PDA

View Full Version : Crossing the line

SallyS
11-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Oh Dear!!!,
It finally happened, I'm now a dress size smaller than my wife!!!!!
I've crossed the line and have to tread very carefully ;)

I'll make sure I pay her twice as many compliments and not mention that she can't fit into MY stuff anymore.

She use to try my new outfits, but thankfully we have slightly different taste, although she has 'pinched' the occasional skirt or top off me.

Anyway be warned NEVER look better than your wife in the same dress:D

The flowers I got her where twice the normal sized bunch, as where the chocolates!

Annaliese
11-10-2011, 08:58 AM
The flowers were a great idea, but the chocolates you trying to get her to gain a dress size.

Karren H
11-10-2011, 09:01 AM
The flowers were a great idea, but the chocolates you trying to get her to gain a dress size.

Yeah... Keep the chocolates for yourself and get her a diet book and a case of slim-fast! Lol

Marleena
11-10-2011, 09:01 AM

Lol.. maybe that's the plan Sally has.:)

I'm so happy for you Sally! I need to lose a few pounds myself.

Jennifer in CO
11-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Oh it does happen, and the results can be dangerous! When my breasts grew past her's, she was miffed to say the least. As my figured changed and what little weight I didn't have to loose slid off (she was a 10 I slipped to an 8) she was miffed. When my hair grew longer than hers, she was miffed. When I worked on a car and didn't break a nail (and all she ever has to do is look at them and they break) she gets miffed. It can/has been/is an interesting moment but always make it fun!

Jenn

catriona36
11-10-2011, 09:05 AM
The flowers I got her where twice the normal sized bunch, as where the chocolates!

well no wonder your a size smaller if you keep doing that. :heehee:

SquirrelGirl
11-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Oh my. How funny. You a bad girl. :heehee:

Carol A
11-10-2011, 09:32 AM
One thing I have learned over all these years dressing in front of my wife NEVER never have breast bigger then her's, she doesn't care how great I look or what I am wearing as long as it's proper and how dolled up I love to get. I got some new forms one time which were a lot bigger then her and all she said that morning was "lose the new tit's>

ReineD
11-10-2011, 12:20 PM

I'm sorry, but your comment strikes me as being somewhat conceited and gloating. There are women of ALL sizes who are beautiful, and also, dress size has nothing to do with personal appeal. The notion that "skinny, or blonde, or flawless skin is better" is a media standard that is constructed to assure profits, targeting women to perpetually buy products in order to look like an unrealistic ideal. You shouldn't buy into this. I've heard many men say they prefer curves to a "bag of bones". :)

http://www.media-awareness.ca/english/issues/stereotyping/women_and_girls/women_beauty.cfm

When my breasts grew past her's, she was miffed to say the least.
Jennifer, if you are or have transitioned, then you should ask your SO to log in here and tell us what precisely she resents about your breast growth. If there is resentment, I suspect it may not be as shallow as the size of your breasts?

all she said that morning was "lose the new tit's>
Carol, your wife's comment may simply be her perception that you are obectifying breasts when you choose to wear the large forms, as opposed to feeling any insecurity over the fact that your silicones are larger than her own breasts?

Karren H
11-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Ha! This is the real truth!! Lol.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/312498_259930917393254_244753448911001_758988_1412 070084_n.jpg

kimdl93
11-10-2011, 01:00 PM
OK, the flowers are nice, but never let your wife find out about your dress size!

suchacutie
11-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Tina and my wife have a mutual admiration society...we each admire the other's parts we wish we had!!! Nothing much else matters :)

Jennifer in CO
11-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Reine,
it was over 30 years ago I transitioned (1979 till 1985) and the resentment was for the most part light hearted. She used to comment that here I wasn't even born a girl and I still grew breasts bigger than hers!

Jenn

Eryn
11-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Anyway be warned NEVER look better than your wife in the same dress

Be very careful with this sort of statement as you are treading on very fragile emotional territory!

My wife and I have different body types and have developed somewhat divergent tastes in clothing. Certain styles look better on me, others look better on her. She admires my height and slimness, I admire her wonderful feminine curves. We share a few things but as I get out more I am enjoying developing my own look. It's not a competition, it's a cooperative endeavour to make both of us look as nice as possible.

Dixie
11-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Karen you always crack me up ;)

ReineD
11-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Reine,
it was over 30 years ago I transitioned (1979 till 1985) and the resentment was for the most part light hearted. She used to comment that here I wasn't even born a girl and I still grew breasts bigger than hers!

Oh, OK. Sorry. :p

I just have read so many threads from members who feel their wives are jealous of them, and to be honest it's a bit of a sticking point for me. We've had lots of threads discussing this, but generally a wife is Not jealous nor does she feel threatened by any aspect of her husband's femme presentation. If she is self-conscious about her own body (again, this is made worse for many women because of the media), it has nothing to do with her husband.

Yes, some women do say, "I'm so jealous of your legs/thin body/hair/thick eyelashes/whatever", but this should not be taken literally, since as you say, it is said in a light hearted manner. Contrary to popular belief, we do accept differences between ourselves and the assets that other women (or CDs) have. :)

The only time we become jealous is over a female whom we feel threatens to take our guy away.

I'm glad that your wife didn't really resent you. I misread your post earlier and I thought you were being serious.

SallyS
11-11-2011, 03:52 AM
I'm sorry, but your comment strikes me as being somewhat conceited and gloating. There are women of ALL sizes who are beautiful, and also, dress size has nothing to do with personal appeal. The notion that "skinny, or blonde, or flawless skin is better" is a media standard that is constructed to assure profits, targeting women to perpetually buy products in order to look like an unrealistic ideal. You shouldn't buy into this. I've heard many men say they prefer curves to a "bag of bones". :)

Alas the problem with the written word, it is sometimes hard to put across light hearted and tongue-in-cheek humour:)

So for the benefit of anyone offended in the slightest.....I think my wife is STUNNER!...and I am a ugly gargoyle compared to her (no offence to Gargoyles;))

I AM a fan of the fuller figure! but I guess you didn't quite see that my comments where in jest....must be my British sense of humour?

ReineD
11-11-2011, 04:06 AM
Well then Sally, my apologies to you too. I guess I do read way too many threads in here. :hugs:

... and I'm sure you're not a gargoyle (no offense to gargoyles). :)

SallyS
11-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Well then Sally, my apologies to you too. I guess I do read way too many threads in here. :hugs:

... and I'm sure you're not a gargoyle (no offense to gargoyles). :)

It's just not in my nature to maliciously offend anyone. I like to think I am extremely open minded and accept that EVERYONE has the right to express themselves (but I guess within the law!).

I like to induce light-hearted debate, but if I'm totally honest a really don't have strong feelings about many things. In my professional life I was always pretty much the mediator. I could often see both sides of the coin, and not being biased helped me sort out many work related disagreements.

I'm a great believer that in a lot of cases BOTH parties can be right, it's just trying to accommodate and compromise.

Very rarely do I post anything other than light hearted observations about my experiences CD'ing. I am neither political or religious, but do understand and appreciate that some people will have a stronger opinion about a subject than others.

NEVER take me seriously:D

I do care about my CD'ing, but finally I have no issues of guilt or shame.....I just enjoy it for what it is....whatever it is????

donnalee
11-11-2011, 04:31 AM
Oh-oh - You have crossed into dangerous territory indeed!
My late SO was jealous(so she said) of my breast size, but it was tongue in cheek. In her later years she had a difficult time keeping weight on; with me it was just the opposite. When we met there was maybe a 20 lb. difference between us; when she passed I weighed twice what she did. She was still a beautiful woman; me, not so much.

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
11-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Oh Dear!!!,
It finally happened, I'm now a dress size smaller than my wife!!!!!
I've crossed the line and have to tread very carefully ;)

I'll make sure I pay her twice as many compliments and not mention that she can't fit into MY stuff anymore.

She use to try my new outfits, but thankfully we have slightly different taste, although she has 'pinched' the occasional skirt or top off me.

I wouldn't have bought the chocolates if I was one size smaller than her. She might just take that the wrong way. Buy her a beautiful necklace, have her get dressed up and you dressed up in your best drab, take her to a nice restaurant where she can chose what she wants, and then take her dancing, preferably where there is soft, romantic music where you can slow dance and continually shower her with compliments that in you eyes she is the most beautiful women in the world. (that means inside and out, especially since she is so accepting.)

Claire Cook
11-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Well, unlike others here I think you are doing the right things -- if she likes chocolates, why not? (In moderation of course). We who have understanding wives are very lucky, and we should treat them as the special people they are!

Anyway, there is no way I'd look better than Sue in one of her dresses, even if I could fit into them.....

ReineD
11-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Very rarely do I post anything other than light hearted observations about my experiences CD'ing. I am neither political or religious, but do understand and appreciate that some people will have a stronger opinion about a subject than others.

NEVER take me seriously:D

I'll try, but unfortunately I'm not very good about remembering who said what months down the line. Chalk it up to the volume of posts I read. But the question remains, how can a person who doesn't know the OP understand that the words are said in jest if the OP doesn't specify this in the post? :)

It's a large forum, and I hope you can see how many of the members here (mostly the GGs, but I imagine some CDs too), might be offended by a comparison between a CD and a GG, if you also don't mention your true feelings?

Alberta_Pat
11-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Well, Sally, the "diplomatic" thing to do in this case is to change your "style" to one Your Lovely bride will NOT wear.