PDA

View Full Version : First (this time around) appointment

Gennifer
11-02-2011, 09:18 PM
A while back I posted a note saying how exhausted I was by the ongoing debate in my head about who I am, where I am going, etc., and several of you recommended seeing a therapist, which was advice I appreciated.

I went last night and had a couple of reactions. One was that the hour flew by--there is so much to talk about, so much to explain, so much to put together. The other was that the therapist had a nice way of sort of playing back to me much of what I was saying to her. She was encouraging, in the right way. All in all, it was good session. It was good to talk openly and freely about my feelings. I am going to go back. We'll see where it goes.

Jay Cee
11-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Very happy that you found a great therapist.

Jessica Ames
11-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Best thing I've done start seeing a therapist. It helps you be honest to yourself so that you can be clear about what you really want and how it will affect you. Congrats Gen!

Genifer Teal
11-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Jess, hope you realize this isn't me! I would have told you in person. Even I looked twice to see what I might have posted.

Glad you kept the 2nd "n" Gennifer.

Aprilrain
11-02-2011, 10:26 PM
its a start! thats what is important.

thechic
11-03-2011, 04:27 AM
Good on you its a start,seeing the therapist was the best thing i had ever done, just wish i did it sooner,it certin released me from my prison. and started the ball rolling for my transition.

Kaitlyn Michele
11-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Congrats on finding someone to talk to !!

That's great news