PDA

View Full Version : I love this forum

FurPus63
11-11-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm so glad I found this forum. I've been reading the posts and think it's great. I finally have a place where I can go and maybe make some friends! That's what's so important to me 'cuz I'm so lonely. It's like I've got all this stuff pinned up inside me and now I can share my thoughts and feelings and get some feedback and even some good advice. It's great! A lot of you seem very intelligent and have such an accepting personalities. I really need that. Thank you!

Paulette

Marleena
11-11-2011, 04:37 PM
It's nice to have you here Paulette! I'm new too, and love this place. I've turned into a post wh*re here. So nice to be in a place where you can be accepted as one of the girls! The ladies here are awesome! :)

Suzette Muguet de Mai
11-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Welcome FurPus63, yes I love this place too. You do get the odd negative response but you get that anywhere. Enjoy your time here. Welcome :)

kristinacd55
11-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Welcome Paulette....and enjoy your stay!! :)

Danielle Gee
11-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Great Thread Paulette, I too love this site. I've met some of the most interesting and diverse people here, people I'd never meet in a small Ohio town. You'll also receive some of the best advice for the problems we all face. Glad you joined!

Danielle

Dawn cd
11-11-2011, 06:24 PM
No one should be lonely. Here you can find virtual friends. Let's hope they turn into real friends.

Piora
11-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm so glad I found this forum. I've been reading the posts and think it's great. I finally have a place where I can go and maybe make some friends! That's what's so important to me 'cuz I'm so lonely. It's like I've got all this stuff pinned up inside me and now I can share my thoughts and feelings and get some feedback and even some good advice. It's great! A lot of you seem very intelligent and have such an accepting personalities. I really need that. Thank you!

Paulette

Hi Paulette! The people on the site are very supportive, and it really does feel like being part of a very large family here. As a closeted CD, I really needed to mix with people who were similar to, or just like myself. As I was unable to do it with people in the real world - this site was the next best thing. It's a great place to be, and I'm glad I was able to find it. :hugs:

Cynthia Anne
11-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi and welcome Paulette! This place is filled with good advice and inteligent ladies ready to help! So come on in and have some fun!

Kaz
11-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Hiya... come in and enjoy!

Jennifer H
11-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi Paulette,
I joined the site last month with exactly the same feelings as yours having been locked inside my own world for the last 55 years with no one to share it with. Suddenly I find I have lots of friends with the same tastes and interests as myself and I also have the knowledge that should I need any help or advice then all I have to do is ask and the answer is there.
There is no need to feel lonely any more, also when you have more than 10 posts you can do a lot more within the site itself and really enjoy yourself.

xxx Jenny

Jilmac
11-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the forum Paulette, you'll always be among friends here so anything you want to know, ask away.

Dixie
11-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Welcome Paulette, please enjoy your stay here :)

April_Ligeia
11-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Welcome, Paulette. I just joined too and have already met some really nice, intelligent people. This is a great forum, I've just about given up on my facebook account and go on this one instead.

Marleena
11-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Welcome, Paulette. I just joined too and have already met some really nice, intelligent people. This is a great forum, I've just about given up on my facebook account and go on this one instead.

I have given up on Facebook. I don't have to hide my dressing on here, or worry if somebody will judge me about it.

April_Ligeia
11-11-2011, 11:32 PM
I have a facebook for work and family and one for me, so I can do whatever I want with my 'personal' account.

DebbieL
11-11-2011, 11:34 PM
It is a wonderful forum. After years and years of feeling so alone, having no one to talk to who knows what I'm going through, it's such a wonderful blessing to be able to share with and read the thoughts of others who are struggling with the same issues.

I feel this is an opportunity for me to share and help others through the struggles, and maybe to help them avoid some of the more difficult times that I went through.

It's hard to imagine that only 64 years ago, there were NO accurate books on sex or sexuality. Alfred Kinsey shocked the world when he published his books on male sexuality (1948) and female sexuality (1953) and later the Hite Report (1976). And yet the work of Harry Benjamin (1966) was not widely published and wasn't available in libraries. Even today, it's hard to find the original report. Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association wasn't formed until 1979. It took the Internet and search engines like Google for resources to be available to those who really wanted to look hard for the information.

Today, thanks to publishers like Amazon, more and more books about the transgender experience are now available.

What's really ironic is that while many transgendered men were looking for women who could accept them, there were women looking for men who wanted to be feminized. Now, we are discovering that there are a LOT more transgendered men in the world than originally estimated. At one point, one suggested that 1 in 11,000 men was transgendered. Now it's beginning to look more like one in 1,000. When considering the whole spectrum of transgendered behavior, including all levels of cross-dressing, transgender desires and behaviors, it could be as common as 1 in every 4 men who have the desire to dress at least occasionally.

It may seem like your are alone, but the reality is that we are anything but alone.

Marleena
11-11-2011, 11:36 PM
@ April

Good idea, I only have one, with family, etc on it.