PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Springer TV Poll

linda allen
11-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Yes, nothing but the highest TV entertainment at my house! :heehee:

There is a "question of the day phone in poll. Yesterday's question was:

"If you discovered that your lover was a transvestite, would it change the way you felt about them?"

Poll results were:

1. YES 75%

2. NO 25%

kimdl93
11-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Could be worse things to watch on TV...in fact most of it is worse! I suppose that's a fairly accurate statement. Still, maybe some people would be pleased to find this out about their SO.

linda allen
11-04-2011, 09:19 AM
I think for 100% of people it would "change the way they think about their lover", but in what way?

Would you still love them and try to understand?
Would you find it a bit exciting and want to participate?
Would you demand that they stop?
Or would you break up with them no matter what?

That would be a much better poll.

Karren H
11-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Wish that question was on my marriage application form! Lol.

kimdl93
11-04-2011, 09:24 AM
I agree...that would be a more informative poll.

In my case, my SO probably wouldn't respond "Great, my BF wants to be a girl", but evidently it wasn't a deal breaker cause we've been together for almost 14 years! If I had to guess, she'd split her response between the first two of your options.

Barbra P
11-04-2011, 09:32 AM
I tend to avoid Jerry Springer like the plaque so I was unaware of the poll, but keep in mind that is a poll of the Jerry Springer TV audience and not the general population. It may not be far off from how the general population would vote but I doubt if we’ll ever know. The few times I have been out en femme I have been pleasantly surprised at how well I have been accepted and treated. In my own neighborhood I’m only aware of one man that has a totally negative view of my cross dressing and that is alright with me because he is a bigoted dolt and dislikes a number of the neighbors. But the question did state “lover” and that places a different slant on the question. If I’m dressed my Wife isn’t interested in getting intimate as she says it makes her feel like a lesbian and I suspect that feeling might be prevalent in a number of women. Did the women (I suspect the majority of the respondents were women) who voted consider sex with a transvestite? Again, we’ll never know. For me transvestite has sort of a negative connotation, cold and clinical, too much a psychology term describing a psychological condition.

abigailf
11-04-2011, 09:51 AM
I guess my lover makes up the 75%. But I think that number is low. It is probably more like 99.9993%.

There is always that small percentage of emotionally inept people that just don't care what happens in their lives.

sterling12
11-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Those Poll's on Shows like Springer's aren't about actually gathering information. You either get charged for the call, (they make money) or you have to listen to an advertisement before you can vote, (again...they make money!)

They are simplistic, because they want to encourage the largest number of people to vote, (I repeat, they make money out of it) and the kind of people who are voting wouldn't be real "thoughtful" about anything like this. I suspect if you had posed The Question: "Would you KILL your partner, if you found out that they were transgendered?" You would have gotten a similar percentage.

If someone can enlighten us, please do. I would imagine there has been something done in the way of a "Legitimate" Survey what would have posed some logical choices about this type of situation. If we can take a look at this sort of Data, I suspect the numbers would be very different.

Peace and Love, Joanie

NicoleScott
11-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Let's remember what kind of transvestites Springer has on his show. Certainly not typical cd's. No wonder the poll results are heavily "yes, it would change how I feel."

A poll is a poll, not a scientific survey. It only shows that of the people who responded, most said "yes".

Finally, we can't agree here on the forum on what a transvestite is. And we ARE one !! Well, some of us think so, anyway. My point exactly !! If I were asked if I am a transvestite, before answering, I would ask for a definition from the questioner. It matters. I can only imaging the different definitions that non-crossdressers would have on what a transvestite is.

linda allen
11-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I realize a call in poll on the Jerry Springer show is pretty unscientific (pretty stupid actually) and there's no guarantee that was was posted was accurate or that anyone at all actually called in to vote. I just thought it would be interesting to post it here.

What struck me the most about this question was the use of the term "transvestite". To me, that's an insulting term, like calling black people "negros" would offend many people. I'll admit to crossdressing, but not to being a "transvestite".

Kittyagain
11-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I guess my lover makes up the 75%. But I think that number is low. It is probably more like 99.9993%.

There is always that small percentage of emotionally inept people that just don't care what happens in their lives.

I am sorry you are so bitter. There are a lot of us who has a wife that loves us very much.

Kitty

Billie Jean
11-07-2011, 08:06 PM
If I had sex with them I'd already know. Don't think I could bring myself to do that cause I like the female parts. Billie Jean

Eryn
11-07-2011, 08:23 PM
So, now we know the true feelings of the people who are

(1) unsophisticated enough to watch Jerry Springer

and

(2) willing to waste time responding to a Jerry Springer poll.

I don't think that we'll be seeing this study in Science.

DonniDarkness
11-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I don't think that we'll be seeing this study in ScienceLOL
I can see the social science Thesis heading now....

-The Decline of Visual Entertainment and its Effects on Transgender Lifestyle-
by DonniDarkness......

Maxi
11-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Just explain it to her as "It is one of your hobbies". By far cheaper than boating, 4 wheeling, flying, or snowmobiling.

Tara D. Rose
11-07-2011, 08:48 PM
It's so easy for GF's and wives to say that , but when it is in their own backyeard as they say, I would say that it is 100% would have a difference in the way they viewed thier husbands and or boy friends.

peace my firends

Ressie
11-07-2011, 10:02 PM
What struck me the most about this question was the use of the term "transvestite". To me, that's an insulting term, like calling black people "negros" would offend many people. I'll admit to crossdressing, but not to being a "transvestite".

As I recall, Phil Donahue always used the term crossdresser. I used to get up every morning to watch his show hoping it would be a show with crossdressers haha.

Eryn
11-08-2011, 03:01 AM

I don't think that it's a good idea to let words have power over us. There's nothing insulting about either "transvestite" or "crossdresser."

donnalee
11-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Just consider the source. Jerry Springer for God's sake! Another proof of H. L. Mencken's assertion that "Nobody ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

Contessa
11-08-2011, 04:10 AM
I am going to be different about the whole thing. I am a non transitioning transsexual. I am a girl who just happens to look like a boy. Transvestites tend be more into the acting like a girl than just dressing in their clothes. You could add the words Sissy and Punk, I'd rather be called a crossdresser but the other words work better for others then oh well.

Women in the role of wife and/or SO, GF and so on. They have a different prospective they have been or plan to be intimate with this person. But you don't become a cop just by putting on the uniform. I believe we should love every one the same and not be afraid of words. Even the word "Poll" which seems to be the culprit here.

erickka
11-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Consider the source...Springer. That show is all about entertainment value. Those dysfunctional people on that show are scripted to say and act as they do. How do I know? I met Springer in Sarasota, Fl. (which is where he owns one of his homes) about 7 years ago and had a delightful 20 minute conversation with him. Nice guy, and I really liked the Bentley he was driving!

Celeste
11-08-2011, 06:54 AM
So true,its a loaded question pushing for a derogatory response.Most of the audience and viewing public here just want to view a fight,I'm surprised they don't pass out eggs to the audience.I think his program truly hurts the cd-tg cause,sadly the trade off is sensationalism and his ratings.
I tend to avoid Jerry Springer like the plaque so I was unaware of the poll, but keep in mind that is a poll of the Jerry Springer TV audience and not the general population. It may not be far off from how the general population would vote but I doubt if we’ll ever know. The few times I have been out en femme I have been pleasantly surprised at how well I have been accepted and treated. In my own neighborhood I’m only aware of one man that has a totally negative view of my cross dressing and that is alright with me because he is a bigoted dolt and dislikes a number of the neighbors. But the question did state “lover” and that places a different slant on the question. If I’m dressed my Wife isn’t interested in getting intimate as she says it makes her feel like a lesbian and I suspect that feeling might be prevalent in a number of women. Did the women (I suspect the majority of the respondents were women) who voted consider sex with a transvestite? Again, we’ll never know. For me transvestite has sort of a negative connotation, cold and clinical, too much a psychology term describing a psychological condition.

DAVIDA
11-08-2011, 07:04 AM

I really don't think that Jean is emotionally inept!:Angry3:
You should think about what you are saying before you put your pumps in your mouth.:brolleyes:

daphne g
11-08-2011, 07:07 AM
oh come on
allthough my so puts up with this ,even helps at times and we shop together
i think that the vast majority of our ladys want to be the lady in the relationship
and that thier men are the knights in shinning armour and not a ballerina or french maid
that is the cruel reallity of it
and anyone who thinks differently is either in a dream or is in a dream relationship
jerry springer or not

reflections-of
11-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Sterling12 summed it up perfectly. I am not going to attack nor degrade people who watch the show; however, what some of his audience chant is just horrid. It would be nice if it was like back in the day where talk shows educated people who are cd/tg or whatever, instead of parading us around like circus freaks.

Looking at the source material, the shows percentage is meaningless to me…

vetobob9
11-08-2011, 06:55 PM
The question I have is why would it not change anything?

Piora
11-08-2011, 08:11 PM

and

(2) willing to waste time responding to a Jerry Springer poll.

What about the people who respond to a thread about responding to a Jerry Springer poll? :D :devil:

Sarah Doepner
11-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Wow! 25% of the Springer crowd claim they would feel the same about their newly discovered transvestite lover. Wouldn't it be wonderful if approval and acceptance were that common in society?

I can't imagine discovering something like that and not at least thinking about it a little. It wouldn't be normal to have that kind of revelation and pass over it like nothing in the relationship had changed. I see this as 25% of the voters in that poll would automatically go into denial or were already in comas.

Jeannie
11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
I would be afraid to take the poll because they might want me to appear on the show or something. LOL. Does the same production company do the all of these Judges shows, because some of them should be on Jerry Springer show too. I was very fortunate to finally find someone who supports me in everything I do. Wow I love my wife because she understands what it means to be a woman.

linda allen
11-09-2011, 07:19 AM

OK, insult dished out and accepted. :Angry3:

I watch the Jerry Springer show. It's not "mind enriching", but it's entertaining. Much better in my opinion than the fake, scripted "reality" shows, the XXX wives, dancing with the stars and the fat people show, biggest loser.