PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing has made me more open minded

Melissa.Lynn88
11-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Since I have started to become more comfortable with myself and crossdressing I feel like I have become more accepting of others. Before I use to feel uncomfortable and would make jokes with my friends when I would see a transgendered or gay person. Now however, I find myself getting annoyed when my friends make gay jokes or other hurtful comments about people and will usually say something to them about it.

It makes me sad to know how I use to be with stuff like this and I am very sorry for my behavior before. But I am happy to know that I am now much more accepting and understanding of others and feel like a better person for it.

Jennifer529
11-09-2011, 10:31 PM
I know what you mean Melissa,I have encountered a lot of negative comments
in the workplace whenever anything to do with crossdressing is mentioned.
Why people can't just let others be who they are is beyond me!

AllieSF
11-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Melissa, I think that we all are on a long learning curve of how to live and function in this great world of ours. We do something one day and and then learn the next day or in the future that what we did or how we acted wasn't correct. So, when we get to this life style or identity we are learning all the time. We have those moments when maybe nothing happens and then those phases where it is like we are back in school again getting inundated with new information and ideas. Coming to this website is like going to school for me. I am always picking up new information and ways of looking at some things that are really different from how I used to perceive them. All this is good. Call it enlightenment, learning, self realization or actualization.

AnitaH
11-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Now that I better understand my self and am more accepting of who I am I have found the very same thing. My thoughts on these matters have changed drastically as of late. I find I am developing a real appreciation for the differences in all of us. Its the differences that make life interesting.

AnitaH

Karren H
11-09-2011, 11:35 PM
No..... I really don't thing that crossdressing made me more so but having a gay child did...

Sheila11
11-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Totally more tolerant. I don't ever share in the put down, but I have not come to the defense yet.

kimdl93
11-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Its funny how when a person dislikes themselves how that reflects on their interactions with others. I think that accepting myself as TG has taken some of the emotional pressure off and allowed me to be more tolerant and less judgemental.

Annaliese
11-10-2011, 09:21 AM
In my younger day I was a macho pig would get in fights would would make fun of gay to hide my crossdressing, I did not like my self then because that was not who I was, I did it because I was I was hiding. I am trying to make up for those days, by being open and supportive of all people not just transgendered or gays. I went to safe training on campus last year, now my office is a safe place on campus for GLBTQ community. I will never be able to make up for what I did when I was younger.