PDA

View Full Version : my new Facebook page- please visit.

DinaMature
11-13-2011, 08:27 AM
I mentioned this idea in an earlier post but this morning I've taken the plunge and created a Facebook page.
I do want to extend an open invitation to any members of the forum to stop by and offer a 'friend request'. I'm not sure now how active I'll be able to be on the site but I'm sure I can visit it at least on a daily basis. I do hope to post thoughts and insights via text message and then discuss them with ya'll on a broader scale.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

With this current season, I'm marking three years since I discovered myself and began my new journey in self discovery. One thing I've come to realize for myself- while I might not be pretty or beautiful, I can still be feminine and womanly. With that level of acceptance I'm strengthened and more eager to move forward.

TGMarla
11-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Dina, I appreciate the invitation, and I applaud the initiative you've taken to create a Facebook page for yourself. However, I am very wary of social media when it comes to my crossdressing. These sites have their tentacles into everything, including personal address books and email. One slip up, and suddenly everyone is outed, whether they care about being outed or not. I created an account on MyLife (or something like that) out of curiosity, and one morning I got an email related to that account from some idiot I knew in high school, who I never much liked, and who I'd never have bothered contacting. It read, "WTF happened?", and there was a picture of me, fully crossdressed, in all my beautiful glory. I did not respond, killed the account, and blocked this individual on all my other accounts for anything else I had.

So thank you for the invitation, but please do not be offended if I take a pass at friending you on facebook. There is no slight intended.

arbon
11-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi Dina

There are quite a few girls on here with FB pages and you will probably get some friend request but I did want to suggest some caution (you may already be aware of all this in which case disregard what I am saying!) - if you are not really out to the broader world and don't want to be, be very careful with you profile information and privacy settings. Just having your Education info on there can land your picture on the FB pages of others who have gone to the same school or live in the same town.

DinaMature
11-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Oh I do understand and have all ready taken care of the privacy settings. And I do want to be respectful of the privacy of those I who I connect with there.
IMHO, FB isn't the be-all that some people make of social media but for me it has help maintain contact with a far flung family. I know who is having a baby, generally but we are not so invested that we're trading recipes or making plans for the next reunion, though those possibilities are there. My point is, it's a workable matrix but one can manage the level of involvement.