PDA

View Full Version : Hormone Question

nicki
10-20-2005, 01:43 AM
I have a question for those that are taking hormones. I have been on permarin .625 for 6 months at 2 tablets per day. Im very very pleased with the growth which is very noticeable and comng along good and just about a full A cup. With a t shirt or a camy its noticeable. Now to my question.. has anyone had any pain or discomfort in the chest area ? i have expericenced being lil tired at times which is not the norm for me,,,but i understand that does kinda come with it. Im in very good health,, had a complete bood work up before stating and a clean bill of health.
Also i understand the partches are more effective and less health risk due to it bypasses the liver. Anyone made the change to the patch and which one ?

oxoxo nicki

Julie
10-20-2005, 04:35 PM
While you are experiencing breast growth there will be some discomfort. It's perfectly normal. Your doctor should have told you that. As far as being tired, take that up with your doctor.

Although I am no longer transitioning, when I thought it was right for me my doctor told me he has never had a patient who had liver problems from oral HRT. But orals had no effect on me. Yes, my doctor was baffled. Transdermal worked much better and they do bypass the liver. You also need a lower dose as the meds are taken directly into your system rather than through your digestive system. Injectibles are considered the best. A TS friend of mine went from orals to inj. and was amazed at the difference.

Look through the threads here. There's a lot of information and the answers to your questions can be found in them.

katie6819
10-25-2005, 01:06 PM
I have been taking herbals that contain soy isoflavins among other things. I noticed the same tenderness in my nipples. I first noticed an oval under my nipples that was very white or creamy looking and I believe this is the breast bud. It was definitely noticeable when I checked my self in the mirror. My nipples protrude all of the time and are very sensitive to the point of aching now and I have had a change in breast size of almost a full cup. This is a normal process when starting female puberty or when males are taking estrogen hormones (Phyto or not). I am just amazed at how quickly the herbals have started working. Although they claimed a full cup in 30 days, I thought as a male it would take longer...I was wrong. I want to continue until I reach a full B cup, but I am not sure how much longer that will take....I will keep you posted.lol

-Kate

Kate
10-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Although I am no longer transitioning, when I thought it was right for me my doctor told me he has never had a patient who had liver problems from oral HRT. But orals had no effect on me. Yes, my doctor was baffled. Transdermal worked much better and they do bypass the liver. You also need a lower dose as the meds are taken directly into your system rather than through your digestive system. Injectibles are considered the best. A TS friend of mine went from orals to inj. and was amazed at the difference.

Did you (or do you know of someone who has) try taking the oral estrogens sub-lingually (http://www.annelawrence.com/regimens.html)? I have read that that can be a good way to initially bypass the liver, so thought it might have a beneficial effect to do that?

Kate.

Natasha Anne
10-28-2005, 12:21 PM
My endocrinologist always mentions I should take them sublingually if I can stand the taste. I normally do that with the spiro, but the ethinyl I'm on just takes way to long to dissolve.

She didn't say it bypasses the liver, she just mentioned it is likely to be more effective, not sure why.

Kate
10-28-2005, 01:11 PM
She didn't say it bypasses the liver, she just mentioned it is likely to be more effective, not sure why.

I think it is one of those drugs that use entero-hepatic circulation to maintain levels (like the contraceptive pill); ie. it is excreted in the bile but then reconstituted by gut microflora and reabsorbed (which is also why antibiotics stop the pill working by the way!), so it will still go through the liver.

The point with sub-lingual is that it will then not do the "first pass" - all blood from your gut first goes through the liver which causes quite a hit on it, but if the drug goes directly into your blood then it will be more gentle on the liver and you will get a higher initial level in your blood, or that is the theory I think.

Anyway I rather like the taste of oestradiol - it is sort-of sweet. :)

Kate.

Natasha Anne
10-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Anyway I rather like the taste of oestradiol - it is sort-of sweet. :)

Kate.

When I was on Yasmin (30mcg ethinyl) and 10mg Androcur they tasted fine and dissolved relatively quickly, so I took both sublingually.

Now the ethinyl I'm on takes so long to dissolve and tastes so terrible that I just swallow them rather and take the spiro sublingually.