Traci Elizabeth
11-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Is K. D. Lang Trans (FTM)?

StaceyJane
11-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Kathyrn Dawn Lang is not FTM.

ReineD
11-01-2011, 04:10 PM
She created quite a stir when she came out as a lesbian in 1992. She was afraid this would affect the reception of her music. She still is involved in gay rights, but she's happy now that people are focusing more on her music than her sexual orientation.

Here's a nice article about her: http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20111101-308032.html

sandra-leigh
11-01-2011, 10:10 PM
For some reason or other I hit upon the same question about a year ago, after seeing this page (http://www.tmz.com/2008/04/28/j-j-abrams-alias/), and I thought about posting the question here. But timpundit's response there was a good one and after thinking about it more I did not post.

ReineD
11-01-2011, 11:19 PM
I know a birth female who identifies as a lesbian. She prefers to use the "she" pronoun. She has a neutral name. She dresses like a man, has a male haircut, would never wear makeup. She has no wish to take male hormones. She told me that she feels more male than female when she compares herself to feminine women. But, ultimately she feels at home in her lesbian community and this is why she is proud to call herself "she". She is not ashamed of her breasts, nor does she want to stop ovulating.

I think that my friend and k. d. lang are on the same page.

RACH99
11-03-2011, 02:33 PM
The more I learn the less I know. And that in itself was one of the biggest lessons I have learned here.

CharleneT
11-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Well .... yard have to ask her ;-) I do not think so. She is a lot of things, but mostly seems to be just a lesbian who leans in a decidedly masculine direction. Either way, I'm sure glad to hear her sing ! If ever you have the chance, go to a concert of hers. The CD's are wonderful, the concerts astonishing ... truly amazing voice.

p.s. she prefers her name as k. d. lang - no cap's