PDA

View Full Version : hospitol proceedure and shaving

DeniseNJ
11-09-2011, 01:15 AM
As in another post, come early october I love to shave my legs well I kinda went witha total smooth look all over this time. I am at that age where they have to do a test or screening . it has to do with a probe and your rear quarters. I don't know if they put you out but , I know you have to get into a hospitol gown for the proceedure. Should I stop shaving my legs or not care and shave the morning of the testing so they look and feel great.... delimia here

Dixie
11-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Just shave them. The doctors and nurses aren't going to care one way or the other. It's not going to be that big of a deal to them. I took my mine physical completely shaved and had to endure the dreaded finger probe lol.

AllieSF
11-09-2011, 01:45 AM
I think I know that procedure and do wish you the best of luck. I would not worry about the doctor and his nurse. Just go as yourself and let them deal with it, and I would guess that they have dealt with it many times before.

Longing2be-Trisha
11-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Denise Shave them! Good luck with the test!

Hugs

DanaR
11-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Several years ago I had a garage accident; which required a hospital stay of three days. No one said anything about my shaved legs. My doctor did have a lot of fun telling everyone that she saw, to ask me who painted my toes though. It was weeks before the bandages came of my foot, before I could remove all of the polish. :battingeyelashes:

Shari
11-09-2011, 05:41 AM
You care much more about it than anybody else.
Don't worry so much. Do what comes natural to you.

prettytoes
11-09-2011, 05:50 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Many men shave their legs for a variety of reasons. It not just a crossdresser thing. I am an avid cyclist, and banged up legs are much easier to care for when hairless. enjoy your smoothness!

Several years ago I had a garage accident; which required a hospital stay of three days. No one said anything about my shaved legs. My doctor did have a lot of fun telling everyone that she saw, to ask me who painted my toes though. It was weeks before the bandages came of my foot, before I could remove all of the polish. :battingeyelashes:

Wow, that Dr. open themselves up for a nasty lawsuit. My wife is a nurse, and they have to be very careful about any type of privacy issue. If people see it themselves and ask you...no big deal. If the Dr. is advertising it...big deal! Major policy violation!

wadevikingfan
11-09-2011, 06:30 AM
go ahead and shave your legs...your doctors and nurses are not going to say a word...i had a procedure done and they didn't say a word ...i even had a test in the groin area, and a woman came in and was going to shave that area...then she looked at that area and said, " looks like i don't need to shave that area'..

wendy

PretzelGirl
11-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Whenever you have a procedure, there is more to worry about than your hair. Do what you want to do and save the worrying for the big stuff.

Starr
11-09-2011, 09:00 AM
I shave my body all the time and don't think anything about it. a few years ago I had a problem with a rash on my legs mainly and went to the DR, he was looking at the spots and ask if I shaved my legs. I told him yes and that was the end of it, he first thought maybe that was what was causing the problem but after I told him I had been doing it for years it left him out of ideas and he sent me to a skin DR. It was nothing bad something that happens to a lot of older people and it only took a little cream to take care of it.. and when it jumps up again the cream is there.

Starr

EllieOPKS
11-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Denise don't hesitate to shave your legs. Let me tell you how the procedure will go, been there and I will be there again later this month. You will put on a very fashionable gown that will possibly show about half your calves, rest assured, no one will even look at your calves. You will hop up in a bed and they will give you a blanket. They will wheel you down to the exam room, have you roll on your side. The doc will say hello, the anesthesiologist will say good night and you will wake up right back where you started. No big deal. I have had the same doctor for many years and started shaving down below. During my physical he never batted an eye

Annaliese
11-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Had that done last spring, I shave that morning of like I do every morning. They will give you a sedative and you won't feel a thing the prep is the hardest.

jennifer easton
11-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Denise, Ellie's got it down, this is exactly how it go's you wont see,feel or know a thing until the doc comes in and tells you the results, piece a pie errr ah cake yeah thats it cake!! not to worry, shave'em baby!! Jenni

giuseppina
11-09-2011, 11:59 AM

This is serious business and evidence of professional misconduct. I would complain in writing to the relevant medical regulatory body about the privacy breach with the particulars. In my case it is the College of Physicians and Surgeons of ...

Denise, medical professionals are not supposed to talk about shaved legs, nail polish, or anything else to anyone under pain of disciplinary action from their regulatory body. Go ahead and do as you wish without fear of consequences.

DanaR
11-09-2011, 12:16 PM
This is serious business and evidence of professional misconduct. I would complain in writing to the relevant medical regulatory body about the privacy breach with the particulars. In my case it is the College of Physicians and Surgeons of ...

Denise, medical professionals are not supposed to talk about shaved legs, nail polish, or anything else to anyone under pain of disciplinary action from their regulatory body. Go ahead and do as you wish without fear of consequences.

Wow, I didn't have a problem with what happened, nor do I now. When I was first asked about my nails, my wife told them that our granddaughter painted them and everyone thought that, that was cute. I ended up showing my doctor pictures of me dressed and she was cool with it.

I still like to joke around with people and have a good time. VMMV

Chickhe
11-09-2011, 01:29 PM
...if you go to the hospital with shaved legs and wake up after your procedure with painted toes....you better check if they made any other modifications. ;-) I would go with your freshly shaved legs and just tell the nurse you thought you would help her out by doing it in advance.

Stitch
11-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Don't sweat it, just shave. :)

I went to the hospital the other day and didn't shave. :eek: Lol, I figured if they are gonna be messing my body around the last thing they should be caring about it whether I've shaved. :heehee:

I will mention though, that I was told not to wash in "lotions and potions" before my procedure, so if I wear you I'd shave at least a day in advance rather than the night before. If you wash the night before, no make up or bubbles. :( I ended up having to eat an ice cream in the bath to make up for the fact I couldn't have my bubbles before I went to hospital.

Also, I was told no nail varnish on either fingers or toes. According to the nurse who ran through all my details first they need to see the skin under your nails as its a good indicator of whether your body is working well while your under aesthetic.

DanaR
11-09-2011, 02:03 PM
...if you go to the hospital with shaved legs and wake up after your procedure with painted toes....you better check if they made any other modifications. ;-) I would go with your freshly shaved legs and just tell the nurse you thought you would help her out by doing it in advance.

Hopefully they use a cute color.:battingeyelashes:

carhill2mn
11-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Don't worry. First of all, your legs will be mostly covered; second, the people doing the procedure will not care.

Sophie86
11-09-2011, 04:30 PM
As in another post, come early october I love to shave my legs well I kinda went witha total smooth look all over this time. I am at that age where they have to do a test or screening . it has to do with a probe and your rear quarters. I don't know if they put you out but , I know you have to get into a hospitol gown for the proceedure. Should I stop shaving my legs or not care and shave the morning of the testing so they look and feel great.... delimia here

Been there, done that. Shave them. They don't care. That's going to be the least of your worries. If it goes the way mine did, they won't put you completely under, because they need you to be responsive. You won't remember anything though. Thank goodness. :)

KarenCDFL
11-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Go ahead and shave.

I have had several procedures when someone in the operation room had to shave the area that was being worked on.

All I got from the person that had to do the shaving was a big thanks after telling them I wanted to do it myself.

*Vanessa*
11-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Really Denise they are professionals

They don't give a darn about the outside, as they are looking for colorectal polyps. They don't put you out in fact you can elect not to take any drugs, as I did.

Saying that - I would go for the fresh shave.

Cheryl T
11-09-2011, 05:18 PM

Uh...just had the same procedure done today. They did put me out and it was really nothing.
As for the shaving...well, I'm smooth all over and have been for about 8 years. No one said a thing, nor would they if they are professional at all. Doing otherwise would leave them open to various impropriety accusations which I am certain they would not want.

DeniseNJ
11-09-2011, 05:37 PM
You girls are the greatest, AAMOF I just shaved today with the venus, Oh so smooth and silky. I will probably not elect to have my toes polished cause I don't wanna stir too much attention. So you can stay awake during this if you want to. If is doesn't hurt that much why would they put you asleep???

teri222
11-09-2011, 06:10 PM
I've had it done....shaved that morning...like everyone said, they could care less.
Also last fall I had lipo surgery on my right knee. I shave my legs(well everything)
every couple of days. When the nurse begin to prep me she just smiled and said
I was going to shave you but you are already clean as a whistle. I have been shaving
for about 15 years on a regular bases. By now all my family, friends, and doctors
have seen my smooth bare legs. Go ahead girl, you're fine.

Paulette
11-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Had the same procedure several times and each time I was shaved and not a mention of it by the folks performing the test. I would just remind you to be sure and make sure you do not see both of the doctors hands on your shoulders.

Launa
11-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I have had a couple of operations and I had shaved everything from the ears down the night before except the runway strip. I noticed that nobody looked at all. Most good doctors and nurses are so focused on getting the proceedures done that it doesn't cross their minds. The probably look at you and say hey this guy is clean, showered, shaved etc and doesn't stink like some other people with lots of hair and BO etc...

Rikidee
11-09-2011, 07:44 PM
The people doing the procedure could care less. I would everything good and smooth that morning and not worry about it. I have been there and done that myself. Hugs Riki and good luck I hope all goes well.

*Vanessa*
11-09-2011, 09:26 PM
... If is doesn't hurt that much why would they put you asleep???

It's not that it will hurt, you have to be able to breath through it and relax. Even if you elect not to take the drugs you will be prepped just in case you need a little help.

you'll be fine

Sophie86
11-09-2011, 10:13 PM
You girls are the greatest, AAMOF I just shaved today with the venus, Oh so smooth and silky. I will probably not elect to have my toes polished cause I don't wanna stir too much attention. So you can stay awake during this if you want to. If is doesn't hurt that much why would they put you asleep???

It's weird. It's not the same as if you were having an operation and they had to give you anesthesia. The stuff they give you puts you in a twilight state where you are sort of half-asleep. They can talk to you and tell you to move this way and that, but you won't remember any of it.

This is fortunate, because there are some embarrassing things that happen. My wife was with me while I was waking up, so she got to tell me all about it. I'll just say that in order to get a good view, they have to put air inside you. When they're done, the air has to come back out.... :straightface:

The worst part of the whole thing, though, is the prep the day before. The procedure itself is nothing. You go to sleep, and you wake up. No biggie.

Samantha_Smile
11-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Leave it until the night before and Veet it off, no stubble means you can claim alopecia

Diane Smith
11-10-2011, 01:55 AM
You will wear a gown and they will put a surgical drape over everything except the area of immediate interest. And the doctor will be totally focused on what he sees inside you, not your outside, anyway. You can't shave "up there" and as far as I know, there is no need to!

I thought my polished toenails might arouse some interest, not that I had any intention of cleaning them off, but in my case, they surprised me by letting me leave my socks on throughout the procedure.

- Diane

alice clair
11-10-2011, 08:28 AM
I had a heart attack a few years ago and there was no time to clean off my toenail polish, when i came to in the helicopter during transport the lady and i were talking a little and she whispered in my ear that my toenail polish was better than hers. I said thank you to her and i wasn't embarassed at all. She then told me that one of the nurses had told her and she had to look. It was a nice thing for her to say and it made me feel feminine allover.I was wearing some pretty panties too but no one said anything about that.Have a fem day

Emme
11-10-2011, 08:36 AM
I see things in my office that make shaving look like child's play. I always shave to present a clean appearance. MD's and nurses have seen it all, and consider it is just people living life.