PDA

View Full Version : I love my wife - and turn on your cell phone

minalost
11-13-2011, 09:10 PM
So, it's been a number of weeks and I really needed to dress up today. I found out at about 4 pm that my youngest son (the one STILL living at home...!) was working late, as in getting off at 4 am Monday morning. My wife worked until 4 pm but was going to visit her ailing mother in the "old flakes home" (her, my wife's that is) name for the place, and wouldn't be home till 7 or 8 pm.

Dilema: I don't like dressing up without warning her. Seams unfair to surprize her as she is only so-so on the acceptance scale.

So I figured I'd call her on her cell phone and give her a heads up. Straight to voice mail. She hadn't turned it on. To be fair, she can't have it on her person at work, so she frequently forgets to turn the darn thing on after work.

So, really feeling the pink fog tonight, do I dress up anyway, or spend the night in frustration? Okay, I'll just get started and caller her. Shaved. Called her - voice mail. Put on mosurizer and then the foundation base. Called her - voice mail. Put on my make up. Called her - voice mail. Got dressed: fem jeans (sorry Karren but it's cold up here in North Dakota!), and a grey turtle neck sweeter. Lots of padding and prosthetics. Cute 3" booties and my wig. Called her - voice mail.

Hmmm. Looks like it's too late to get permission; let's hope for forgiveness.

I ate supper, and played on the computer. She got home at about 7:30 and didn't bat an eye. Was totally cool with it! Even complimented me on my wig!

I love my wife!

Maria in heels
11-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Lynda...its great that she is becoming more accepting....good thing that you tried to call, as it shows that you do care about her feelings

AnitaH
11-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Great that it went so well for you, glad your wife was so accepting. Sometimes you just have to dress up for the occasion.

AnitaH

Cindy M
11-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Great! So where are the pics of you all dolled up? It's great to have an accepting wife!

Longing2be-Trisha
11-13-2011, 09:57 PM
What a great time you had!

Hugs

minalost
11-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Great! So where are the pics of you all dolled up? It's great to have an accepting wife!

Sorry Cindy - didn't have a camara handy.
Maybe next time.

Cindy M
11-13-2011, 10:26 PM
That's ok. I just love seeing pics of our ladies dressed up!

DanaR
11-13-2011, 11:06 PM
How does your wife feel about what happened?

DonnaT
11-14-2011, 01:09 PM
did you leave a message on her voice mail, at least?

Aprilrain
11-14-2011, 01:41 PM
There is this wonderful new invention called "texting" just sayin!

kimdl93
11-14-2011, 01:50 PM
That is progress, Lynda. Let's home for more to come!

minalost
11-14-2011, 08:15 PM
There is this wonderful new invention called "texting" just sayin!

Texting? How do you spell that? Snicker... Still doesn't work if her phone isn't on! Besides, it takes me at least 15 min. to text someone - just easier to call...

minalost
11-14-2011, 08:16 PM
That is progress, Lynda. Let's home for more to come!

Really hope so. My goal is shopping at the Mall of America enfemme.

Cynthia Anne
11-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Some times a girls gotta' do what a girls gotta' do! If all else fails go shopping:D! Hugs!

Tina B.
11-15-2011, 08:49 AM
At times like that I always leave a message on her phone reminding her to turn it on next time, at lest it shows that you tried, not having a smart phone, with a real keyboard, I don't text either, just to much work. Now if people would just quite answering their phone, so it could all go straight to voice mail, Cell phones would be great!
Tina B.