PDA

View Full Version : Trapped (momentarily)

kimdl93
11-09-2011, 01:18 PM
We're having our pool replastered and with the contractors coming and going today, I've felt obliged to dress largely in drabs. (granted I have a women's VS ribbed knit henly top on, and pantyhose under my women's jeans), but for me it feels like I'm trapped in male mode.

the crew should be done in a couple of hours, so I'm watching the clock.

Anyone else ever feel trapped in their male mode?

LeaP
11-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Anyone else ever feel trapped in their male mode?

Everytime I'm in male dress clothing. Casual less so.

Lea

Karren H
11-09-2011, 01:25 PM
That sucks!!! I'm sure glad I never dressed continuously enough to develop that "trapped" feeling. Sigh....

Veronica Lodge
11-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes.. earlier this year when I did my workplace fantasy football draft at a local pub. I would have really liked to have been dressed the way I wanted. But there was no possible way that was going to happen. I really found being stuck in this bar, wearing dreadful jeans & ball cap, kinda depressing.

Marleena
11-09-2011, 01:31 PM
That sucks Kim, but I know what you mean. I mostly undress? oops.. underdress here myself. There are limitations for some of us.

Anne2345
11-09-2011, 02:33 PM
On the one hand, you're trapped, and that's no good. It is, however, only temporary, but you have my sympathy regardless. On the other hand, you have a pool . . . . Must be nice! :D

As for feeling trapped in male mode - every day. :sad: Plus, I do not have a pool, so it is a double whammy. :facepalm:

Happy dressing after the contractors leave! And enjoy the pool! :)

kimdl93
11-09-2011, 02:36 PM
On the one hand, you're trapped, and that's no good. It is, however, only temporary, but you have my sympathy regardless. On the other hand, you have a pool . . . . Must be nice! :D

As for feeling trapped in male mode - every day. :sad: Plus, I do not have a pool, so it is a double whammy. :facepalm:

Happy dressing after the contractors leave! And enjoy the pool! :)

OK, I admit, I'm spoiled - both by being able to dress most days and by having a pool. At least, let me assure you that a pool owner spends way more time maintaining the pool than she ever spends in the water!

BTW, the pool plasterers are gone and I've escaped the trap!

SusanLCD
11-09-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm with you, today, Kim. I haven't been able to dress and go out since late last month (Oct.)

I had planned to go out en femme today to a few stores and look through the racks for a holiday outfit. My plan included stopping for groceries on the way home this evening. But, my daughter called early today inviting me to a family gathering later today at her home to celebrate another's recent job promotion. While I'm glad for her promotion, it changes my shopping plans. And, I'm aware that my next multiple days are full of other activities. So, next chance won't be for some time.

Yes, I'm spoiled, too. I know that this is childish. I'm just venting the mild frustration.

After all, if I really wanted to go, I could go and accept the consequences. Just like you could have dressed any way you wanted while the pool contractors were there.

Marleena
11-09-2011, 03:42 PM
I must be tired, I said I mostly undress.lol. I meant underdress, edited it.:)

kimdl93
11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
undress was more provocative and more fun!

JanetK
11-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Do I feel trapped when in drab? To the point of depression.

Kim_Bitzflick
11-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Sometimes I feel trapped, but other times I'm OK. I kind of have the swinging pendulum thing.

Tara D. Rose
11-09-2011, 09:44 PM
I do now of late feel very trapped in that aspect, since my wife did the usual 180 deg. about face on her so called acceptance. I haven't become Tara since I returned from SCC third week in September. She has said you can do that anytime you want, but the tension between us seems to never go away, and so I would feel very embarrassed to be Tara in front of her as a result of all the tension. For in that I would feel very vunerable if I were Tara in front of her, then she could really hit me with some words that would tear me apart, so I guess I'm now just really afraid to, but at the same time, it eats me up. At first, last year, I thought she was understanding, but no, she was just curious.

L&R...............Tara

kristinacd55
11-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Yesterday when Verizon came to install, and today when Direct TV came lol

crissie cd
11-09-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm trapped have not been out in years Halloween basically, i would just look in the mirror and wish i had the nerve to go out. with a family it's real rough not enough time in the day. i purged twice and don't want to do that again so i started to buy some nice things. i go through stores with my wife and just wonder how that would look. found a real cute short floral purple have to inquire about it, it's real cute. never tried purple yet.

Robin Lee
11-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Everyday at work. No dresses at work!

Best Wish
Robin Lee

Marissa333
11-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Before I came out to my wife I never felt "trapped", disappointed maybe. After coming out, and I can't dress, I get bitchy, and do feel trapped,

t-girlxsophie
11-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Only recently a situation like that has arisen,one of our boys has been going out with a girl,for some weeks now and she wants to come over and visit him every now and again,so poor old Sophie's gonna have to go into hiding when she's over,who am I to get in the way of young love?.It's only once every cpl weeks and its under the proviso that its a day I'm working nightshift,so were only talking about missing a few hours,Think I'll have to maybe rummage around my clothes for some gear that I can maybe get away with wearing when she's around.

Sophie

Sheila11
11-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Last summer at a a wedding when all the ladies were dressed to the nine's and I was there in drab.

gabimartini
11-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I sometimes feel trapped in a male life.

kimdl93
11-10-2011, 04:25 PM
well, today began with no contractors, no meetings, and a list of errands to run, so I got fully dressed and headed out. Made a stop at the bank, picked up two really cute dresses at Avenue (ok, I admit being a plus size), and a cup of pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. I went home to drop off my new finds and check the water level in the pool - its still filling even now!

I had just walked into the house when the contractor showed up in my driveway. I presume he was making a quick check of his crew's work and the progress towards getting the pool completely filled. However, since I'm not interested in including him on my little secret, I basically hid until he left.

When he left after just a few minutes, I felt yet again escaped that darn trap. I managed to venture out one more time to do some light grocery shopping and pick up stockings at the mall.