PDA

View Full Version : Categories

April_Ligeia
11-13-2011, 09:38 AM
With all the posts about who fits into what category as far as transgender, crossdresser, transexual, etc., it is interesting to me that there are no categories defining self expression. Some posters here wear little or neutral makeup, others, like myself, prefer black eyeliner and bold lipstick. Genetic girls present in many different ways according to what feels right to them, and there are no categories based on appearance for them either. It's not that I think there should be, I just think it's interesting that there seems to be so much interest in categorical labels within such a small part of who we are as people.

Cheryl T
11-13-2011, 03:46 PM
I agree completely. The important thing is who someone is, not what someone is.
I could care less if someone is a black/gay/republican/drag queen, so long as that person is a good person. By that I mean living in a way that respects others, treats them with kindness and love, rather than hate and lives a good life as a member of the larger group, that being society.

Too much emphasis spent on labeling and belittling, and too little spent on helping others be all that they can be.

April_Ligeia
11-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Exactly, Cheryl. Unfortunately this thread isn't attracting a whole lot of attention, though lol.

sissystephanie
11-13-2011, 05:41 PM
One reason this thread is not attracting a lot of attention is because it is asking for ANOTHER LABEL!! We who CD don't need any more labels, we just need to be understood. For the most part people don't care who wears what lipstick or eyeliner, etc. That is a personal thing for the particular person. When my late wife was alive she always did my makeup! Now that she is gone, I wear no makeup at all!! Does that make me different? Well yes, I now go out as a man dressed enfemme!!

jillleanne
11-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Isn't it wonderful there is no interest in a thread about labels? Now if we could simply get rid of the rest of them, life would be better.

Julogden
11-13-2011, 06:53 PM
I couldn't agree more, April.:clap:

Carol :hugs:

April_Ligeia
11-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Isn't it wonderful there is no interest in a thread about labels? Now if we could simply get rid of the rest of them, life would be better.

YES it is, that's my point, the arbitrary nature of the things people decide to label. I would love to see a world without judgment!