PDA

View Full Version : A "First" That Really Made Me Feel Great!

Persephone
11-07-2011, 04:03 AM
The museum's self-serve cafe was pretty packed when my spouse and I (en femme) arrived. We had all our food on one tray that I was holding and were looking for a place to sit.

I saw a table open up and told my spouse to head for it and that I would follow with the tray.

The seats were across from each other at a long community table. There were two guys sitting at the end seats, and some people leaving the next group of seats.

My spouse went around the back of the table so that it would be easier for me to put the tray down when I approached.

Just as my spouse was sitting down, two other women arrived and took the seat she had intended for me and an adjacent seat. I walked up before she could say anything.

As I approached, one of the two men on the end, apparently seeing that there was no seat for me, said, "You can have this seat, Ma'm."

I could see that he hadn't quite finished his lunch and I said, "Oh, thank you, but you haven't finished your lunch, we'll just get another chair from someplace."

He stood up and said, "No, it is the right thing for me to do."

He quickly moved his lunch and his jacket out of my way. Again, I said, "That is so sweet, but really, you don't have to."

"Oh, but I do," he said, "it is the right thing to do for a lady."

As I set my tray down he held the chair for me and politely tucked it under me as I sat down and said, "Thank you so much!."

He said "you are welcome," turned to his friend who was now seated across from me and said, "I'll meet you out in the courtyard."

His friend remained seated across from me, finished his lunch, and said, "Have a nice day Ma'm" as he left.

That thoughtful man really made my day!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Shelly Preston
11-07-2011, 05:05 AM
Oh what a lovely man

Its nice to see some still know how to treat a lady :)

I am sure it made your day

noeleena
11-07-2011, 05:42 AM
Hi,

That really was sweet. & yes there are some neat guys around just we dont allways see them .

...noeleena...

erickka
11-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Well, I guess that proves the fact that chivalry is not totally dead, albeit very rare. That would have made my day too!

PretzelGirl
11-07-2011, 06:47 AM
That should keep you warm through the winter.

kimdl93
11-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Thats a great story. Its nice to see that chivalry isn't dead!

Sheila11
11-07-2011, 07:01 PM
It is great when anybody does "the right thing".

Eryn
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Such a nice experience! Gentlemen are becoming rarer, but there are a few out there!