PDA

View Full Version : A special Halloween day

Barbra P
11-05-2011, 01:18 AM
I dressed early, around 10 am and then walked the dog around the block. Stopped and talked to Verla up the street, not the first time she has seen me, but she introduced me to Monica her new next-door neighbor on the corner. Verla introduced me as Barbra before telling Monica my male name. I said I liked being called Babs and after a few minutes I continued on walking the dog, and Monica said “Bye Babs.” Around the corner I met Jenny and we talked for a few minutes, Jenny knew about my dressing but hadn’t seen me before.

Early afternoon my Daughter, Sarah, came home from her classes and I mentioned that I really didn’t have any earrings that I liked with the outfit I was wearing. She said let’s go shopping and we headed to the mall. Well we didn’t make it to the mall but we did make to Penney’s and entered on the second floor from the parking structure. The Women’s section is on the first floor. A number of SA’s smiled and welcomed us to Penney’s as we walked to the escalator. Down on the first floor we found he earring section and there were several ladies there looking at the earrings. Even when I was looking at a pair on the same display as one of the other women nobody really paid me any attention. I found two pair I liked and asked Sarah which one she liked as I could only afford one pair. She said to buy either one, she4’d buy me the other pair.

We headed for the cashier, but I saw a blouse I liked and walked over and took it off the rack and asked Sarah if she liked it. Her response was there’s the dressing room, let’s see what it looks like on you. I was in luck and there was an empty stall so I tried on the blouse and stepped out of the stall so Sarah could see the blouse on me – she liked it and so did I. I changed back and we headed to the cashier where I fished out my Visa card. The cashier complemented me on my nails and said she really liked the color. I know it was Halloween but I had a great time shopping in Penney's.

Well Monday I see my Therapist and she told me at the last session that she wants to meet Barbra at the next session. I’m still a little nervous about walking into a large medical center and then sitting in the waiting area waiting to be called. But I’m thinking when I leave I might drive to Penney’s and do some more shopping. I saw a sleeveless halter blouse online and I’d like to see if the store has it and try it on. I’d like to get a new bra too as one of mine doesn’t really fit my breast forms right; I could try on a bra on Monday and be assured of a good fit.

Cynthia Anne
11-05-2011, 09:00 AM
I would say that was a great way to spend haloween! To treat yourself to such treats is no trick at all!:) Hugs!:)

Barbra P
11-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi Cynthia

That was the first time en femme in a major department store although I had been to a small Avenue store en femme on two occasions. I forgot to mention that I needed to use the rest room while at Penney's and I found the Women's Room to be much nicer than the Men's. After using the Men's Rooms for sixty-plus years, it always amazes me that the women are so social with conversations going on between the stalls; saying "Hi" will get you threatening looks in a Men's Room.

stacycoral
11-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Barbra. girl it sounds like you had a great day, i also had a fun day on halloween this year. I wish i could go shopping with my girls.