT ON THIS , Please !
If they do that to you , think what they would do to an 18 yr old GG.
Presh GG
They were a state government law office, there's no way I could afford a lawyer, and it was at least ten years ago. I chalk it up to experience - I think a GG wouldn't have the problem. She would have complete 'female' documentation.

I was born in Ohio, and that state will not reissue a birth certificate in the 'new' gender. The new name, yes, but not the new gender, so to them I would remain male.

Rachel Morley
11-01-2011, 09:37 PM
"Well, I know you're not really Spiderman [or whatever], so we're even".

Ha ha ...LOL ... that's a good one! :)

Annaliese2010
11-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Till ppl are referring to u using fem terms when in drab and for the life of you not knowing Why. Terms like: honey; darling; sweetie. Its like...wtf?!

connie23
11-02-2011, 12:17 AM
I was going through security at the airport and they decided to open my carry on . They saw my breast forms and said "are these yours?." I just said yes and they let me pass -- what a thrill.
On another occasion, I was at a club and a guy came up to me and said "I think your boots are really hot" -- I just said, so do I.
Connie

GBJoker
11-03-2011, 12:11 AM
You haven't lived until the docs say you have a 50+% chance of dying, and you wake up the next morning.............. Multiple times.