PDA

View Full Version : it has been 3 hours since I got home from my first counselling session.

Sophora
11-01-2011, 05:49 PM
It was a pretty standard. I was afraid for nothing. Even tho, I am pretty much the first MTF she has worked with, she is going to help me along the way, Including budgeting to be able to afford my SRS,and hormones and everything. She does want to set up a session down the road(one for each of my family members.) so she can try to get them to support me. She is very personable and seems to want to help me get over all my doubts, make sure my bi-polarism isn't affecting my wanting to transition.

I am glad I went now. I am finally on my way to being very happy.

Jorja
11-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Congratulations, you are on your way. I do hope you will keep us informed as to your progress.

StaceyJane
11-01-2011, 06:09 PM
That's great news! One more step on your journey.

Melody Moore
11-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Congrats Sophora on taking your first real steps. :hugs: Xx

boardpuppy
11-01-2011, 09:37 PM
One step at a time, one foot in front of the other, it may seem you aren't making progress but when these small steps are combined together the ultament goal is that much closer.

Rianna Humble
11-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Glad it went so well. I know all about being worried for nothing when it comes to this kind of consultation.

Sounds like you have found a good counsellor who will take quite a thorough approach to helping you.