PDA

View Full Version : Free Clothes :(

Dixie
11-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Yesterday I went to the carwash to vacuum the car. Someone left a shopping bag of clothes on the ledge beside the trash can. The tags were still on them they were brand new and they were just my size (at least the top was) from the tag that was hanging out of the bag. Now one would think that I would be overjoyed at such good fortune, but alas I was with my father so the clothes had to stay behind :( A classic case of having your cake and not being able to eat it. The top was a very lacy lavender material, possibly a cami?? Sigh, I guess I will never know.

kimdl93
11-07-2011, 03:16 PM
What a bummer. Too bad you didn't take the bag and just tell your dad that it was a shame to waste clothes, so you were going to take them to GoodWill! I wonder if they might still be there today?

t-girlxsophie
11-07-2011, 03:30 PM
There was probably a few ways you could have got those clothes.Sounds like one of those ocassions that it's not till later you think Doh! why didn't I just say this,or do that

Sophie

Phoebe
11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
What if the clothes were shoplifted and you were caught with the 'hot' clothing? Myself would call the police and wait for them to investigate.

Piora
11-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Yesterday I went to the carwash to vacuum the car. Someone left a shopping bag of clothes on the ledge beside the trash can. The tags were still on them they were brand new and they were just my size (at least the top was) from the tag that was hanging out of the bag. Now one would think that I would be overjoyed at such good fortune, but alas I was with my father so the clothes had to stay behind :( A classic case of having your cake and not being able to eat it. The top was a very lacy lavender material, possibly a cami?? Sigh, I guess I will never know.

Oh, what a drag!! It was like a bad dream.....and you wake up just as you get your hand on the bag.....

But perhaps you could have grabbed them, and if your dad asked, you could say, "They're brand new! Someone threw them out! My mom/sister/neighbour/friend/GF might like these!" At least you would have had a chance of keeping some! :doh:

TGMarla
11-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Even if I had been alone, I'd have turned them in to the car wash office for when the lady who was looking for them in a panic called to see if she'd left them there.

Shananigans
11-07-2011, 08:08 PM
They were by the trash though...isn't it free game? I mean, here in Alabama people put furniture by their trashcan. I guarantee you that chair will be picked up by some redneck before morning! (Pretty sure this is how my SO and his roommates acquired most of their furniture). Putting it by the trashcan here just says, "Any man's treasure."

I agree with Kim. You should have said, "The holidays are coming soon! I'm going to do a good deed for a person in need!"

It's totally the truth...it's just a good deed for yourself (but, everyone needs clothes!)

Tara D. Rose
11-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh My goodness. Oh MY GOODNESS.....OH MY GOODNESS, soinds like my kind of luck. I would have driven him home or dropped him off and said I'll be back in a few minutes. OMgoodness. So sorry you had to leave them behind.

docrobbysherry
11-07-2011, 08:19 PM
An old parable comes to mind: "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions!"

I like Kim's and Piora's replies!

RiverdanceGirl
11-07-2011, 11:13 PM
If there was no one obviously missing them I'd've surreptitiously put the bag in the trunk of my car and considered it a sweet deal. Probably run them through the washing machine to be sure but still, sweet. Better than them going straight to a landfill.

Dixie
11-08-2011, 01:33 AM
All good ideas but I couldn't think of one way of taking them home without looking suspicious lol. The carwash was in another town 29 miles from where I live so going back was not an option. Just wish I would've thought of the goodwill line at the carwash instead of 9 miles from home lol. Oh well the diet that I'm on is working very well and it probably wouldn't have fit for long.

donnalee
11-08-2011, 02:32 AM
Maybe a sister purged them?

PretzelGirl
11-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Probably not a purge with tags on them. If they were sitting next to a trash can, I would suspect someone set them aside while cleaning and forgot to put them back in the car. Likely that person isn't a happy camper right now.

Billie Jean
11-08-2011, 10:38 PM
We are demolishing some old mobile homes and I found a clothing store in one today. I was with a friend and my son in law and couldn't keep anything. I really wanted the plaid skirt and sleveless sweater I found. They were both my size.Billie Jean

Dixie
11-09-2011, 01:43 AM
:daydreaming: Oh I love plaid skirts they are my favorite thing to wear :heehee:

Shananigans
11-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Oh well the diet that I'm on is working very well and it probably wouldn't have fit for long.

Well, if you are broke like me you have to make your transitional clothes just work until you get where you want to be in weight. Dresses are actually the honest to God best weight loss clothes. My jeans and skirts fall off of me. So, if you find some cute dresses for cheap (or find them on the road)...get them.

kimdl93
11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
I agree with Shananigans. Dresses are great when you're losing weight. I've been on a weight loss schedule (w/o 10 pounds of goal) over the past two years, and my dresses cover up a lot of issues. I just bought a cute, faux wrap dress last week and it looks like I have a waist!!!

Tina B.
11-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Tags don't mean it's not trash, my wife just got rid of a lot of stuff that still had tags on them, she put on weight before she got around to wearing them, and then never got down to that size again. Another mans trash is someones treasure, just ask a Cross dresser!lol
Tina B.

Dixie
11-10-2011, 02:18 AM
It's embarrassing for me to admit this but I had gotten all the way up to 278 pounds (I'm 5'9"). In four and a half weeks I've managed to get down to 249. I can hardly wait to reach my goal. Shan the dresses might just be the hot ticket for me, thanks for the advice ;)

Shananigans
11-10-2011, 03:57 AM
It's embarrassing for me to admit this but I had gotten all the way up to 278 pounds (I'm 5'9"). In four and a half weeks I've managed to get down to 249. I can hardly wait to reach my goal. Shan the dresses might just be the hot ticket for me, thanks for the advice ;)

That is so awesome!!! That is nearly 30 pounds in 4.5 weeks. If I were you, I wouldn't be looking on the side of the road for clothes...I'd be treating myself to something special! Whenever I meet a weight loss milestone (usually every 10 pounds), I go out and buy something for myself. I don't eat as a reward...I SHOP as a reward :) Just make sure if you are still losing weight to buy dresses haha...they won't be falling off of you in 2 weeks. Spent 100$ on a pair of skinny jeans to reward myself and they are in severe need of alterations :(