PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Gift

Melissa.Lynn88
11-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Today I am celebrating my 23rd birthday and I got a wonderful gift from my girlfriend. She got me a nice makeup bag so I don't have to have keep all of it in a plastic bag like I have been doing. I know its nothing big, but her getting this for me meant a lot. To me it shows she loves me and accepts this side of me. I feel so lucky to have her. :D

queenie
11-08-2011, 10:08 PM
That's so sweet of her. Congrats and a big Happy Birthday to you!

Dixie
11-09-2011, 01:52 AM
That was very nice and thoughtful of her :). Happy Birthday:love:

Longing2be-Trisha
11-09-2011, 01:57 AM
Melissa what a great gift and what a great girl friend!

Hugs

Marleena
11-09-2011, 01:59 AM
That's awesome Melissa, your GF sounds great! I have a makeup collection started so I know what you're saying.:) Happy birthday!

Renee W
11-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Happy Birthday Melissa!

I had my BD a little over a week ago and all my wife got me was underwear. Good news is that it wasn't guy underwear--I got some real nice bikini panties and some new hose!! WHOO HOOO

Joanna41
11-09-2011, 08:36 AM
That's awesome!

Joanna

Jenniferathome
11-09-2011, 09:17 AM
This proves the point that it's the thought that counts. Happy Birthday

kimdl93
11-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Congratulations on finding a good great GF and getting a really nice gift!

**Sasha**
11-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Its the simple things like that, that put me over the top! My wife bought me a thing of lip gloss the other day, and I thought that was absolutely fantastic. She came home with a bra/skirt set for me today, can't thank her enough!

Cindy M
11-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Happy Birthday. That was so sweet of Her!

JamieG
11-09-2011, 10:02 PM
That's wonderful. Make sure your girlfriend knows how much that means to you, and be sure to repay her with a thoughtful gift in the near future.

If you don't mind sharing, I'd be curious to hear how you came out to her. Was it soon after you starting dating, or did it take a while? I did not come out to my wife until after 4 years dating + ~2 years of marriage. It seems the longer you wait, the harder it is to gain acceptance (in part because you kept a secret for so long), although coming out early certainly does not guarantee acceptance. We've had our ups and downs, but now, 9 years later she if quite supportive.

Marissa333
11-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I know the feeling you are describing, and it's awesome. You have a great girl there, hang on to her!

Melissa.Lynn88
11-10-2011, 09:45 AM
If you don't mind sharing, I'd be curious to hear how you came out to her. Was it soon after you starting dating, or did it take a while? I did not come out to my wife until after 4 years dating + ~2 years of marriage. It seems the longer you wait, the harder it is to gain acceptance (in part because you kept a secret for so long), although coming out early certainly does not guarantee acceptance. We've had our ups and downs, but now, 9 years later she if quite supportive.

Jamie I am happy to hear that your wife supports you. I think it makes it so much easier to accept yourself when those you love and care for the most can accept you for who you are.

To answer your question, I just recently came out to her after dating her for 7 years. Up until then I didn't really feel the need to tell her simply because I had not crossdressed for several years. My thoughts were that I had outgrown it and it would not be an issue. But as many have said before the feelings to dress always seem to come back. So this is all very new to her and I think that makes the gift that much more special because she has been able to support and accept this side of me very quickly.

I know the feeling you are describing, and it's awesome. You have a great girl there, hang on to her!

I know I do. I don't know how I got so lucky to have her come into my life. She is the greatest!

JamieG
11-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Jamie I am happy to hear that your wife supports you. I think it makes it so much easier to accept yourself when those you love and care for the most can accept you for who you are.

To answer your question, I just recently came out to her after dating her for 7 years. Up until then I didn't really feel the need to tell her simply because I had not crossdressed for several years. My thoughts were that I had outgrown it and it would not be an issue. But as many have said before the feelings to dress always seem to come back. So this is all very new to her and I think that makes the gift that much more special because she has been able to support and accept this side of me very quickly.

Thanks, for sharing. One piece of advice: given this is so new to her, be careful to let her control the pace of things. Let her decide how much she wants to participate in your CDing and to what extent. Don't assume that this initial acceptance gives you the green light to go into full-on "pink fog" mode, or you may suffer a backlash. It sounds like the two of you have a great relationship right now, and I wish both of you all the best.

p.s. I agree that gaining my wife's acceptance was a major step in accepting myself: it help me get rid the guilt and shame I had grown up with.

Lux
11-11-2011, 12:51 AM
JamieG, canot agree more with your statement:

p.s. I agree that gaining my wife's acceptance was a major step in accepting myself: it help me get rid the guilt and shame I had grown up with.[/QUOTE]

CallieH
11-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Thanks, for sharing. One piece of advice: given this is so new to her, be careful to let her control the pace of things. Let her decide how much she wants to participate in your CDing and to what extent. Don't assume that this initial acceptance gives you the green light to go into full-on "pink fog" mode, or you may suffer a backlash. It sounds like the two of you have a great relationship right now, and I wish both of you all the best.

p.s. I agree that gaining my wife's acceptance was a major step in accepting myself: it help me get rid the guilt and shame I had grown up with.

Excellent advice here, her acceptance is already a big step for you both. While you enjoy this phase, ensure you are not overstepping the boundaries and things will only get better. Have fun!