PDA

View Full Version : Dressing down

CallieH
11-11-2011, 01:02 AM
As a newish CD, I have only started experiencing the joys of dressing down as well. For the longest time I had associated CDing with dressing up, feeling and looking hot and glamorous. It's only in recent times I have tried wearing some everyday relaxed clothing too, and I have to say, it feels good! I have always enjoyed women's clothing not only for how it looks but also how it feels.

I'm having a quiet night in with a glass of wine, relaxing and unwinding after a stressful couple of weeks. I've got a short red cami-style top on, comfy little cotton skirt and mule wedges on... anyone else out here who enjoys home and lounge wear too?

bridget thronton
11-11-2011, 01:35 AM
Comfy is good once in a while

docrobbysherry
11-11-2011, 01:51 AM
If I want comfort, nothing is comfier than my drabs. However, I DO like hanging around the house dressed occasionally. Usually after a satisfying CD session.
In an outfit that may include a tite girdle, forms, and THEN a cami or babydoll over that is more my style.

Melissa.Lynn88
11-11-2011, 01:54 AM
The same thing recently happened to me and I completely agree with you. It definitely is a nice change of pace to sometimes wear everyday comfy clothes as opposed to more dressy clothes.

Marleena
11-11-2011, 02:00 AM
Sounds like you are nice and comfy, good for you! I'm the opposite, as mostly underdressing. I need/want some lingerie to relax in. The kids come in at all hours so it's difficult here.

Noortje
11-11-2011, 05:11 AM
Absolutely. However, since dressing time and the clothes budget are limited, there is this strong urge to make every time as "spectacular" as possible, and make every outfit the best outfit ever. I really hate this about myself, but it's hard to stop it. Luckily I gravitate towards "smart casual" styles of dress, so even at the peak I don't look like a drag queen.

Though I do tend to cross the line of good taste along the ****tiness axis sometimes.

Carol A
11-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Well after 45 years of dressing and dressing almost everyday you start feeling like a GG does. A ton of days I dress casual like a skirt and top, now I still put on a little make up and wig. Girls no GG get's dolled up everyday unless they have to work at a job that requires it and what happens when they get home, kick off the heels, shower and get comfortable.

kelsey52
11-11-2011, 07:35 AM
After a long day, nothing feels better than a hot shower and dressing up in nylons and heels with a cute top. sooo relaxing.

Marie-Elise
11-11-2011, 07:45 AM
I like to lounge around in a skirt (of course, above the knees), loose top and maybe flipflops or barefoot. It feels good and there's no pressure. On the other hand, when I can, I will lounge around in stockings, garter belt, lacy panties and lacy bra. It depends on my mood but, when I work from home, it's in the first type of outfit I mentioned here.

Lynn Marie
11-11-2011, 07:47 AM
I pretty much prefer the June Cleaver look of the 50's. A dress, tight fitting on top, with stockings and heels and lingerie underneath to help keep my poor, tired, ad executive husband interested after a long day at the office. Hey, it's all really a fantasy no matter how June slices it!

Claire Cook
11-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Well after 45 years of dressing and dressing almost everyday you start feeling like a GG does. A ton of days I dress casual like a skirt and top, now I still put on a little make up and wig. Girls no GG get's dolled up everyday unless they have to work at a job that requires it and what happens when they get home, kick off the heels, shower and get comfortable.

Carol, this is pretty much where I am. I'm just more comfortable dressing down when I go out (slacks, casual slacks) , unless we're going to dinner in a fancy place. Otherwise, I just want to fit in withother women.

Claire Cook
11-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Oops, I meant slacks and casual tops. More blonde moments....

Tina B.
11-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Another long time dresser that dresses down most days, being closeted, and when I dress it is for the whole day and evening, so there are things to get done, that require dressing in something you can clean house, work in the garage, or what ever, so simple skirts, or pants, casual top and flats many days, wig and make up are optional. Then there are days nylons, wig and make up are the most important part of dressing, depends on the mood, and what I plan to do that day. I really get into the June cleaver mode, when I feel like spending a day in the kitchen cooking!
Tina B.

Michelle 51
11-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Same here I lounge around the house a lot in a skirt and top.I only do the whole bit with makeup etc when I'm in the mood to feel really special but for the most part am happy to lounge and relax.

Jenniferathome
11-11-2011, 09:08 AM
However, since dressing time and the clothes budget are limited, there is this strong urge to make every time as "spectacular" as possible, and make every outfit the best outfit ever.
Noortje, I think you have it right. My wife was saying something similar to me the other day about how all my clothes are "dressy." As a result I started buying more casual skirts and tops and trying to bring down the make up to the minimum. This is probably an area where cross dressers and women differ the most. For women it's a pain to "have to" get dressed up but for cross dressers its a reward.

suzy1
11-11-2011, 09:15 AM
I absolutely agree with you Calvin.
To spend a day mucking about and doing a few jobs. Then an evening in front of the T.V. just wearing some slacks and a top is lovely. I do like to wear some modest heels to make me feel a bit more fem.

SUZY

kimdl93
11-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Another thread noted how SOs are usually anxious to shed their work clothes and put on something comfy, while their CD partner comes home and wants to dress up. I think your approach is a good one - you can be comfortable and en femme at the same time.

Cheryl T
11-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I went that route also. At first I only had outfits that were ultra feminine. Skirts and dresses, sexy lingerie and heels. Over time I found my taste and my style changing, especially after coming out to my wife 8 years ago. Now I find I'm just as comfy in jeans and a top as I am in a skirt and blouse. I don't need to be all dolled up to be me and enjoy expressing my feminine side.
Guess that's just evolution at work.

CallieH
11-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Another thread noted how SOs are usually anxious to shed their work clothes and put on something comfy, while their CD partner comes home and wants to dress up. I think your approach is a good one - you can be comfortable and en femme at the same time.
Kim.. I saw that thread too, and it's so true! Here we are dying to get a chance to play dressup and there are the GGs who can't wait to get home and get comfy!

Absolutely. However, since dressing time and the clothes budget are limited, there is this strong urge to make every time as "spectacular" as possible, and make every outfit the best outfit ever. I really hate this about myself, but it's hard to stop it. Luckily I gravitate towards "smart casual" styles of dress, so even at the peak I don't look like a drag queen.

Though I do tend to cross the line of good taste along the ****tiness axis sometimes.
LOL, where would the fun be otherwise if we didn't play around that line! I do hear you though, with such limited dress up opportunities, there is the temptation to go the whole hog whenever time and space allows it.

Noortje, I think you have it right. My wife was saying something similar to me the other day about how all my clothes are "dressy." As a result I started buying more casual skirts and tops and trying to bring down the make up to the minimum. This is probably an area where cross dressers and women differ the most. For women it's a pain to "have to" get dressed up but for cross dressers its a reward.
Agreed on the reward part! I have been trying to cultivate a couple of different 'looks', and match the outfits and accessories with the look too.

MsJanessa
11-11-2011, 11:30 AM
One of the benefits of dressing down is that we tend to "pass" more often than when we wear high heels, dressy skirts and silk- blouses or a dressy dress, lots of makeup and done up hair---look around you on the street, or grocery store or local shopping mall--most of the women are not done up to the nines but look very casual--however for most of us, it's not as much fun

IamSara
11-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I love "dressing down" I actually feel more like a woman dressed this way instead of dressed up.
Sara

JanetK
11-11-2011, 05:28 PM
I am just as comfy in a pair of capris and a short sleeve t with flats as I am in a dress and 4 inch heels. It is great to dress casual on the weekend for a day shopping or going to the movies. Nothing screams CD more than a dress and 4 inch heels at WalMart at noon on a Saturday.

StevieTV
11-11-2011, 06:15 PM
I used to dress glam style but now dress as a normal girl would. I get home and change into lounge pants and a sweater. When I go out, I tend to blend.

DebbieL
11-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I love to dress up, but I also enjoy dressing down. The great thing about dressing down is that I can wear the same clothes in girl mode or boy mode. Since I have grown my hair out, all I need to do is shave really close and I can get "mam'd" (clerks or waitresses saying thank you mam).

When dressing up, I have to attend to all of the details. This includes make-up, full hair removal in all visible areas, and manicure. To dress up, it takes about 2 hours to get ready. To dress down, I can pass as a girl in about 30 minutes.

When dressing down, people don't look as closely. They see you as an average looking girl, nothing special to look at, and move on to someone more interesting. If I don't look them directly in the eye, the way real women would, then I don't even get noticed.

Cynthia Anne
11-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I agree 100% with you! Unless going out or shopping I dress casual! Little or no makeup I wear at home! I'm always wearing a cotten skirt at home!

Jilmac
11-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Yep, dressing down is what I do best.

cassandra54
11-11-2011, 10:56 PM
i try to dress like any other woman would. so i wear skirts and blouses, dresses, pants and tops. sometimes i just wear a dress with panties and a bra, sometimes a skirt with tights. sometimes a dress with a garter belt, hose and a slip. sometimes a pair of shorts and a tank top. pretty much whatever my fancy strikes me. i think the key phrase here is dressing.