PDA

View Full Version : You look beautiful...

Sara Jessica
11-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Or so my aunt said to me last night.

See, the thing is, I was in GUY MODE!!!

Granted, I was looking fairly smart with my hair pulled back in a pony and an outfit that was more than business appropriate but had an air of hipster to it, in keeping with the pony but not so much the intent. It's just how I sometimes dress in guy mode.

I was dropping off a fresh turkey for Thanksgiving at my folk's house and my aunt happened to be there. When my mom was out of the room, she made a comment that she loved my long hair. I told her to shush, that mom doesn't like to hear such things because she cannot stand my hair.

Then as I was leaving, my aunt says "you really look beautiful, are you coloring your hair?"

To which I replied "no, it's au natural".

Mom says "it'd look better cut" (making snip-snips with her fingers).

My aunt replies, "no way, I love it!"

The whole thing gave me reason for a lot of pause, especially my aunt's choice of words, but really, it didn't phase me in the least bit. Still makes me think though.

Mom knows of my nature. Did she disclose?

Methinks not. Mom has way too much of that "what would (whoever) think" if word got out.

So I have to arrive at the only other logical conclusion, that I'm leaking way too much femme these days.

But who's complaining? Not me!!!

Marleena
11-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Cute story! I like your attitude Sara.:)

Barbra P
11-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi Sara

I think I would conclude from your Aunts comments that she does, or at least has suspicions, of your “nature”. The comments may have been a way to let you know that she knows or they may have been a way to test your reactions as a way to confirm her suspicions. It is possible that your Mom may have said something inadvertently or your Aunt may have figured thing out on her own. You’ve spent a lot more time out than I have en femme consciously trying to be feminine; yet even I find that I unconsciously project some feminine mannerisms in male-mode. More than once I have found that I have rolled over a bit on say my left hip so I can get my right leg crossed over my left leg more – definitely a feminine trait when sitting and not at all masculine. How about walking? Ever find yourself crossing your right foot over your left, and vice versa, when walking? Looks great when we are in heels, not so much in male shoes.

I guess now you get to wait for the other shoe to drop. From your Aunts comments I would guess that if she does know she will be an ally rather than a foe; personally I’d love to have a supportive aunt in my corner.

Anne2345
11-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Of course, you are beautiful!!! And I agree with you regarding your aunt's choice of words, and the question about whether you are coloring your hair. These are not typical comments or questions a drab fella encounters. So perhaps you are "leaking" too much femme these days. But there is nothing wrong with that, especially in the face of receiving such compliments that you are beautiful! That's a complete win-win!!! :)