PDA

View Full Version : the "real me"

lucaluca
11-05-2011, 09:24 AM
in a lot of threads i read comments like "when i dress, i feel like the real me" "when i dress i am happy" "i hate it when i have to dress in male clothes" etc.
but what does that mean? most of us aren't transsexuals, thus we are happy with our sex. would you live 24/7 fulltime if it would be socially accepted? or would you still switch between male and female appearance? and if you would live 24/7 but you aren't transsexual, would you present yourself as a female, or as a male in a dress and with make up?

KrystalA
11-05-2011, 09:27 AM
If it were socially acceptable to dress en femme fulltime, I would present myself as female constantly.

lucaluca
11-05-2011, 09:36 AM
but do you consider yourself as a female? or are you just a man who likes to dress up?

Michelle 2
11-05-2011, 10:30 AM
I am very happy presenting as my male self. On the other hand I am happy presenting as my female counterpart also. Everyone here I believe is partially female in there thinking, or why be a member of this forum. I view crossdressing as an art form that is alot of fun and very challenging at the same time. There is so much to experiment with to create or even perfect a look. What I have learned from the short time I have been a member here is that it is important to express who you are from the inside to the outward reflection.

I do not despise wearing mens clothing, it is just my preference to wear female clothing and I am having so much fun doing it more often lately.

In researching and listening to the ladies in this group I have learned so much, to be a better crossdresser and to express myself in a more feminine manner. This all takes dedication, practice and a lot of financial investment as we all know. It is expensive being a woman, but worth the investment from my point of view. I am finding that with my experimetation I am spending more time in makeup,skirts and heels and feeling very comfortable well as me.

I have never felt that I am TS but my personal goal is to present as an attractive woman in her mid 50's although going through the transformation process I look like I am at least 10 years younger. The magic of makeup and skin care regiment is pretty amazing. As it has been posted many times before it is a slippery slope but so worth it when it makes you feel happy about yourself.

Michelle

Cynthia Anne
11-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Call me what you may! I'm 24/7 and I could care less what others think! I guess that's why I'm happy! Hugs!

ChristineM
11-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Er..what Michelle 2 said.

So well.

docrobbysherry
11-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Another of those, "What if?", threads? Without as much "magic wand" as usual, tho. Good! Kind of different!

Dressing and appearing as a man is; quick, comfortable, easy, boring, and "not very happy with the results", for me.
While dressing and appearing to be female is; creative, an effort, time consuming, exciting, stimulating, challenging, and satisfying!

That being said, I sadly admit that trying to appear female, the way I LIKE to look, would most likely become tedious and tiring if I had to it EVERY DAY! However, using your magic wand, I'd LOVE to try it and find out, Luca!

Cheryl T
11-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Were it acceptable I would be 24/7.
I would not be a male in a dress...I would be me and the most I could be.

AllieSF
11-05-2011, 03:00 PM
I am happy in male and female mode. I get a special feeling in female mode because of how I am accepted and tolerated by complete strangers. I never really feel like a woman. I feel like me dressed like a woman. I hope that helps.

Katelyn B
11-05-2011, 03:16 PM
When I dress, which is pretty much 100% of the time I'm alone and very occasionally when I'm not, I just feel "more" like me then when I'm not, can't really explain it beyond that. I know I'm not a woman physically, and I have no idea if I am one mentally, I don't "act" a role or character when dressed, I'm just more complete. I don't want to say more like the way I should be, but it does feel like that, but I have no idea of that makes me transgendered or not, its a journey I'm taking and I don't know the final destination yet.

Hope that helps.

/Katie

XXX

connie23
11-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I am definitely happy to dress as a man but it feels totally different when I dress as a woman. More relaxing and stimulating at the same time. I also feel much more creative in trying to put together a whole look in fem mode. I think the creative part is who I really am, I just haven't figured out how to be the creative person in men's clothes.
Does that make sense?
Connie

gabimartini
11-05-2011, 04:22 PM
If it were socially accepted, I'd present however I felt at the time, or maybe even according to the situation. To go shopping for lingerie, I'd dress en femme. To go get my car's oil changed at the auto shop, I'd dress en homme.

Kate Simmons
11-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Actually, the "real me" has nothing at all to do with gender but has everything to do with being myself.:)

Dena
11-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I would dress a whole more if I were maybe 4 inches shorter and 40 or so pounds lighter. I'm 50 now and my body hair is being absolutely uncooperative in this endeavor!

nvlady
11-05-2011, 06:17 PM
The real me is a guy that shaves his beard every three or four days and thinks that's good enough because I really don't give a s***.
I am happy in my sloppy male clothes 99% of the time, but every so often I like to switch things around.
If it was COMPLETELY socially acceptable I would probably wear a skirt and makeup as often as the women I see on the street, which is about once a week.