PDA

View Full Version : Men's Cut Better for WOMEN?

Shananigans
11-12-2011, 10:41 PM
I had something happen to me that I figured y'all might get a kick out of since some of you like to think that all GGs are crossdressing 24/7...

I AM NOW!!!! Seriously. I am basically being forced.

So, I have to have a uniform for nursing school that consists of the following items: a navy blue Polo, khakis (that must be pretty loose), brown leather shoes, a brown leather belt, no jewelry, hair pulled back, a fanny pack (yes, you have read that correctly), brown socks, and minimal makeup.

So, it already is rather masculine in and of itself; however, I have to wear a MEN'S Polo. Every woman was specifically told by the dean to order a men's Polo. Her reasoning was that the "women's polo was not cut with a woman in mind."

While wearing this suit, I look kind of like a dude. I feel really awkward about my appearance and just generally hate the way the day is going when I am wearing it.

My girlfriend and I used to go to lunch together between classes (I was in uniform), and I was handed the check by the waiter. You should have seen my face. My friend fell over laughing and said, "Aw, honey...you don't have to buy me lunch!"

My SO came over to my apartment one night after I got in from school and we were supposed to go out to dinner. I was still in my uniform...he had never seen me in this uniform before. I opened the door and he said, "Oh...uhm...wow. That's what you wear to school?" I rolled my eyes and said, "Yes, this is what I have to wear. It's also laundry day. Would you be embarrassed if I wore this to dinner?" He laughed a little and said, "I mean...no...I wouldn't be embarrassed per se...but...you know..." I threw up my hands and said, "Yes, I look butch! I know! I'll just have to wear dirty clothes then!"

So, anyway, now every Monday...I feel like I am crossdressing and I think fondly of y'all. You can say without a doubt that all of the GGs in my nursing class are crossdressing...we are wearing clothes designed for men. And, it makes for a GREAT Monday. :)

Marleena
11-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Another humorous story you provide us with.:)It's kind of like revenge of the crossdressers.lol

Amy Lynn3
11-12-2011, 10:58 PM
That is sooooo funny, as I am still laughing about you getting the check and what your friend said. Thank you for posting this story.
All I can add is just today my gf and I were talking about cloths and why people wear what they do. She said some ladies wear tops that cover their complete chest, because they think only the SO should see what is under the cloths. Maybe that is why your instructor wants you to wear mens tops...she feels only an SO should see your chest and projects her view onto the students. Just my 2 cents.
Love you posting here with us, cross dressing crossdressers, you crossdresser you. hehe

Marissa
11-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Nope..nope..not gonna do it..no way..no way I'm gonna even try to imagine you looking like a dude...ur just too pretty for that to happen :)

But if it has to be, its okay if you CHOOSE to crossdress..we won't hold it against you or think that you will make other dudes jealous because you look more masculine than them..... :) That is too funny..anyway..feel for you and all the other students, thanks for taking it in stride and sharing.

April_Ligeia
11-12-2011, 11:16 PM
What a funny story! I am a nurse, and I swear they just try to embarass nursing students. The uniform I had to wear back in the day looked horrible on men and women. I literally burned it in a fire pit outside when I was done.

Shananigans
11-12-2011, 11:22 PM
What a funny story! I am a nurse, and I swear they just try to embarass nursing students. The uniform I had to wear back in the day looked horrible on men and women. I literally burned it in a fire pit outside when I was done.

Yeah, we have this white little get-up that we have to wear to the hospitals. I didn't think it was for real. I was talking to my friends at lunch and I said, "I think it's stupid that we have to buy that white uniform! It's not like we are ever going to wear it to the hospital!" They looked at me kind of funny and said, "Honey, that's the uniform for clinicals..." I was like, "WHAT?!? I thought it was just for meetings, or nursing rituals, or something! OH MY GOD, WE WEAR IT IN PUBLIC?!?" They laughed and told me that I wasn't in a sorority anymore and there are no uniforms for rituals in nursing school. It kind of looks like what we wore to formal chapter though. It's a little creepy.

And, white? That's just stupid. It's going to look dirty in two seconds. I like it better than the polo and khakis though...at least it's made with my gender in mind.

We also have to tuck in that polo and I feel like I am walking around with a muffin top all day. I thought tucking in a shirt looked nice...it doesn't. I take it all back.

EDIT: Also, I have figured clothes didn't matter that much. However, I can tell you that I have a complex every Monday that someone is going to think that I am a dude. The waiter apparently just thought I was a big ol' lesbian, but he was only half right. And, it was the first time ever that my SO was embarrassed of how I looked. So, now I have this complex and dread of Mondays. All because of stupid khakis, a man's shirt, and shoes that seemed to have no particular gender in mind. So, clothes matter!...I don't like looking manly. One of my friends does kind of dress manly and binds her chest. She may be FTM, but she has never came out with it. She's a lesbian and is pretty masculine, but that's how she has always been. She always gets a kick when she sees me in my uniform because she knows how girlie I can be. She told me I look more comfortable and would be more successful on a horse in that outfit than the other crap she has seen me wear, but she said she couldn't handle my expression or self consciousness. And, when I held the door open for her, she said that she was a one-woman kind of gal and I was barking up the wrong tree. I hate my friends. I really do.

suit
11-12-2011, 11:23 PM
consperacy thery , someones doing a study, and your the guinne 's

Sophie86
11-12-2011, 11:47 PM
I'll bet you're the cutest guy ever. :D

April_Ligeia
11-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Fortunately, it ends, and then you can wear what you want.

Dixie
11-13-2011, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the smile I really needed it tonight. :)

Kate Simmons
11-13-2011, 04:35 AM
Knowing you Hon, I don't think there is any way I would ever consider you looked like a "dude" no matter what you are wearing.;):)

Shelly Preston
11-13-2011, 04:48 AM
This is too funny

I can imagine your expression as your friends tease you about this

On a serious note I am surprised the dean was allowed to tell you to order a man's polo shirt
( maybe he knows it's not cut for women because he is a CD ? )

I cant imagine you ever being mistaken for a man

Debglam
11-13-2011, 04:52 AM
Shan,

You are definitely becoming one of my favorites here! :love:

You mean nursing students don't dress like this:

http://images.costumes.net/hot-nurse-costume-1.jpg

rachellegsep
11-13-2011, 04:54 AM
Don't feel bad someone I know has just retrained after being retrenched, He has just started with a nursing service (who provides the uniform) and was doing inservice training at a retirement home. His uniform is navy blue with white trim at cuffs and neckline. It consists of pants and tunnic scrubs type top. He is very prode of it. What he hasn't realised (his GF and other friends have) is that it is a female top with darts in it for breasts. Obviously they don't have many male nurse staff. No one has the heart to tell him if he was to find out he well probably go ballistic lol.

LeaP
11-13-2011, 06:23 AM
Also, I have figured clothes didn't matter that much. However, I can tell you that I have a complex every Monday that someone is going to think that I am a dude. The waiter apparently just thought I was a big ol' lesbian, but he was only half right. And, it was the first time ever that my SO was embarrassed of how I looked. So, now I have this complex and dread of Mondays. All because of stupid khakis, a man's shirt, and shoes that seemed to have no particular gender in mind. So, clothes matter!

Thanks for the honesty about your reaction. It's an interesting take on CDing, of course, but also a great illustration of how life sometimes hands us interesting perspectives when we least expect them!

Lea

Staci G
11-13-2011, 06:59 AM
I wish a teacher/supervisor/ or anyone in authority had told me to wear something from the womens department, I would have jumped at the chance. Well it is "a mixed up jumbled up world, except for Lola". Good luck in school and enjoy the experience.

steftoday
11-13-2011, 08:28 AM
now, that's just plain wrong.
that's like asking Grace Kelly or Marilyn Monroe to wear Jerry Lewis' clothes. a complete waste of glamour and sophistication.
Shannon - please graduate quickly!

:)

Jonianne
11-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Well, that's what happens when you let all those regular guys in nursing schools! :tongueout

Sometimes Steffi
11-13-2011, 10:11 AM
So funny. All this talk and no pics. I don't believe that you could ever be mistaken for a dude.

So I have some ideas for you to girlify yourself. Wear some of the girly perfume you told me about. Paint your nails. Bright pink. Tie your hair up with a ribbon. Wear a pink watch. Oh, and a girdle or corset to help with the muffin top.

Tina B.
11-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Shan, just tell that supervisor that you re not a crossdresser, and just what does she mean a womens polo was not made with a women in mind, was it a trick to get crossdressers back in the appropriate clothes? Funny what a person will do just to get a very hard job, good luck in school, we need more of our own in the medical field.
Tina B.

stacycoral
11-13-2011, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=Debglam;2655036]Shan,

You are definitely becoming one of my favorites here! :love:

i agree, i see your picture and can't wait to say what you have to say on the subject. I can't not see anyone think you could be a guy to cute for that. good luck in school.

Shananigans
11-13-2011, 12:00 PM
So funny. All this talk and no pics. I don't believe that you could ever be mistaken for a dude.

So I have some ideas for you to girlify yourself. Wear some of the girly perfume you told me about. Paint your nails. Bright pink. Tie your hair up with a ribbon. Wear a pink watch. Oh, and a girdle or corset to help with the muffin top.

You ain't getting pics of me in this!!! HECK NO! I'm killing this polo with fire and pretending it never happened after I get done with school!

Also, we can't paint our nails and they must be kept short :(

Edit: Also, I don't actually have a muffin top. Lost that when I lost 35 pounds! But, if you have ever tucked a shirt in then pulled it loose to look neat...it makes a muffin shape. It looks just awful.

jazmine
11-13-2011, 12:08 PM
...that is funny. I'm with ya Shanan. I don't really want to wear boy clothes either!

Jolene
11-13-2011, 01:29 PM
I have always felt women had the advantage because you can wear most anything you wanted when it came to clothes. After all, you are wearing a uniform. :)

Sarah Doepner
11-13-2011, 01:58 PM
I have to admit I've read my share of Forced Feminization stories and this forced Masculinization is nothing like any of them. Good luck.

JulieK1980
11-13-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm fully convinced nursing school uniforms are designed to humiliate us. I fully look forward to burning mine in 24 days...... lol

Stephenie S
11-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Polo shirts and chinos? This is so strange. I can't imagine it.

When I went to nursing school we wore white. White dress uniform, white hose, and white shoes. And we had to wear our caps in clinical.

I never wore that dress again, and I lost the cap immediately after graduation. I wore scrubs for the majority of my nursing career. Lately I have ditched the scrubs and now I wear "business casual" with a white lab coat. I love it.

S

JenniferR771
11-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Here is sympathetic hug, Shan. Thanks for sharing. If I were sick, I would push my call button quick if you were on my floor. I cannot understand why they would want to dress all their nursing students like FTM's. Is that to help the real FTMs to hide among you?

On the other hand I have read a few forced-feminization stories from years ago where the male nursing students were required to wear cute white dresses and stockings. Those were the days. Sigh.

I really regret that nurses no longer wear cute dresses white stockings and white crepe-soled shoes. I searched thrift stores a long time for my nurse dress. Got a pic or two, but lost the dress in a purge long ago.

I had a friend who was an engineer. MtoF. He(she) had surgery in Bankok and went to nursing school in Michigan; graduated at the top of her class. Was a little disappointed when she found out she had to wear white pants or green scrubs. I am guessing she works in a practice whre the white dresses are permitted by now.

Shananigans
11-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Stephanie, we still have the white dresses for clincals with white shoes and white hose. I feel like a tart in it. I opted for the white top with white pants. I'm not cathing a patient and "going fishing" in a dress. For health assessment lab and for community work, we wear the chinos and polos...we look like Walmart employees.

See, you can't make me happy. I'll just b*tch about everything :)

Can I just wear scrubs?

Stephenie S
11-13-2011, 07:24 PM
...we look like Walmart employees.

OMG, that's SO funny.

Now, when I was in high school (1956) one of my closest GFs went to nursing school. The uniform she had to wear was awesome. A full navy skirt with a light blue and white striped blouse, covered with a white starched pinafore. White garter belt or girdle, white hose, white soft soled shoes, and the most gorgeous navy blue wool cape with a scarlet lining that you ever saw. And of course, a cap. She, and the other nursing students were required to fall out in uniform in front of the building within 10 minutes day or night. She told me that most girls slept in their uniforms because it took so long to get completely dressed.

I would kill for one of those wool capes today (no, not really).

S

Shananigans
11-14-2011, 07:10 PM
...we look like Walmart employees.

OMG, that's SO funny.

Now, when I was in high school (1956) one of my closest GFs went to nursing school. The uniform she had to wear was awesome. A full navy skirt with a light blue and white striped blouse, covered with a white starched pinafore. White garter belt or girdle, white hose, white soft soled shoes, and the most gorgeous navy blue wool cape with a scarlet lining that you ever saw. And of course, a cap. She, and the other nursing students were required to fall out in uniform in front of the building within 10 minutes day or night. She told me that most girls slept in their uniforms because it took so long to get completely dressed.

I would kill for one of those wool capes today (no, not really).

S

Yep! There's an upper part of the nursing building that I am at that looks like a church (it has a gold domed ceiling), but has really old pictures of people hanging on the walls. We joke that this area is haunted and that you can see the old nursing students that killed themselves after a bad Foundations test walking the halls. They totally wore that little get-up that you describe.

I would be down with that outfit. I would mostly prefer scrubs. It could be argued that scrubs are unisex, but women's scrubs are designed for women. They look alright.

I had to wear my hell wardrobe today. I woke up late and I told my SO, "Well, they tell us to wear minimal makeup? How about no makeup? That's pretty minimal." He laughed. During class we had a little side not added that if we were makeup most days, we should do so for our patients.

Apparently I look REALLY HEINOUS in the uniform and no makeup.

We also got a class memo about our white uniforms that we could either get the white dress or the white shirt and pants. The guys in my class joked that they were getting the white dresses. I (jokingly) told them that this was a profession and not some sick way to act out on their naughty nurse fantasies. One of them chimed in and said that the only reason he joined was because we get out own gas masks in anesthesia school. I admitted I did it for the same reasons.

There are no gas masks given for us to wear in anesthesia school, btw. They actually dress exceedingly normal in that half of the building. It's just the rookie RN students that get to dress like a weird combo of Best Buy employees/Pat from SNL.

Kill me.

Anna Lorree
11-14-2011, 07:38 PM
EDIT: Also, I have figured clothes didn't matter that much. However, I can tell you that I have a complex every Monday that someone is going to think that I am a dude.

I had two thoughts from your OP and this reply. One is that now you understand how unsettling it can be to have to dress in a manner society expects instead of the manner you prefer.

...So, clothes matter!...I don't like looking manly.

The second thought is that often, neither do I!!!

You are being ordered to crossdress, society tells me I am not supposed to. It's uncomfortable, isn't it?

Anna

Kaz
11-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Totally with you Shan!

And the surgeons I always met hated to the silly hats and gowns...?

I work in academia... every now and again (well twice a year) I get to gown up, put on a silly hat and get my photo taken with students many times... just to make the point!

I have many photos of me looking very very silly... the good news is that isn't every day... but back to point you are making, I have to dress every day in a way that I hate...

I wear the male uniform. Conform... or else...

prene
01-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Shananigans,

Heck with the way you look. You would look so feminine in a brown paper sack.

I mean see you profile pic that is great.

I am suprised you feel that way.

You are definately one of the gg's here who I want to take out as a guy, but

I would probably want to borrow you dresses to wear for my self.

It would take a lot of forms and tighlacing to match your curves.

Shananigans
01-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Prene, you're a doll. On the last day of our course, I wore false lashes with my uniform and the instructor thought it was funny. I told her I felt kind of mannish in my uniform and it was one of the worst days of the year having to wear the uniform with no makeup one day that I woke up late. She said the eye lash's weren't practical, but she said that it wasn't me that they were talking to when they said to keep our makeup to a minimal. So, it turned out okay and I can do my makeup normally and she showed me some clips online that are small enough to pull the hair out of my face but keep it down. So, I'm a lot happier with the uniform. It's still chinos and loose khakis, but it works. Now, the focus is on getting used to compression hose and ugly white shoes. Luckily, our white uniforms are designed for our appropriate gender and it looks a lot better on me.

But, yeah, my attitude about it is a bit better since I can wear my normal makeup. I used to get real frustrated on Mondays and wonder what the point was in putting on so little makeup. (This is from someone who wears gobs of eyeliner and mascara on a daily basis).

With the new and improved version of how I get ready on Mondays, I'd say I look real feminine from the neck on up haha. I get a lot of my clothes tailored because I am bigger chested and have fuller hips, but a pretty small waist. I'm probably just going to tailor my white uniform and polo so it fits me better. They never said that we couldn't, and it would male the whole thing look SO much better on me.

Niya W
01-02-2012, 01:30 AM
When I took Pharmacy tech classes they told us you can only wear white or black sneakers. They said no acrylics nails or nail polish . No hoop earings. I do my externship and what do I see ? Hoop earings , acrylic nails , Women wearing mules and heels . I never gave up my acrylic nails , all though one lady in my class did .

Niya W
01-02-2012, 01:33 AM
When I took Pharmacy tech classes they told us you can only wear white or black sneakers. They said no acrylics nails or nail polish . No hoop earings. I do my externship and what do I see ? Hoop earings , acrylic nails , Women wearing mules and heels . I never gave up my acrylic nails , all though one lady in my class did .
No what I want to hear is people reaction when Shananigans goes out in her nursing outfit with her SO en femme . Giggles.

Shananigans
01-02-2012, 02:16 AM
No what I want to hear is people reaction when Shananigans goes out in her nursing outfit with her SO en femme . Giggles.

I got rid of my acrylics after years wearing them :(. It was a sad day.

But, yes, I went out as the nurse from Kill Bill (a bit naughtier though) and my SO in the school girl outfit of Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill on Halloween. After 5 minutes on the dance floor, we were plastered together in a display of too much PDA and people were commenting about the lesbians on the dance floor.

Awesome night.

My nursing instructors hopefully will never learn of this...I think we talked about getting rid of the naughty nurse image during orientation.

Cough.

Niya W
01-02-2012, 02:20 AM
I just got through talking with some relatives from harvest, so when I read your post I'm imagining this thick southern accent . I still want to see pics of you in it next to your SO all girled up :)

Shananigans
01-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Also, side note with being forced to "play" or dress as a gender you don't feel comfortable with...

I had to be guy in this skit with my friends. I was nominated as the guy because I'm tall. (Yeah, tall still equals not feminine for some unknown reason...I still maintain that short people are only jealous). I not only made for a really awkward, stereotypical man...but, I also felt entirely awkward playing this role.

It was just supposed to be a dumb little skit, but it made me think a lot about people having to live like that. Just the change in my clothes and the way people treated me felt really awkward and I was happy to be done with it.

Niya W
01-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Well it's the roles we play. Oh by the way I'm 6' tall when I'm in 6" inch heels

Billie Jean
01-02-2012, 02:40 AM
I had something happen to me that I figured y'all might get a kick out of since some of you like to think that all GGs are crossdressing 24/7...

I AM NOW!!!! Seriously. I am basically being forced.

So, I have to have a uniform for nursing school that consists of the following items: a navy blue Polo, khakis (that must be pretty loose), brown leather shoes, a brown leather belt, no jewelry, hair pulled back, a fanny pack (yes, you have read that correctly), brown socks, and minimal makeup.

So, it already is rather masculine in and of itself; however, I have to wear a MEN'S Polo. Every woman was specifically told by the dean to order a men's Polo. Her reasoning was that the "women's polo was not cut with a woman in mind."

While wearing this suit, I look kind of like a dude. I feel really awkward about my appearance and just generally hate the way the day is going when I am wearing it.

My girlfriend and I used to go to lunch together between classes (I was in uniform), and I was handed the check by the waiter. You should have seen my face. My friend fell over laughing and said, "Aw, honey...you don't have to buy me lunch!"

My SO came over to my apartment one night after I got in from school and we were supposed to go out to dinner. I was still in my uniform...he had never seen me in this uniform before. I opened the door and he said, "Oh...uhm...wow. That's what you wear to school?" I rolled my eyes and said, "Yes, this is what I have to wear. It's also laundry day. Would you be embarrassed if I wore this to dinner?" He laughed a little and said, "I mean...no...I wouldn't be embarrassed per se...but...you know..." I threw up my hands and said, "Yes, I look butch! I know! I'll just have to wear dirty clothes then!"

So, anyway, now every Monday...I feel like I am crossdressing and I think fondly of y'all. You can say without a doubt that all of the GGs in my nursing class are crossdressing...we are wearing clothes designed for men. And, it makes for a GREAT Monday. :)I have been wearing scrubs for years which is what the GG nurses wear. It is rather androgynous more than crossdressing. I have worn support pantyhose since my heart surgery. Stay focused and get your degree and welcome to the field. Billie Jean

DonnaT
01-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Maybe wearing something quite elaborately feminine underneath the uniform! That's how some of us get by anyway.

Shananigans
01-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Well it's the roles we play. Oh by the way I'm 6' tall when I'm in 6" inch heels

Haha puhleaze. My SO and I in heels (gotta be no shorter than 4") are like walking giants. You don't know if we are stepping off the runway or about to slam-dunk a basketball.

Anyway, it's a New Year. Hopefully, it's a year of greater acceptance and understanding of people from all walks of life. I often walk into a situation with my mind already made up. I had said quite often on the forum that clothes matter very little and then I had a change of heart. Do I think I went through the trauma that TG people go through? No...but, I do feel like I have a greater appreciation of things (especially, why the feminine clothes are so important to some). So, that's my resolution...just to be more open-minded, accepting, and understanding of all different people (TG and otherwise). I feel like I am already this type of person, but I think I have room for more growth like everyone else.

larry
01-02-2012, 02:53 PM
This is so timely. I just had a nurse come to my house ( I am a caregiver) . She said "you are doing great is there anything I can do for you ?" I asked if she could find me one of those nurse outfits in white with the white stockings. hehehe

Foxglove
01-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Very interesting thread, and nice to get a GG's perspective on this. I've seen a fair few women that I thought were being forced to crossdress--especially cops. I never said anything, of course, because I thought it wouldn't be politically correct. But I've often wondered what they felt about what they had to wear. After all, uniforms can be made such that they look better on a woman. Wouldn't it be possible to have a male cop's uniform and a female cop's uniform?

Beth Mays
01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
you can add UPS to the list as well...

Shananigans
01-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Very interesting thread, and nice to get a GG's perspective on this. I've seen a fair few women that I thought were being forced to crossdress--especially cops. I never said anything, of course, because I thought it wouldn't be politically correct. But I've often wondered what they felt about what they had to wear. After all, uniforms can be made such that they look better on a woman. Wouldn't it be possible to have a male cop's uniform and a female cop's uniform?

It depends really on the person. A lot of my friends don't mind the uniform and just say that it makes their morning go much quicker. (I usually figure out why I'm wearing the night before, so a uniform doesn't save me any time). But, there are quite a lot of girls that hate the uniform too. My pathophysiology professor is a huge girlie girl and always has her nails painted red and is dressed to the nines. She's a fairly older woman, but I swear she is me in 50 years. She saw us all sitting in the hall with our uniforms on and said, "You look like that one boy band...ya know...Mmmm bop." Then, she waltzed away. We looked like Hanson...a group of boys with long hair. When we were auscultating heart sounds, we have to displace our partner's breast tissue to listen to the mitral area and in a famous line I said, "I know that your boob is here somewhere under this Walmart shirt!" I think if the shirts weren't made for men, it would be better. But, our nursing school is ultra conservative, so I think it's just going to be this way the next 2 years. They just gave me another scholarship, so I'm going to stop complaining haha. I'll be happier with scrubs and uniforms that fit right...but, I have a hard enough time with women's clothes fitting right let alone having to wear clothes modeled off a male body. I should post a pic on here (if I had one)...it looks like a little girl wearing her dad's work uniform because the shoulders are big and sag forward and it turns into this blimp of a Polo. To be honest, the men don't look much better in it haha

But, yeah, some like the equality of the uniforms and some people hate them. Some people like the no-fuss that it presents at puts everyone at equalfooting, and some find them heinous.

It probably won't be the first or last uniform I hate.

Rachel Morley
01-02-2012, 08:44 PM
So, clothes matter!...I don't like looking manly. Trust me, I know exactly how you feel !! :)

kimdl93
01-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Well, I guess that based on the experience of being "forced" to CD in men's clothes, you'll agree that women's clothes are so much more fun!

Shananigans
01-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Well, I guess that based on the experience of being "forced" to CD in men's clothes, you'll agree that women's clothes are so much more fun!

It is just kind of a shock to go to such a different state. I've always have been a little "high maintenance"...I don't recognize my nails without polish on them, I always wear gobs of eye makeup, and I don't think I've ever worn clogs a day in my life. So, going to "minimal makeup," no polish, hair slicked back, and somewhat androgynous fashion is more than a little strange. But, as my mom has said, it's time for me to get over it. I see a lot on this forum that women can get away with wearing anything, but I think this is only true if you are a housewife (or, you are self-employed maybe). If you are in a profession, you are expected to look like part of that profession. And, when you spend 12-14 hours in this uniform, it leaves only enough time to fall into your bed clothes when you get home. Luckily, I'm still only looking a mess on Mondays...but, when February rolls around I'll be pulling 12-14 hour days in pretty much an androgynous look. Will I immediately go home, paint my nails, roll my hair and slip into something frilly? No, I'll be going to bed an waiting for the next day to begin.

I know it's probably not people commenting on this thread who aggregate me with how easy GGs have it...how we can "wear what we want" and "get away with anything." But, I see it a lot on this forum.

I tend to consider myself a feminist and surround myself with intellectual people, so I feel like I get pressured from a lot of ends. The feminists I know stand for women having equality, but the way that I choose to dress an behave is sometimes not good enough for them. I'll always be pretty girlie...I'll always be high maintenance...it's how I am and how I choose to be. But, I'm told from them that society makes me think I should look a certain way. Where is my right to look how I want? And, then, if I turn the other way and say that I'm going to be purely intellectual and be judged by only what I say and do, I get burned again. I see on here that GGs don't take the time to look good anymore. It really grinds on my nerves because I feel like telling these people to speak for themselves. I'd say 99% of the GGs I know constantly are obsessed with their looks. In a way, the feminists are right in that it is what society tells us...we "need" to look a certain way. To top it off, you enter a profession and your are assigned to wear what that profession has deemed appropriate to wear. And, I agree with this...my job is to save lives and not look like I am attending a fashion show. But, a part of me is bothered because I still have that pressure building from how I should look, how I want to look, what society says, and what the good strong women say that I desperately want to be accepted by. It isn't a whole lot of fun.

I would tell the CDs that hate on women and say that we have it so easy to take a walk in my shoes...and, I bet they would because they look nice...but, they will find that they sometimes get heavy and blister your feet when you least expect it. Then, maybe they would learn the it isn't always so easy.