PDA

View Full Version : My fun day yesterday

Leanne2
11-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Since my adult son has had surgery and is home all the time now, I never get any Leanne time. Also, I have been busy on my days off helping a carpenter on our remodeling project. Well, yesterday almost all of the planets aligned which was good for me. First of all, I was off work and the carpenter called to say that he wouldn’t be at our place because of another obligation. My wife was at work and my son’s SO was going to be staying at her parents’ house for a few days. My son usually sleeps late so all I had to do was dress up and get out of the house and the whole day would be mine.
I showered, and then did my hair and makeup. I dressed in my girl jeans, hose and flats. Then over my bra and forms I wore a pretty pink top covered by my brown and golden leaf ( fall ) jacket. For jewelry I went June Cleaver; fake pearl earrings and necklace plus a bracelet, ring, and women’s watch. As I spritzed on some perfume I heard my son walking around hours too soon. Oh no! Then I heard the shower running so I hurried out to the car and got away. Free at last!
On the way to town I called my hairdresser and requested a walk in appointment. She said that would work out; great! So a half hour later I was in the beauty shop getting a cut and roller set. As usual she made me beautiful so I paid her and included a nice tip. Now, what to do? I drove to a town 25 miles away to shop at a VF factory outlet store. After picking out two different pairs of jeans I went to the changing rooms to try them on. They must have had trouble with shoplifting because now a lady attendant writes down how many outfits you have on a dry erase board and then unlocks the door. I tried them both on and then picked one pair to buy. I wrote a check which works because my first name is unisex so I don’t out myself. Plus my DL picture is fem.
Then I left that store and drove to a thrift shop that sells a lot of wedding dresses and formals. I found a black, knee length dress that had a V neckline and a horizontal strap on the back neckline. It was hard to reach to zip it up but I made it. The dress fit perfectly and was only $25. I wore it out of the changing room to ask if the SA would take less. She said $15 and I smiled and said sold. But back in the changing room I couldn’t unzip the dress so I had to have the SA do that.
Next I did some grocery shopping and then drove home on the Interstate. I wanted my son to be gone but he wasn’t so I drove to a quiet location and put my “safe” clothes on. Then I drove home, put my purchases away, and started cooking dinner. When the three of us were eating my wife asked me what I did today. “Not much” I said with a smile and my wife new. My son was clueless. It had been a wonderful day. Leanne

Longing2be-Trisha
11-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Leanne what a Great day you had and what a great fined.

Hugs

PretzelGirl
11-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Sounds like a well deserved break Leanne. I am surprised more places don't count the items going into dressing rooms. It probably is the most common form of shoplifting. But it sounds like it all isn't a big deal as it should be. :thumbsup:

Marleena
11-10-2011, 10:08 PM
It sounds like an awesome day Leanne! Great price on the dress too.