PDA

View Full Version : The answer to why we dress-up

Katie Ashe
10-19-2005, 08:33 AM
In talking to a close friend of mine we found and discused this atricle. It is rather long, but worth reading. It explains to those whom don't understand Gender confusion, a different side of the coin.

http://www.bookmice.net/darkchilde/ranko/trans.html

Please read and comment, this may help unaccepting SO's understand for once and all.

I will post my comments later.

Katie Ashe
10-19-2005, 09:24 AM
If you take away all my senses, I feel like a confused being. I have dreamed every night most of my life of being a lady, dressing, acting, looking, feeling, living like a lady. But I still like girls. Crossdressing is a drug to me, it substitutes reality for the one I don't like and feeds my senses for what I guess is to be correct. I would not have SRS, because it would not truly make me match, so what is the point, like the article stated. I don't regret meeting Dawn and would do it over again with out blinking twice. I am not happy with the first half of my life, which it why I decided to come out. I want to express myself in what ever way that makes me comfortable, wearing pantyhose and make-up etc, does that for me. It makes me happy. What makes me unhappy is how life is cruel and unjust.

Katie Ashe
10-20-2005, 02:00 PM
No thoughts on this article... I figured it would explain how so of us feel to those whom don't understand...

knelson
10-20-2005, 07:37 PM
confused I don't think so. Most therapist would say that you have what is called a transvestite fetishism. Many CDs would fit in to this category, however, other things complicate it.

Andrea's Lynne
10-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Katie,

I've bookmarked it and will try to read it this weekend. Thanks for posting it here as I'm sure it will stimulate some thought.:thumbsup:

Thanks

Lynne

Foot_Fetish
10-20-2005, 08:20 PM
I saved it and will read later. Thanks.

nancy58
10-20-2005, 10:03 PM
I dress up because it is pleasant and erotic to me, so I don't really identify with the author's feelings. The stories she writes about sound interesting, however. An odd thing is that even though I am deeply rooted in my male identity and have not felt I was born into the wrong body, if I woke up someday with breasts and no penis, I think I would like it. I've lived the first half of my life as a male, and it would be interesting to see it from the other side.

Nancy

Ellaine
10-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi Katie It'd be nice to think that the article will help some, but ....I'm sure Nancys' summary suits many of us as it does me. :)

Hugs Ellaine

Katie Ashe
10-21-2005, 06:48 PM
I dress up because it is pleasant and erotic to me, so I don't really identify with the author's feelings. The stories she writes about sound interesting, however. An odd thing is that even though I am deeply rooted in my male identity and have not felt I was born into the wrong body, if I woke up someday with breasts and no penis, I think I would like it. I've lived the first half of my life as a male, and it would be interesting to see it from the other side.
I think you are missing the point of the story, I'm not going to explain it to you. As for the transvestite fetishism I don't fit it at all, Most of the men on this forum are suffering from Gender dysphoria in some way. The best way for me to explain it to you is, When mother natured made you, she didn't rinse out the blender. No one is 100% male or female. The default gender is Female though. You can label yourself any which way you want and call me all the names in the book, I am a guy who likes to play dressup, if you don't like it don't look. I have read through hundreds of sites on this matter, of transgenderism. As for the fetish thing, most here don't dressup for sexual pleasure only. I am going to stop here.