PDA

View Full Version : Can you run

stacycoral
11-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi everyone, last week on halloween when i was out having a great time as Stacy:) I older lady told me you walk very good in your 3" heel, but can you run in them, i look at the lady and said no i just practice walking in them not running, honestly i have tried to run in heels, but i don't do it very good, how about girls how many of you have ran in a pair of pumps. enjoy being a girl :o

Miss Maxine
11-07-2011, 03:54 PM
I can run in some of my more modest, wider heels, but running in stilettos is out of the question. I've found that my boobs are more of a hinderance to my mobility than my shoes are, most of the time. ^_~

kristinacd55
11-07-2011, 03:56 PM
I had problems enough walking last night in the mall, let alone to run! :)

abigailf
11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I can run, dance, crawl, but I've not done it for any distances, which I would like to try. There are several organized one mile runs that out there. I recall Kelly Ripa did it once. There are also some drag queen runs that we probably just missed.

Karren H
11-07-2011, 04:43 PM
The only running I can do is in to my nylons when I take my heels off to try to run.

Chickhe
11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
....ya, but...can the old lady run in heels? I doubt she ever could.

Rianna Humble
11-07-2011, 05:00 PM
I can run in 4 in heels, but not in 5 in - might be down to the size of my foot, but I find an immense difference between 4 and 5 inches

DonnaT
11-07-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDaiCNszl-E (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TpD_GzmqV4)

Piora
11-07-2011, 06:29 PM
The only running I can do is in to my nylons when I take my heels off to try to run.

Ha! Good one Karren!

I've never tried it (hell, walking is difficult enough) .....but I would think that you could do it only if you brought the flat of the front part of your foot down and not the heel first. Sort of like running on tiptoe.... :)

DonniDarkness
11-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Donna thanks for the link that was awesomesauce! Those ladies are booking it!!

-Donni-

ninapuella
11-07-2011, 06:35 PM
I have no need to run, I watch my steps carefully.

Sally24
11-07-2011, 06:53 PM
In my Mary Janes I can run as they have wide heels and are securely strapped at the ankle. You would run right out of pumps as they would flex too much and fall off your foot.

Shananigans
11-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Usually only when I am late to class or a meeting! Running in heels literally is an acquired talent, I think. I'm too leggy and gangly all together (not always the image of grace) so when I first had to run in a pair of heels (I was afraid I was going to be late), I stepped awkwardly in an irregularity in the road and rolled my ankle.

But, this happens even when I'm not running...and, when I'm not wearing heels. I think it's my bony a$$ ankles...I can be standing weirdly and nearly roll an ankle.

I think heels may have actually built up some ankle muscle though. It's been a while since I rolled my ankles. And, I haven't nearly killed myself recently while running in heels.

"Mary"
11-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm with Sally on this. I love Mayjanes because they stay on so well. I just need to find a pair with a lower chunky heel, then maybe I'd consider the "Drag Race" they have in DC.

Badtranny
11-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Well, if you're in San Francisco and in the middle of Market Street when the light turns, you can run. ;-)

Cari
11-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I dont run with scissors either :-)
Never tried it now Im curious

Miss Maxine
11-07-2011, 10:20 PM
I dont run with scissors either :-)
Never tried it now Im curious

Running with scissors is great...until you have a bad trip.

Persephone
11-07-2011, 10:20 PM
One of my FAB friends says "If you can't run in them, don't wear them in L.A."

Probably true in most major cities and maybe even in most small towns.

Hugs,
Persephone.

5150 Girl
11-08-2011, 12:12 AM
I can run in my 4 1/2 in Peggy Bundy heels

Suzette Muguet de Mai
11-08-2011, 12:25 AM
I can run from front of house to bedroom in a few seconds especially if I got visitors. Now stopping or turning the corner is a different question.

joanna marie
11-08-2011, 01:17 AM
My answer would be that I can't run in any type shoe ,my knees are shot

Dixie
11-08-2011, 01:42 AM
Can I run in heels? Nope!

erickka
11-08-2011, 06:29 AM
My, my been there a million times!!!LOL

I can run in some of my more modest, wider heels, but running in stilettos is out of the question. I've found that my boobs are more of a hinderance to my mobility than my shoes are, most of the time. ^_~

I'm with you on this one girlfriend!

suspender
11-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Only ran once in a set of three inch heels...when i was being chased! I managed to outrun the pursuer thanks to a neighbourhood pailing fence, where the heels helped me get over it...the only drawback is I still think ive got the splinters in my bum from the fence!

Vicktoria
11-08-2011, 07:11 AM
In high heeled boots, yes i find that with boots it holds your leg upright, the higher the boot the better :battingeyelashes:

x
vikki

Rianna Humble
11-08-2011, 07:22 AM
I would think that you could do it only if you brought the flat of the front part of your foot down and not the heel first. Sort of like running on tiptoe.... :)

Sort of gives new meaning to being quick on your toes :p but yes, when I run, I put my toes down first.

BillieJoEllen
11-08-2011, 09:51 AM
About a week ago I saw a woman wearing a dress and high heels answer her cell phone while I was out shopping. All of a sudden she took off running to her car. She was running fast and I estimate she ran at least 150 feet. She looked fabulous doing it like it was second nature. I myself could never find heels that fit properly. I did have a very tight pair but I could never walk in them much less run. I'd like to have a pair of well fitting heels so I could at least try some walking/running.

PretzelGirl
11-08-2011, 10:39 AM
I only tried once and that was when I was in my garage and my daughter came home early before she knew. It only took one step before both heels when out sideways and I was trying to run on the sides of the shoes. I won't try again as I don't want to ruin a good pair of heels. :battingeyelashes:

Barbra P
11-08-2011, 10:50 AM
I agree with Sally, it is difficult to run and not have your feet come right out of pumps. The other problem that can arise is that on less expensive shoes the heels aren't always that sturdy; twice I have had a heel break or come completely off and I would hate for that to happen if I were running.

Jilmac
11-08-2011, 10:59 AM
With arthritis I have difficulty running in flats, but yes I have run in heels on occasion but only for short distances.

suchacutie
11-08-2011, 11:49 AM
As long as the heels are secured in some way (I'd just run out of pumps) I've been able to run short distances (then was annoyed at myself for acting like a guy in heels!).

What I think is much harder (and better for practicing in heels) is: Can you tiptop in 5" heels??? :)

tina

Lorna
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM
As a child, long before I tried wearing any women's clothes, it used to amuse me to watch women trying to run. Remember, this was in the late 1940s and early 1950s, so women and girls wore longer dresses or skirts with nylons and were somewhat hampered by the skirts and probably also by their underwear. The typical woman when running tended to run mainly from the knees, rotating the hips and buttocks and putting feet as flat as their heels would allow on the ground.

My attempts at running were confined to heels of just under three inches and quite chunky ones at that. The shoes had a strap over my instep, so would not come off. I could try running only indoors or, after dark, along a garden path. However, even over those short distances I discovered that the only way to run was in that slightly straight-legged, waddling style I had observed all those years ago. It was almost impossible to run in man-style while so dressed. looking at video clips I see plenty of examples of exactly that way of running. Indeed, I notice that almost all those who run in a normal athletic way are wearing flat or nearly flat shoes.

One other observation: normal running usually involves elbows bent at a right angle. Women running in heels keep their arms much straighter.

Robin Lee
11-08-2011, 08:50 PM
I can jump and run in my Mary Jane's.

Best Wishes
Robin Lee

Marleena
11-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi everyone, last week on halloween when i was out having a great time as Stacy:) I older lady told me you walk very good in your 3" heel, but can you run in them, i look at the lady and said no i just practice walking in them not running, honestly i have tried to run in heels, but i don't do it very good, how about girls how many of you have ran in a pair of pumps. enjoy being a girl :o

Can I run in heels? Heck no, I can barely walk in them.:) I have some nice 5" pumps I adore, especially the red ones! *sigh*.

5150 Girl
11-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Of couse, it seems to me that when it comes to heels,,,, "RUNNING" is a realtive term....

marlaNYC
11-12-2011, 12:38 PM
i can run, but i can't hide ;)

stacey.eyes
12-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Not only can it be done, it is done COMPETITIVELY! Check out this link to the annual high-heel race here in D.C.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-buzz/post/fashion-reigns-at-dupont-high-heel-race/2011/10/26/gIQAAN29IM_blog.html

Cynthia Anne
12-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I broke off a four inch heel running in them once! T'wasn't no fun at all! Fell to the ground and said ouch! Got up and limped back home! Hugs!

SarahLynn
12-02-2011, 11:35 PM
It's better we not discuss me running in heels. Yes i can do it. Do i want anyone to see me doing it?? 'ell no. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I mean this is a picture, the likes of which would make King Kong cry. It's so bad even the sidewalk rolls up and the streets roll over to avoid hav'n to witness such a display.

SarahLynn

Dana7
12-03-2011, 12:21 AM
.....but I would think that you could do it only if you brought the flat of the front part of your foot down and not the heel first. Sort of like running on tiptoe.... :)

You're exactly right, Piora, you have to place your weight on the ball of the foot if you want to run in heels. If you put weight on the heel, especially with stilettos, you will likely break the heel or twist your foot.

I danced in stilettos recently at Halloween and it is quite similar to running in heels: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?163024-Halloween-Dancing-and-Out-on-the-Town!&p=2644050&viewfull=1#post2644050

Melody1985
12-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Hmm.. Ive never attempted to run nor would I.. If I had to run, I would do what a lot of GGs do in that case and take them off and run.. Plus if you are running from someone, you can actually use them as weapons if you need to.

On another note, my shoes, due to the size are very hard to come by, and I wouldn't want to ruin them.

Badtranny
12-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I would do what a lot of GGs do in that case and take them off and run..

Really? I have never seen anyone take off their shoes and run across the BART platform to the next train, or run down to the corner to catch a cab, or a bus, or run the next half of the road when the big red hand starts blinking. No, we just pick up the pace. Is it running like we're gonna jump hurdles? No, but it gets the job done. ;-)

Plus if you are running from someone, you can actually use them as weapons if you need to.

This is my favorite quote of the thread, and I think it goes a long way to understanding our CD sisters. The boys like me had a rough time because we didn't think or react like the other guys and I don't think you can find a better example than this. This thread was about running in heels, and how many "men" immediately thought about running FROM someone, or even the possibility of the situation changing so dramatically that you might need a weapon?

Viva la difference!

I'm not picking on you Melody85. I just thought it was a really cute comment. ;-)

JohnH
12-03-2011, 02:23 PM
As long as the heels are no higher than 3 inches, I have no problems running.

Johanna

Melody1985
12-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Badtranny;

You were right to assume that the first thing to come to my mind was running from someone or something.. However, to me, when I see someone in heels moving quickly it's more of a jog and not a sprint. But your right, if going for a cab you would move quickly with heels still on simply because you have no time to take them off and the ground may not be so nice to the feet. With that said, if reaching your destination extremely quickly is of the utmost importance, then hopefully common sense would kick in..

Oh, and thanks for the comment about the heels as weapons thing. I actually visualized the whole thing going down like I was watching a movie lol. Though I am far from violent.. And I take no offense to your post, and I hope this one was not offensive to you.. Later!

Badtranny
12-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Oh, and thanks for the comment about the heels as weapons thing. I actually visualized the whole thing going down like I was watching a movie lol. Though I am far from violent.. And I take no offense to your post, and I hope this one was not offensive to you.. Later!

Not offensive in the least Miss. People like us need thicker skin than that. ;-)