PDA

View Full Version : Trip to San Diego next week

Mikaela
11-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Hiyas, the girlfriend and I are going to San Diego next week. We'll be staying at the Solamar in the Gas Lamp District. I know one day we'll be going to the Animal park in Escondido, but otherwise we've got no plans except she wants to go out with me as Kae at some point.

Aside from going to the mall once, I've not been out aside to TG or TG friendly clubs.

Any recommendations, even if just for drinks or a dinner? We'll be arriving Sunday night and departing Wednesday.

Paula_56
11-16-2011, 07:34 AM
I stayed inthe Gas Lamp district myself and enjoyed evenings efemme just dinning and having a drink, and also all kind sof kool shopping

VickysBFF
11-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi Mikaela: Overall, San Diego is a fairly friendly place for the CD/LBGT community. Pretty much anywhere you want to go you should be ok. There are lots of restaurants and clubs in Hillcrest, which is the LBGT area of town. It's not a far drive from the Gaslamp area. I'd recommend visiting there if you get the chance.
Otherwise, have a great visit. You should be fine anywhere you choose to go out here.

Mikaela
11-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll probably only go out once that way when there, but we want it to be fun

Barbra P
11-16-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm not the club type, so I have not been to the SRO Lounge but some of the girls in my support group go there on a regular basis - LINK (http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-sro-lounge-san-diego). From the Gas Lamp District just take Fifth or Sixth Street north, maybe three miles? Hillcrest is the Gay Mecca for San Diego and I can't imagine any place in Hillcrest not being TG friendly. One of my gf's (Sara Jessica here on the forum) likes to go to P.F. Chang's near Fashion Valley; My Wife and I have only been there once and we thought it was so noisy that we could hardly carry on a conversation, and the food overpriced for what you got - but then we are a couple of old fogies. You might try PM'ing Robin Lee (also a forum member) and ask if she has any suggestions, Robin is out and about all the time.