PDA

View Full Version : Suzy got away with it. This time!

suzy1
11-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I plucked my eyebrows about a year ago and nobody noticed.
Not my family, not my friends, nobody.

Then last night I was watching my two sons playing snooker and another member of the team who is always joking and mucking about said “with eyebrows like yours you could be a drag queen”

My first response was one of shock/horror. And I immediately changed the subject.
But then it was replaced by being a bit flattered.

But it did not end there. Latter I was sitting watching the last game of the evening and he sat next to me and grabbed my leg just above the ankle. He is a really nice man but has a weird sense of humour.
“You don’t have any hair on your legs” he said.
But one of my sons had just got a 48 brake and was still potting [If you know snooker you will understand] so all attention was on him.

So I got away with it. This time!

SUZY

celeste26
11-05-2011, 10:21 AM
So are you going to own up to this whole thing? Seems you had a couple of opportunities to do just that.

suzy1
11-05-2011, 10:24 AM
So are you going to own up to this whole thing? Seems you had a couple of opportunities to do just that.

In my part off the world and the sort of people I have to mix with it would be a really bad idea, trust me!!!!!

Cynthia Anne
11-05-2011, 10:48 AM
About the drag queen comment! You could of said ''well let's go and find out''!:eek::D:hugs:

Chickhe
11-05-2011, 11:05 AM
I get really ticked off when people make comments about my body... However, the type of people you mention seldom believe that you are what they say... and they are often uncomfortable talking about it, so I find the best response is to say in a joking manner something like ...'...so why is that you think you know so much about drag queens?' or 'I don't care what my eyebrows look like as long as my wife is happy, wink wink' or pucker up and blow him a kiss. Or you can yell over to your big bouncer buddy for all to hear and say '.... says I have drag queen eyebrows....what do you think!?'...your're buddy will respond with 'I don't care what any other guys eyeborws look like!'.

Sophie86
11-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Getting off that quick comeback is always hard when you have to think on your feet. Unless you've thought it out beforehand...

If I ever get this one, I think I'll say: "Really? Cool! I'm going to need a second career when the kids leave the nest..."

*Vanessa*
11-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Me think's ya been spotted by someone who like's ya, Suzi :)

Sallee
11-05-2011, 11:42 AM
quick responses are always best but hard to come up with quickly. One I have used about shaved legs is my wife is into it. One I have used but only when dressed and accused of being a man is "oh thanks I almost forgot"
The eye brows takes some thinking. But I like asking how they know what a DQ's eyebrows look like
Another I have used and it leaves them guessing is "It is for my evening with the girls" or something similar.
Some times the truth is just not believed

suzy1
11-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Me think's ya been spotted by someone who like's ya, Suzi :)

Yes but do I like him!
Can he make my every dream come true?
Can he treat Lady Suzy in the way she is accustomed to?
Does he have lots of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Longing2be-Trisha
11-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Suzy it sounds like this guy knows more about what is going on and is really into it. Like the comment about the eyebrows, then all the flattery, then just coming up and grabbing your leg. He either likes you or he just likes the idea you being dressed as a woman. Only time will tell! Have fun some fun with him next time flirt back a little Suzy!

Hugs

Rachel Flowers
11-05-2011, 02:36 PM
I can imagine what a scary moment that must have been!

And I wonder how many of the people on here urging you to flirt back with a man when you're in boy mode among family and others to whom you are not out would actually have the guts to do the same themselves...?

Perhaps we all need a thread to share prepared responses to unwelcome comments! :heehee:

Anne2345
11-05-2011, 02:59 PM
But one of my sons had just got a 48 brake and was still potting [If you know snooker you will understand] so all attention was on him.

Ah, yes, the ole 48 brake and still potting. No wonder you got away with it! Under those circumstances, how could you not get away with it? There was, after all, a 48 brake and potting to be witnessed!!!! Btw, I haven't a clue as to what any of that means . . . . :tongueout

Nicole Erin
11-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Next time say, "Oh and about my shaven legs, what do you think of these silky black NYLONS?! (and hike up your pant leg as you say "NYLONS")

StarrOfDelite
11-05-2011, 06:29 PM
I've always said that the English have weird senses of humor, but this man went a past "seriously weird" when he grabbed your leg. Whether in DRAB or DRAG I would be totally freaked out if someone I knew casually groped my leg under the circumstances you descrbe. I don't know much about the customs in England, but in the parts of America with which I am familiar men neither feel other men's legs nor make comments about them.

My opinion fwiw is that you should not underestimate the seriousness of the incident. I would tend to agree with the comments made by Vanessa and Trisha to the effect that this man thinks that he's made you, and he is interested. Since the whole world just knows that All Trannies Are Fags, the nature of that interest is probably sexual. Is he the kind of person who is going to go noising his suspicions to your family, friends and business associates. Is he the kind of person who might stalk you to attempt to catch you in female array? Is he the kind of person who might try to get sexual favors from you in order to remain silent?

I have no idea what responses I would have made in similar circumstances. I'm sure I would've been flummoxed about the eyebrow/DQ thing, and the leg groping thing is just off the charts for offensive behavior.

Ressie
11-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't know to what extent you're plucking your eyebrows, but if you're getting them to look fem, men are gonna notice. I'm guessing other men have noticed but don't say anything. I keep mine trimmed without getting them too gurly and I'm sure some guys (those that never trim their overgrowth) think I'm gay or something.

I still don't know your age or the age of your son's friend, but kids also notice stuff as you know, even if they're not that young anymore.

Jeannie
11-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Well Suze, it sounds like you made out OK. If it was me, I would just have to stand there and look really really stupid because I am very slow on the uptake and can't come up with an answer until I am hours from the event. Good job as far as I am concerned. Oh yea, I have no idea what a 48 break is.

Jilmac
11-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Well I'm not a snooker player but it seems that your mates were more interested in the game than persuing the question about your leg hair and eyebrows. It may have been quite different had you been watching women's tennis.