PDA

View Full Version : Truly a small place, this world!!

avery.j
11-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Something happened today that I would never have imagine could happen! Thankfully, it was all good. I have been visiting Boston occasionally and I have had these ideas of venturing out to the streets with a hint of makeup and some very subtle female fall attire without any other visible transformation unless someone actually looks at me from a foot away, assuming who would recognize me here in the evenings. Then walking out of the subway station at Broadway, who do I walk right into? A family friend, a close acquaintance, someone who's known me from the day I have existed. He is not from Boston either, but all the way from west. Now, from around 350 million people, meeting someone like this, how often does that happen! I am just thanking my stars that I was in my worn out wranglers and hoodie with unshaven face and a darn short haircut, with no hint of anything. I cannot imagine what would have happened otherwise had I been outed.
Anyways, the chilled bear with him was good as we talked about the good ole days when I lived with my parents with him as a neighbor.

Karren H
11-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh Yeah!! It's amazing who you bump into when you might have been dressed up but decided not to.. I've had the same thing happen a couple times! So far Iive only passed people I knew in parking lots enfemme.... Not face to face.

Maria 60
11-05-2011, 09:42 PM
It's probably easier to meet someone the further you are from home. I went through a packed mall close to home tonight and seen no one i knew. It's a small world.

Persephone
11-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Oh Yeah!! It's amazing who you bump into when you might have been dressed up but decided not to..

My bigger fear is bumping into people who only know me en femme when I might have been dressed up but decided not to!

Seriously! It seems to me that unless there is an obvious clue, like being with your spouse, walking up your own driveway, or getting into what they know is your car, that the average person who knows you as a guy is simply not going to recognize you en femme. Many of us have walked past neighbors, friends, and even relatives time and time again in a shopping mall or a theater or restaurant and have gone unnoticed.

But I'm scared silly that one day I'll be with my spouse and be en drab (dressed as a guy) and someone who knows us as two women will bust me. That is a LOT scarier!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jilmac
11-05-2011, 10:53 PM
With my luck the old aquaintance I'd bump into would turn out to be a serial killer and I'd be his next victim,,,lol.

BillieJoEllen
11-05-2011, 11:32 PM
I have had this happen a number of times. The closest i became to being discovered was a man I worked closely with and we passed each other uptown on a Friday night years ago. It was about 10 below that night and he didn't glance at me long. Had he recognized me I might as well of kissed my job goodbye. I was on pins and needles all weekend long waiying for him to say something on Monday. It never happened though.

PretzelGirl
11-06-2011, 10:17 AM
It is truly a small world. My father was military and we ran into people we new from his military days after his retirement (it is almost expected to keep running into each other while still in the military). I had a kindergarten classmate from Cuba graduate high school with me 1400 miles away and have run into a 5th grade classmate from Guam while in Germany.

But I also agree with Barbara. They aren't likely to recognize you dressed, especially if it has been a while. Memories can be good, but if it isn't someone you see regular, you are back in the long term memory and a femme looking you isn't likely to pull those memories forward.

NZ_Dawn
11-07-2011, 02:39 AM
The odds for me are far greater. You have 350 million to our 4 million. Smaller country....and everyone thinks they know about everyones elses business! (;-)
My wife and I escaped last weekend to this great Hotel for some chill-out time. We both enjoyed our time away; but I was stumped at meeting two friends from our town by chance as we checked out who had stayed there the same time and 5 minutes later a cousin from the other end of the country. All this in a remote hotel I would have thought was well out-of-the-way! All I could think of was:- If I had gone Enfemme, would it have been good enough to conceal my identity? Like you Im still not out, and I guess it just soemthing to consider with our more femme side. I hate the thought of trying to hide away, but until I feel more comfortable and this place expands it will be a small world!

ReineD
11-07-2011, 03:26 AM
My bigger fear is bumping into people who only know me en femme when I might have been dressed up but decided not to!

That has happened several times to my SO. He said it was weird, I don't think he liked it very much, but he got through it OK. I'm just surprised they recognized him.

kimdl93
11-07-2011, 09:05 AM
I had the expereince of bumping into a neighbor while en femme. I was stunned but she was remarkably cool about it.

Toni Citara
11-07-2011, 10:11 AM
I've run into people at the oddest times and in places that I never guessed would happen.

In Mexico, at some tiny restaurant in a border town, who walks in? Some people from my parent's church and they immediately felt it was necessary to sit at my table and start preaching.

I was at a gay night/dance club wearing a pair of black, 2" pumps with my regular clothing and I run into a girl I knew from college, a hundred plus miles away from school. As the night went on I kept hitting on her, eventually she asked if I was gay, I said "no" - she asked why I was in a gay bar, I said they have the best dance music. We didn't dance, but sat at the bar and drank for a couple hours. I'm not sure she knew I was wearing heels, at least if she did, she didn't say anything.

suchacutie
11-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Fully enfemme, hundreds of miles from home, completely out of context, and you run into someone who knows your male self:

Result:

Nothing. They will have no anchor to link to your male self and the chance of being recognized has got to be near zero, assuming there is nothing to link you to your male self (like being with someone who can link to your male self, like a spouse!).

It's all in the correlation! :)

tina

LeaP
11-07-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't recognize people from the office when outside even when they look and dress exactly the same, more often than not.

Lea

stacycoral
11-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Yes, i know what you mean, i have been dressed, a thought came and i change out, the next place i was there were several people i knew,Here the populaction is small, and everyone get to know what you drive, you go to a big town to shop,here are everyone from several town that know you. there was a time i had stop in a small town around memorial dayto remember,while dressed, i found out later that day i had miss my uncle at the same place, that was a little to close, to have been a relative. Number One Rule is alway we careful and safe while dressed as a women.

Alice B
11-07-2011, 03:18 PM
I've run into people I know or have not seen in a long time is some very remote airports around the world. The last on a mud airfield in the highlands of Papua New Guenia. Was not dressed per say, but did have some mascera on. Was not noticed, or at least nothing was said.

Stephanie47
11-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I really do not fear running into a friend or relative when I am out for an evening stroll. Chances are slim they would notice me. However, I do fear someone will recognize my car even though it is a common make and model. As to chance meetings the most bizarre I've heard of was my brother and one of our cousins meeting on school field trips in the headdress of the Statue of Liberty. If any of you have been in the headdress, you know how confining the area is and the narrowness and steepness of the stairs to get there. Eerie!

prettytoes
11-07-2011, 05:06 PM
My wife and I were in Cozumel, Mexico a few years back, and she saw 2 people she knew, and I ran into a guy that used to work for me. Not dressed, but another example of how small the world really is!

avery.j
11-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Wow! I see the likelihood of a highly unlikely event to be pretty high here. However surprising it may be to see someone familiar far from home, doesn't it always give sort of a rush?

Eryn
11-07-2011, 08:34 PM

Seriously! It seems to me that unless there is an obvious clue, like being with your spouse, walking up your own driveway, or getting into what they know is your car, that the average person who knows you as a guy is simply not going to recognize you en femme.

That has happened several times to my SO. He said it was weird, I don't think he liked it very much, but he got through it OK. I'm just surprised they recognized him.

Hmm, that's interesting. I've always been of the mind that my female presentation is different enough from my male presentation that there is little chance of any of my drab friends recognizing Eryn unless there is linkage such as cars or wife. This means that Eryn can only be out some distance away from home. We did have one experience while shopping 50 miles from home where my wife bumped into a co-worker, but the co-worker didn't know either of my selves so we just shopped separately for a while to avoid the "reverse recognition" situation that Persephone described.

Tara D. Rose
11-07-2011, 09:16 PM
yes i agree the world gets smaller everyday

NathalieX66
11-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Bumping into someone en femme hasn't happened to me yet, but when I was in college in Connecticut, I was at an art museum field trip at the Museum of Modern Art in NY City, and I bumped into a girl by surprise, from my neighborhood from Rhode Island who was my best friend's ex GF and prom date.......some odds.
Guess what? She is one of a few of my friends that knows this side of me.