PDA

View Full Version : Another doctor visit Suntan Lines!

krissysSecret
11-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Just wanted to share this funny story about my recent doctor visit. After spending 2 weeks on vacation lying in the hot sun with a 2 piece bikini, I had a very very distinct sun tan top and bottom. I had never done this before and since I had the time and opportunity, I just decided to do it...after all, no one would see the results but me.WRONG! I soon had a health issue that needed some immediate attention requiring a visit to my doctor for some tests, etc.I was scared to death knowing that I would have to remove the clothing for the exams to follow.
Sitting on the table when the doc comes, we have the usual chat about any probs, etc and then its time for shirt removal...I could feel my heart start beating pretty fast as I tell the doc that I have an unusual suntan just to give him a little warning.
I watched his face as I removed my shirt and he had a funny look but said nothing. He was checking my blood pressure and listening to my heart rate and he stated that I seemed to have worked myself up to quite an anxious state and that I needed to relax. I told him that I didn't know that I'd be coming out of the closet to him but it was a difficult moment.After a few minutes of health talk,he checked me again and I had relaxed.
As we finished up and he was leaving the room, he said go out,, stay healthy and go work on that tan! I nearly fell off the table.
It was a real anxious moment for me,but it opened up the door for the next visits where nothing was said at all. Now.. it just seems really funny when I look back on it. Side note here as on the other doctor visit thread, I was completely shaved as I prefer to stay that way now,but the whole suntan look got all the attention.

Sometimes Steffi
11-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I love that story.

I admire your bravery in geting girly tan lines.

Whenever I consider doing something semi permanent, e.g., shaving, tan lines, threading etc., I'm always concerned about how obvious it will be and how long, if ever, it will take to return to "normal"

You go girl.

joandher
11-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Dont worry ive been there when my doctor wanted my shirt off and i was totaly under dressed, looking back now it seems so funny ,but they have seen it all , and all they are interested in is your good health.

Hugs J-JAY

juliecdfl
11-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks for sharing that great story. The most semi-permanent thing I have done is shave...and if someone ever asks I use the excuse that I am a runner. I would have no excuse for the tan lines but wish I had them :-) I admire your courage.