PDA

View Full Version : Life is getting back to normal :)

Rachel Ann
10-20-2005, 05:52 AM
For the first time in over a month, I was able to make time to go to my Tgirl social club again. I wore my new peach top with little cap sleeves with my above-the-knee black jumper and black kitten heels with little ballerina bows on the toes. (Do I hear someone saying that I'm not girly enough? :p)

It was wonderful to see the girls and our den mother GG again after all these weeks. :D I also bought a few things:

A long button-down-the-front denim dress with an empire waistline and short puffy off-the shoulder sleeves

A black slip dress with a pleated skirt beginning at the hipline and extending to just above the knee (I'm sure there's a name for that :P)

A dramatic bronze nightie-or-full-slip, which I am wearing as I type this :)

A couple of bedjacket-or-shortie-robes:
- One pink with gray embroidery at the sides and front
- One purple with lots of floral embroidery and a matching cami

A couple of half-slips
- one beige with a big piece of embroidery in front
- one plain black

(Why oh why can't you find a classic full slip any more? +? Don't women wear them at all?)

Anyway, it was all in all a good night!

Rachel xx

Stephanie Kay
10-20-2005, 06:36 AM
Sounds lovely, Rachel. I've been looking for a full slip with lacey bodice and hem, too. Few and far between. I love slips and am glad to see you do too. Maybe our love of classic slips is due to our classic (and classy!) ages! Have a wonderful day, darling!

Stephanie Brooks
10-20-2005, 06:40 AM
Hi Rachel Ann! Glad things are getting back to normal for you. :D

(Why oh why can't you find a classic full slip any more? +? Don't women wear them at all?)
Post-purge, I've had to resupply myself. I've found some full slips, but none as pretty as those I lost last year.

Walmart sells them, as does Lord and Taylor and at least some of the May Department Stores (in the DC area, that's the Hecht Company). A little hunting should be worthwhile. The days of the wide lacy hemline and lacy bodice are gone for awhile, but full slips *are* out there. Good luck!

Holly
10-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Glad to hear that things are settling down for you. And congratulations on the additions to your wardrobe.

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Good to hear you're settling in. And a little shopping therapy always helps. ;)

Wendy me
10-20-2005, 06:00 PM
oh back to normal cool and shopping way cool .....happy things are settleing in for you...