PDA

View Full Version : Mundane errands while en femme.

NathalieX66
11-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Lately, my latest kick has been doing grocery shopping or going to a shopping mall, or the car rental desk while en femme.
The first observation, I have discovered, is no one gives a s***".
Let that point be known. :)

However, I have found out something else very interesting while in the checkout lines, and with sales attendants. A couple of times there were attractive women and girls in line, and people, both female and male, take notice to them. For the lesser attractive women, not as much. The exchanges from what I have observed are very generic for less than pretty girls.

I pride myself in looking better than Rosie O'Donnell, but I'm not exactly Giselle Bundchen. I have discovered that people are attracted to pretty faces no matter who is wearing what.

The upside to this is that the subtle brush-offs actually enhances passability. There are times when I get little eye contact. This is not because people are afraid to look at me , it's because the brain is wired to pay attention to something that is pretty.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Cindy M
11-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I agree. My first (and only) time at the mall a couple of weeks ago, I discovered that 90% of the people don't pay any attention to you. The other 10% glance and look away. The SA's were friendly & polite.

Melindagirl
11-04-2011, 10:32 PM
The SA were vere polite and friendly in Eureka Springs I enjoyed visiting with them I hjad a girlie talk with on SA that was fun we talked about wearing bras and panty hose she said my legs look very nice that made my day

Chickhe
11-04-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm pretty sure there is some truth to that. Last year my haloween costume was less form fitting, I was Joan Jett and I wore leather pants and although I had a more masculine figure, I passed the whole night. This year, my corset gave me a great figure and I was told my makeup was awsome, yet I was read by almost everyone. I think when you are noticed, the microscope turns on and then you are studied and if anything is unusual then you loose your cover. When you look more average, you get the benefit of the doubt...maybe people think...she's not the most attractive and she has some male features, but if they look at you and see...she looks great, except her arms are large...hey wait a minute, she also is a bit tall and she's not that graceful....

Persephone
11-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Seems absolutely right on to me, Nathalie.

The pretty girls get nearly all the attention, so "average" tends to go by mostly unnoticed. Which can definitely work in our favor! (Even if it doesn't boost our self-esteem).

I find passing amazingly easy, and I constantly wonder if I could have passed as well when I was younger -- which makes me feel depressed about all those missed years -- but maybe I really pass because I'm simply now too old to attract attention?

Thing is though that you do have to be ready to be noticed, to be involved. Women will talk to each other spontaneously. You'll be wearing a new pair of shoes and another woman will say "I love your shoes!"

You have to smile, make eye contact, and respond. It happens all the time.

Hugs,
Persephone.

ReineD
11-05-2011, 12:30 AM
A couple of times there were attractive women and girls in line, and people, both female and male, take notice to them. For the lesser attractive women, not as much.

I have discovered that people are attracted to pretty faces no matter who is wearing what.

This is true, and not only are people attracted to attractive female faces, they are also attracted to attractive male faces! :)

And do you know what makes a face, male or female, beautiful?

=> ................... *drum roll* ........................ => Its "average"-ness!

Yes, it is the average face that we all find most beautiful! When you think of it, we all have quirks in our features. Either our foreheads are too wide or too narrow, our noses are too wide or too thin, the distance between our lips & noses is too close or too far, our eyes are set apart too narrowly or too wide, our lips are too fat or too thin, our face shapes are too square, too triangular, too long, too squat, etc.

Here's a great interactive site that demonstrates this. They have 200+ pictures of college students, male and female, all different levels of attractiveness. They use computer graphic imaging such as in facial recognition software that plots all the points of a person's face and comes up with a mathematical equivalent. You can combine two or more (50 if you want) faces, either all women, all men, or a combination of both, and the software will prototype the average of your choices. In every instance, you will see that the average of your choices is more beautiful (or more perfect) than the individual faces, since the individual facial quirks have been averaged out, thus eliminated.

Give it a try, it's fascinating. Plus, you can combine male and female faces to come up with a perfect androgynous face. :)

http://www.faceresearch.org/demos/average

Kate Simmons
11-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Just one. Think pretty Nat.;):)

Kittyagain
11-05-2011, 05:53 AM
From a male mode perspective, the figure attracts me first. Second a smile.

Kitty

KrystalA
11-05-2011, 06:39 AM
I'd say that generally people notice...1. Pretty Face 2. Nice Shape 3. Cute Outfit
Personally, I rank all 3 as number 1 ... LOL

Cynthia Anne
11-05-2011, 08:50 AM
I agree to disagree! The uglyest' person can be beautiful with a smile! That's the way I see beauty!:):):):):):)

vikki2020
11-05-2011, 11:53 AM
In general, most people notice very little about whats going on around them. To busy, to engrossed, or just to rude! An attractive person is always going to get noticed, and for men, I think that height is also a factor. Short guys seem to be dismissed,lol! In my observations, very attractive women seem to be dressed nice, all the time also. That may be part of it. Attractiveness is used throughout the animal world, and the funny thing, it's usually the male of the species, that tries to draw attention, with colors, and other attention getting devices! Hmmmm, we're just above the curve, evolution wise, aren't we? :battingeyelashes:
I try to "save" everyday chores, for when I get out. Just a lot more fun,that way! If anything though, I get noticed more for my outfit, than anything else! Not to many girls grocerie shopping in heels, and a mini!!:)

Stephenie S
11-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Lately, my latest kick has been doing grocery shopping or going to a shopping mall, or the car rental desk while en femme.
The first observation, I have discovered, is no one gives a s***".
Let that point be known. :)

However, I have found out something else very interesting while in the checkout lines, and with sales attendants. A couple of times there were attractive women and girls in line, and people, both female and male, take notice to them. For the lesser attractive women, not as much. The exchanges from what I have observed are very generic for less than pretty girls.

I pride myself in looking better than Rosie O'Donnell, but I'm not exactly Giselle Bundchen. I have discovered that people are attracted to pretty faces no matter who is wearing what.

The upside to this is that the subtle brush-offs actually enhances passability. There are times when I get little eye contact. This is not because people are afraid to look at me , it's because the brain is wired to pay attention to something that is pretty.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Just wait till you go grey, hon. Then you'll be absolutely invisable.

It's true.

S

ReineD
11-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Just wait till you go grey, hon. Then you'll be absolutely invisable.

To you and others, now I'm curious ... it sounds as if being invisible to the public at large (not getting positive attention) is an undesirable outcome? I always thought it was about expressing the inner self?

Persephone
11-05-2011, 12:22 PM
To you and others, now I'm curious ... it sounds as if being invisible to the public at large (not getting positive attention) is an undesirable outcome? I always thought it was about expressing the inner self?

Perhaps there is a difference between being noticed as a woman and being identified as a CD/TS?

Hugs,
Persephone.

vikki2020
11-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah Reine, it is a bit of a quandary, at least for me, lol! Not being noticed,and blending in with the crowd is preferable, I guess, but, I do enjoy a little attention also, lol!

josee
11-05-2011, 12:43 PM
I work in a very blue collar, testosterone filled atmosphere with blue collar, horny, average guys. When out at lunch with them or on the street The first things they notice and comment on or look for in women are; Breasts, hips, and legs. Myself it would be the way they are dressed and then second legs and hips tied with eyes.
I rarely hear any comments from these guys on faces, either very pretty or not pretty if attached to an average body.
I wonder what women /GG notice first in a female or someone presenting as one?

ReineD
11-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Perhaps there is a difference between being noticed as a woman and being identified as a CD/TS?

Yes, I know. I did say "getting positive attention". No CD/TS wants to be stared at because they are read.

But, am I reading too much into it, or is there some wistfulness over perhaps being the type of invisible that Stephenie S speaks of, meaning not being admired for the attractive woman a CD/TS might wish to be?

kellycan27
11-05-2011, 03:03 PM

As a teen and young adult I was invisible enough to last two life times, especially in high school. I don't want to blend in, I want to be noticed! Personally i love the attention... How do you like me now? :heehee:

Aprilrain
11-05-2011, 03:07 PM
As a teen and young adult I was invisible enough to last two life times,

apparently you weren't as big of a dork as I was then..... they noticed me. "hey 4 eyes!" "hey metal mouth!" : P

kellycan27
11-05-2011, 04:09 PM
apparently you weren't as big of a dork as I was then..... they noticed me. "hey 4 eyes!" "hey metal mouth!" : P

You're still a dork, but a cute one :heehee:

stacycoral
11-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Wow what replys you had, Nathalie, i personal think Chickhe sum it up, and go grocery shopping i know from monday how great that was to go in a store, and feel like i should be there shopping, bad thing here in cowboy country, if you don't fit in that cookie cutter, you will not surive, but it is sure fun not having fit into it all the time, and just being my real self, if only once a year or so, be thankful can go and enjoy life to the fullest,life is too short not to dress, and enjoying yourself, and just a quick not Kelly girl, i know i wish i could look that great, stacy

Jilmac
11-05-2011, 11:31 PM
I tend to agree with you, I have done grocery and mall shopping, pumped gas, gone to movies, festivals, concerts, flea markets and garage sales all while en femme and hardly got a glance from those around me. But even when I'm en femme I notice the drop dead gorgeous females. Maybe I'm hard wired that way.

docrobbysherry
11-06-2011, 12:30 AM
As a teen and young adult I was invisible enough to last two life times, especially in high school. I don't want to blend in, I want to be noticed! Personally i love the attention... How do you like me now? :heehee:

Rite on, Kelly! U ROCK!
I spent 50 years being unnoticed, plain, and ordinary! At my best! And, maybe unattractive, at worst!
Sherry likes looking GOOD!

I BLEND every day in drab! If I have a BETTER option, why would I want to do that when I dress, too?

ReineD
11-06-2011, 01:41 AM
i know i wish i could look that great, stacy

I want to be noticed! Personally i love the attention...

I do enjoy a little attention also, lol!

Sherry likes looking GOOD!

If you don't mind me asking, why DO you want to look good or be noticed in a particular way? I guess the standard answer would be, it is natural for people to want to feel good about themselves. But, I'm asking if you would look a little deeper than that. :)

I'll tell you why GGs want to look good (once we get past the bit about feeling good about ourselves). Fundamentally, it's all about attraction. Just picture 4 young GGs going out together on a girl's night out. They don't dress the way they do to impress each other. GGs who hang out together at a girlfriend's home will dress entirely different than when they go out.

It's true that GGs who are older or perhaps have been in established relationships for awhile will say they dress for themselves. They're not on the market and I'm not talking about them, since it's unlikely these GGs will also want to gather the same type of attention when they go out. I'm talking about the GGs who do want to be noticed, who do want others to find them attractive. It is not the other GGs they want to impress. :)

So my question is, do you have similar motives for wanting notice or the attention? What type of attention do you seek, specifically?

I wonder what women /GG notice first in a female or someone presenting as one?

Competition.

Or if you prefer, how the two of us compare along the female pecking order. :p I first notice the overall look or effect and then I'll make mental notes .. is she younger than me? Prettier? Does she have a nicer body? Does she look more confidant? When I notice the clothes, it is never with envy ... it's more about judging how the clothes enhance (or not) her overall look to affect her place along the pecking order.

I need to add that comparing myself to other women to determine our respective attractiveness was more frequent when I was younger, or during the times in my life when I felt insecure either in myself or in my relationships. I seldom go there anymore (and most times don't really notice the other women in the room), although my mind still goes there when I'm out with my SO and I notice him noticing them. :p

Persephone
11-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Yes, I know. I did say "getting positive attention". No CD/TS wants to be stared at because they are read.

But, am I reading too much into it, or is there some wistfulness over perhaps being the type of invisible that Stephenie S speaks of, meaning not being admired for the attractive woman a CD/TS might wish to be?

As you are aware, Reine, it's always complicated when it comes to CDs!

For example, as a FAB you were much more likely to have grown up expecting to be told you were pretty and expecting to be noticed. When you were 4 or 5 years old the first thing aunts and uncles and cousins said was, "My, but you look so pretty!"

It's probably the baseline identifier for most FABs, conditioned into them, even if, in some cases, it wasn't completely true.

Boys may be told they are "handsome," but it is far less frequent and often comes in second or third after "Oh! Look how tall you've grown!" or "Wow! You're a terrific basketball player!"

So CD boys simply aren't used to being noticed just for having cute hair nor for wearing a pretty party dress.

And when they get older they're not used to being watched because of how they walk nor how their rear end moves.

So in guy world, unless you happen to be Orlando Bloom or Brad Pitt or James Bond you grow up expecting to be invisible. Nobody glances your way when you cross the street or when you bend over to pick up a piece of paper.

When a CD crosses the line it becomes an odd feeling to realize that as a woman she is the subject of attention, that both men and women check her out. The typical CD is shocked by what, to a FAB, would simply be normal attention.

At first, panic sets in. Every glance translates to "OMG! I'm busted!"

Then it settles down to embarrassment every time she sees someone checking her out. Kinda like what an anthropomorphic deer in the headlights would probably think.

And only later can she, pretty or not, begin to take in stride what, to a FAB, would be a normal level of attention.

Hugs,
Persephone.

jillleanne
11-06-2011, 07:27 AM
different than when they go out.

So my question is, do you have similar motives for wanting notice or the attention? What type of attention do you seek, specifically?

In my case, the attention I seek is allowing the viewer to take notice as to how nice and feminine I appear, how the clothing/shoes match, how well groomed I am, and to present the feminine appearance overall as acceptable, maybe nicer than the ordinary, successful if you will, comfortable and confident in life, and possibly a little desirable. I do like being noticed and if I can make someone smile or have a positive effect on someone's day, then I have achieved a high.

sweetvictoria
11-06-2011, 07:41 AM
I will agree that when I have gone out dressed, few people notice me. I dress casual when I go shopping. Maybe I am strange but I notice what women are wearing before I look at their face. That could also be the result of my crossdressing though. Then I look at their femine shape with envy. I had to explain this to my girlfriend as she thought I was being rude, staring at other women. She understands now that I am looking at their clothes more then anything.

vikki2020
11-07-2011, 12:11 AM
"So my question is, do you have similar motives for wanting notice or the attention? What type of attention do you seek, specifically?"----

Yes, I guess that I like to be considered attractive,when I'm out. I put a lot of work into it, and getting some positive attention is nice! If I'm walking down the street, and a car honks at me, I have to tell you, I enjoy that very much! I tend to wear my skirts a bit short, but not naughty,lol, so, that might invite some of the attention I get.

NCAmazon
11-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Nathanlie, your observations seem to be good, but have some pride and believe you are a cute girl. Its just that you are not flashy and drawing attention. In the special events section I posted about my fem wear exercise where I went out as a guy in a sweater dress and knee high boots. No wig, no make up just a man with a dress.

Most people didn't give a f""k what I was wearing. Even when they glanced they went back to their own world. I thought at that moment, The world is not really watching me that much!! For the people that do watch, your the most exciting thing they've seen all day in their mundane lives.

Good observations.

karanne
11-07-2011, 07:49 AM
A lot of good observations here.

I live 'en femme' 24/7/365. My workplace at City Hall is a few miles down the road from a Wal*Mart, so I tend to go grocery shopping after work, like a lot of people do. That means I tend to wear skirted suits and heels, like others do, and I tend to notice others. I'm still enough of a guy (or a lesbian) to check out a pretty girl's face and figure, and notice what she's wearing. They in turn see a middle-aged (sigh) woman wearing a skirted business suit with a decent bust.

kimdl93
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Lots of interesting discussion. I also enjoy doing mundane chores en femme....whether its picking up dry cleaning, coffee at Starbucks, grocery shopping or dropping the dogs at the kennel for grooming. I don't have any illusions about passing, but I do hope to blend in to a considerable extent. I know I'm read often, but most of the time its no big deal...usually it just elicits a smile. And if someone does happen to compliment me - for some reason its usually my eyes - I certainly appreciate it.

Jennifer in CO
11-07-2011, 09:00 AM
When I transitioned back in 79, I didn't want to be noticed but since I was 6ft tall it was hard not to be. That said, I did everything I could to minimize the doubts people might have when they saw me. I ALWAYS wore understated makeup, my hair was ALWAYS styled in a pretty fashion, and until I accepted myself and felt that I was no longer being studied or "read" I wore lower-cut blouses/tops so that cleavage was noticeable. Oh...and I can count on one hand the number of times that first year I wore pants (jeans/etc) anywhere but around the house. I did not want to be noticed or seen for anything other than a tall girl.

Jenn

SusanLCD
11-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Nathalie,
I thoroughly enjoy the mundane errands, too. As an older woman, I attact less attention while going about my tasks. For me, this enhances passability. More accurately, blendability.

I'm not a pretty woman. My age and size (I'm losing weight, but, it's a slow process) combine to keep me off the radar of those who scan the crowds. As you imply for yourself: not bad, but, not beautiful, either.

I try to dress attractively to compensate. And, I try to smile at people, which helps. Periodically, I will get a compliment related to my presentation. I've received compliments like "You look nice", "Don't you look nice, today", "I love your shoes/skirt/nail color", and such. Usually from SAs or wait staff; sometimes other customers. I've even been whistled at. (Obviously not SAs or wait staff. :cool: ) A result of my presentation; not personal good looks. I realize that.

But, as Persephone observes, GMs are invisible. To be appreciated/complimented for something, it has to be a really big deal. Otherwise, nothing. Any strokes I'm going to get must come from my own feeling of self-satisfaction.

So, going through the world as Susan provides an opportuntiy to interface with others who are warmer, more likely to give me a smile, maybe even a compliment from time-to-time. Combine that with the possibility of a man holding the door for me, an SA addressing me as "maam", and, once in a while, a bargain price on a great pair of shoes. Who wouldn't rather perform their daily tasks under those conditions?

BTW: I'm with NCAmazon when she says you are a cute girl. Your posts and photos are great and share a woman with us who looks and presents wonderfully.

NathalieX66
11-07-2011, 09:48 PM

My motivation, when I'm out, is to specifically to be a woman like any other woman, and still enjoy the myriad of fashion choices that women have. I wore a grey cowl neck sweater dress and boots with 3½" heels at an upscale restaurant and a café last week, and it was fitting for the occasion.

Shopping at, let's say, Target, it's just womans jeans, a red top with puffy short sleeves, and ballerina flats. I don't care to make a statement unless the occasion expects it.
I think I'm able to look better than a lot of women my age.

And thanks for the compliments SusanLCD and NCAmazon. :)

erickka
11-08-2011, 06:36 AM
I most notice beautiful eyes, well pronounced features (lips cheekbones,etc), and a great smile. Then comes a great figure.

drag n fly
11-08-2011, 07:17 AM
apparently you weren't as big of a dork as I was then..... they noticed me. "hey 4 eyes!" "hey metal mouth!" : P Bet they don't say that anymore...smooches Jackie

Okay..I guess I'm more of a lesbian pig...First thing I notice is a beautiful big ass...I love bigger women..then her clothes...then her face and smile...Maybe not always in that order...But something like that...Oink...Jackie

Aprilrain
11-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Bet they don't say that anymore...smooches Jackie

Now they say "wow that bitch is tall!" and they DO mean BITCH ; )

Kaitlyn Michele
11-08-2011, 09:19 AM
i want to feel confident and attractive...i don't think of guys or gals specifically, but i do notice how i'm dressed relative to other women...i think however that i am conditioned to notice sexually attractive women..perhaps reine what you are saying is that women do that too..

when i look at myself i tend to look at the overall picture, how i am put together...i rank my "looks" and its strange that i have outfits i don't like that i wear some days..not sure why i don't just stick with the things i wear best..
my face is not badl...i look younger than my years, i get positive attention mostly from older men and people commenting on my height...
the attention feels "normal" and makes me more confident and my mind wanders back to those moments quite often..

being embarrassed is a rite of passage...9 of 10 times, its just you...engaging the person who outs you with a smile is all it takes....sometimes there are haters, and the "stink eye" is something i experienced many times..

starting to do mundane errands dressed as a woman was a big moment and turning point for me...one thing that set off my gender explosion was the realization that transition was actually possible and within reach...going to the market to get a diet coke in sweats and being maam'd felt great, but had a devastating impact on my male mental health..

Aprilrain
11-08-2011, 09:43 AM
...going to the market to get a diet coke in sweats and being maam'd felt great, but had a devastating impact on my male mental health..

I think being "a man" had a devastating impact on my mental health. I'm not being cute here I seriously think I got through the better part of 34 years because I was not a "man" sure I was male and I wasn't a boy anymore but I wasn't a "man" until I got sober, got married and had kids, all of a sudden the "man" role was thrust upon me and it was devastating to my mental health. That is not to say the gender crap wasn't there before it was just more manageable without the "man" role expectations.

EllieOPKS
11-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Dragon fly I am a lot like you. I am a butt man and I like a nice toned woman with a nice butt. I go from butt to face but the face is not the main attractor. As far as going out en femme for mundane tasks, I haven't reached that point yet but I feel confident I will get there.

kellycan27
11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
If you don't mind me asking, why DO you want to look good or be noticed in a particular way? I guess the standard answer would be, it is natural for people to want to feel good about themselves. But, I'm asking if you would look a little deeper than that. :)
So my question is, do you have similar motives for wanting notice or the attention? What type of attention do you seek, specifically

Seriously.. How much reading time do you have? :heehee: I was born to a couple who were not only very attractive, but very successful. I was raised with the notion that you needed to "be" someone. You needed to stand out and make your mark. Anyone can be average. You need to hang out with the "right" people, and at the right places, and that's what we did.. we hung out with the the "right" people. What i soon discovered is that the "right"people also had the "right" kids.
Jimmy was a jock and smart. Chrissy was beautiful and desirable, and Jane was talented and quite pretty. These were the kids who stood out, and who were smothered with praise while the rest of us looked on. These kids were the "examples" the the rest of us needed to follow. There were us kids who were smart, but more introverted.. we didn't stand out, and more or less had to take a back seat to the more outgoing and self confident types. In high school if dawned on me that Hey! I was smarter than Chrissy, and I got better grades than Janie so why are they the ones who get all of the attention and praise? I could only surmise that it was because they were not only smart... they were pretty. I was short,chubby, wore glasses and not only got my share of pimples, but think I got Jane and Chrissy's share too. Add the fact that as much as I wanted to please my mother..it seemed like i was never quite good enough. I got excellent grades, I never got into trouble, but according to her.. I could do better, I could be smarter and I could be better....
Fast forward....... I worked my ass off.. I got the degrees (2) I worked on my body and I worked on my looks.. I got pretty, and I got desirable. I didn't want to compete with Chrissy and Janey.. I wanted to stomp them into the ground. I didn't want a bunch of men.. I wanted a bunch of men to want me. I think that if competition was or is involved it had to be with my mother. She was beautiful, and I saw they way that men and women alike treated her. When my mom walked into a room... all eyes were on her. I think I wanted to show her that I could not only be a girl..I could compete on her level. The feel good factor?..... Hell yes! The other day i was walking in the mall and there were these two nice looking guys walking towards me sort of looking me up and down as they approached. As they passed by me I turned my head to the right and watched their refection in the window.. both turned to check out my butt after they had passed, just like I knew they would. Eat your hearts out boys........ you can't touch this! :heehee:
"Put me in coach , I am ready to play..... today"

Kelly

JanetK
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I enjoy to do mundane tasks as well. I look at it as this: I dress to blend in as much as possible. If I need to do some grocery shopping, eat, or go to the post office while I am out and about, I will do it regardless of how I am dressed. I have gone grocery shopping in a skirt suit and heels several times (full makeup and wig, of course).
The whole challenge I had to get past is to act like I am doing nothing strange or out of the ordinary. In the past, I would do everything in my power to avoid SAs and other customers while I was out and about as Janet. Once I realized that avoiding people actually drew MORE attention to myself, I was more at ease with being out in public enfemme. It is amazing how few people pay attention to you when you are one of the crowd. It is a huge confidence booster.
To address another subliminal question that has been posed by others on this thread; When I go out, I do not dress to stand out. I dress to fit in.

kellycan27
11-08-2011, 02:16 PM
I enjoy to do mundane tasks as well. I look at it as this: I dress to blend in as much as possible. If I need to do some grocery shopping, eat, or go to the post office while I am out and about, I will do it regardless of how I am dressed. I have gone grocery shopping in a skirt suit and heels several times (full makeup and wig, of course).
The whole challenge I had to get past is to act like I am doing nothing strange or out of the ordinary. In the past, I would do everything in my power to avoid SAs and other customers while I was out and about as Janet. Once I realized that avoiding people actually drew MORE attention to myself, I was more at ease with being out in public enfemme. It is amazing how few people pay attention to you when you are one of the crowd. It is a huge confidence booster.
To address another subliminal question that has been posed by others on this thread; When I go out, I do not dress to stand out. I dress to fit in.

The wow factor for me is not dressing to be noticed, but being noticed no matter how I am dressed, whether it be in that LBD, 4" heels and full war paint or in jeans, tennis shoes, t-shirt and a smidge of lip gloss. If what you do works for you... you're golden, but to me what you describe ( and again I am not knocking it) is just standing on the side lines. There's a big beautiful ,and exciting world out there and it can be ours if we avail ourselves to it. That's what I want.. I want to grab that bull by the tail and kick him in the n*ts!

Kel

Aprilrain
11-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I worked my ass off.. I got the degrees (2) I worked on my body and I worked on my looks.. I got pretty, and I got desirable. I didn't want to compete with Chrissy and Janey.. I wanted to stomp them into the ground. I didn't want a bunch of men.. I wanted a bunch of men to want me. I think that if competition was or is involved it had to be with my mother. She was beautiful, and I saw they way that men and women alike treated her. When my mom walked into a room... all eyes were on her. I think I wanted to show her that I could not only be a girl..I could compete on her level.

OH! I saw this! I think it was on LMN wasn't it? ........Nerd turns girl, girl makes good, mother disappears without a trace:heehee:

Loveday
11-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Besides driving up and down I 75 dressed in fem, the mundane errands I enoy lately are going to the main Post Office in Royal Oak when I am down state. The biggest kick is driving by my former employer slowly and not being noticed by any of those bigots. I like to blend in but there is something about maybe getting caught lately thats giving me a kick, guess I am getting to the point that I just do not give a rats rip what others think.

kellycan27
11-08-2011, 03:24 PM
OH! I saw this! I think it was on LMN wasn't it? ........Nerd turns girl, girl makes good, mother disappears without a trace:heehee:

You're quick with a joke or to lite up my smoke, but isn't there some place you'd rather be? :heehee:

Kel