PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I said that

Sometimes Steffi
11-03-2011, 09:40 PM
I had my first visit with a (female) psychiatrist today. I had met her before because my daughter used to be a patient of hers.

First, I had an interview with the psychiatrist's (female) nursing assistant. Even though crossdressing was NOT the reason for my visit, I felt comfortable bringing it up so I could get a correct evaluation of my real problem. I even showed the nurse my Halloween-themed toe nail polish.

Then I met the psychiatrist, who had just read my profile that the nurse collected. The psychiatrist asked me a few questions about crossdressing, and then went on about my other issues. I had trouble concentrating on what she was saying because I was admiring the skirt suit she was wearing and her shoes. Oh, her shoes. The were a low heel pump in a powder pink. So after we got done, she was walking me out to the receptionist and I told her how much I liked her shoes. Then as we got to the receptionist, she told me that she got them at TJ Maxx.

And then ...

I don't know how I lost self control, but I asked her if she thought they might have them in my size.

I know I was thinking it, but I don't know how it slipped out my mouth.

sissystephanie
11-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Steffi, that was a most natural thing to say!! You liked the shoes and you are a crossdresser, so naturally you wanted to buy them!! I hope you found them in your size. If so, we need a picture!!

Marissa333
11-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Doesn't seem out of line to me. Mmmmmm powder pink pumps...

Stephenie S
11-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Hardly out of line at all in my opinion.

S

Cynthia Anne
11-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Kinda cute to read! But hey! What's wrong with it! I suggest you go buy a pair right now! Hugs!

Kritsin
11-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Sounds like a completely normal question to me.

Christina Horton
11-04-2011, 03:17 AM
You did not lose control you did not lose 200 dollars.... Why would you feel weird or wrong about that. You told them both you cd and what you asked was a "Girly" question that any girl or women would ask. Sounds to me that you still have issues about you CDing that you have not felt with yet.

gabimartini
11-04-2011, 06:13 AM
In your shoes (pun intended), I would've checked the store myself. I like to explore, plus, what if I found other pairs of shoes while at it? ;)

Rianna Humble
11-04-2011, 07:26 AM
after we got done, she was walking me out to the receptionist and I told her how much I liked her shoes. Then as we got to the receptionist, she told me that she got them at TJ Maxx.

And then ...

I don't know how I lost self control, but I asked her if she thought they might have them in my size.

I know I was thinking it, but I don't know how it slipped out my mouth.

All you did was to ask the sort of question that any woman would ask. It shows you were comfortable with the psychiatrist and her reply to the compliment shows that she was also comfortable with you, so I can see nothing wrong here at all.

Sometimes Steffi
11-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words.

After seeing your comments, I don't see anything wrong with it either.

I have occasionally told girls or women that I liked or admired the clothes they were wearing, or their nail polish color or design, but it has always been (at least openly) with the idea that I liked it on *them*. This is the first time I openly admitted that I would like it on *me*.

I guess my disbelief or surprise in saying it is that a year ago I would have been afraid to say what I said (Do you think they have them in my size) both from the perspective of being afraid to reveal that part of me and in fear of a negative reaction from the woman. I guess I'm in the process of conquering those fears. Woo hoo.

docrobbysherry
11-04-2011, 09:53 PM
U MAY have given her the wrong impression, Steffi! She mite have thot u were pandering her!

After all, LOW heels? She may have found herself thinking, "What self respecting CD wears LOW heels?"

SarahLynn
11-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words.

After seeing your comments, I don't see anything wrong with it either.

Steffi darling this is all totally wrong. Hon you should have asked her if she'd like to go with you to buy a pair just like them for yourself. And when she claims no time because of other appointments you could tell her you're willing to wait until the office closes.

SarahLynn

Sometimes Steffi
11-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Steffi darling this is all totally wrong. Hon you should have asked her if she'd like to go with you to buy a pair just like them for yourself. And when she claims no time because of other appointments you could tell her you're willing to wait until the office closes.

SarahLynn

Yeah, I like the idea, but would never go through with it.

She needs to maintain professional distance.

I went to one therapist who knew I was a crossdresser. I went to her for about 3 months. I loved it because after the second appointment, I asked her if she would like to meet Steffi, and she said she would love to. So, Steffi went to the next 8 appointments in my place. During one of those appointments, Steffi asked the therapist if she could show Steffi how to apply eye liner like she did. She said that she would love to if we were just friends, but couldn't do it within the confines of a doctor-patient relationship. It would be crossing the line of theraputic care.

Pamela Kay
11-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I like the idea, but would never go through with it.

She needs to maintain professional distance.

I went to one therapist who knew I was a crossdresser. I went to her for about 3 months. I loved it because after the second appointment, I asked her if she would like to meet Steffi, and she said she would love to. So, Steffi went to the next 8 appointments in my place. During one of those appointments, Steffi asked the therapist if she could show Steffi how to apply eye liner like she did. She said that she would love to if we were just friends, but couldn't do it within the confines of a doctor-patient relationship. It would be crossing the line of theraputic care.

I don't think there was anything wrong with asking, you felt open enough to tell them you were a crossdresser, it's just part of who you are. Isn't that why you were there in the first place, to open up to the doctor about yourself? Besides, there is still the doctor/patient confidentiallity agreement so you know it shouldn't go any further.

I hope it helps you, been thinking about going myself for issues other than CD'ing.

Shelly Preston
11-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi Steffi

I am sure you comment was more revealing to your psychiatrist then you think

I suspect she picked up on it being a normal female response

Sharon B.
11-06-2011, 01:19 PM
I think I would have asked her where she brought her skirt and shoes.

MsJanessa
11-06-2011, 08:29 PM
well did they have them in your size?

skirtsuit
11-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Personally, I would have complimented her on her skirt suit and then asked about the label, but I guess I'm partial to these things...

Best,
Skirtsuit

Sometimes Steffi
11-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Personally, I would have complimented her on her skirt suit and then asked about the label, but I guess I'm partial to these things...

You don't know how tempted I was. Oh, wait, you *do* know how tempted I was. However, I knew the skirt suit would be way out of my price range.

In your shoes (pun intended), I would've checked the store myself. I like to explore, plus, what if I found other pairs of shoes while at it? ;)

well did they have them in your size?

Alas, they had them, but not in my size. But they are a Liz Claiborne. I'm sure I an find them somewhere else. Here's what they look like, for those who are curious.