PDA

View Full Version : Shopping At The Mall, Looking For Some Gear To Buy. . .

Debglam
11-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Got to spend the whole day out yesterday with my good friend, the lovely Melissa Rose. Shopping, talking, and eating in the lovely berg of Roseville. Other than how normal and how fun it is to be out and about, not much to report but a couple of interesting things.

We are sitting in the crowded food court enjoying our lunch and I make eye contact with a young man across the court for a second. I figure, “OK, he read me” and left it at that. A while later, I look up and he is standing at our table! He nervously blurts out that he is sorry for staring but how pretty we looked, how he has a friend that is FTM and that his girlfriend that he was sitting with suggested he come over and say Hi. We exchanged “Hi” and “Thank you” and he apologizes again and runs off.

Now I’m still a little nervous and my first thought when he started talking was that if all the people sitting around us hadn’t read us, they sure had now! But this was really fleeting. This young man was very polite, very bashful, and clearly being sincere. He sped off before we really could engage him in conversation and that is unfortunate. If by some miracle, anyone knows him pass along that we were flattered and would have been happy to talk to him.

Next memorable incident was in Sephora. I really am a makeup nut and was walking around like a kid in a candy store while Melissa actually bought stuff! I turned a corner and smack into a group of pre-teens. This girl, as only a pre-teen can do, had locked onto me with a laser beam stare and then whispers to her girlfriends. Now I have a daughter this age and a mischievous spirit, so my first inclination was to jump at her and yell “Boo!” :devil: As my wife often suggests, my first inclination may not always be the most appropriate (“Security, we have a situation!”) so I turned to her and gave her a big smile. She smiled back and then the girls left.

Finally, and last but not least, I got my first “Maam!!!!!!!!” Now I am usually with Melissa and it is not uncommon to get “Ladies,” or “Girls” etc. BUT you could stand a mop up next to Melissa (Have ya seen her pictures (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?162843-A-Few-Pictures-From-A-Photo-Session&highlight=)?) and a polite SA would include the mop in the address!

Well I was actually in line by myself and hear “I’ll be with you in a minute – thank you for waiting MAAM(!). So I turn around to see who she is talking to and then it dawns on me that hey, I’m the maam!

Anyway, it was yet another lovely day getting to be me! Thanks again Melissa!
Debby

stacycoral
11-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Debby, i can see you two girls out having a great time, you both pass so easy, glad you had fun, i wish i could have fun you girls have. take care Stacy

Anne2345
11-15-2011, 10:11 AM
As always, Debby, you tell another fantastic story! Thanks for sharing, and allowing me to yet again live vicariously through you . . . . Soon, though, girlfriend. Soon . . . . :)

And btw, you're a "makeup nut?" Really? You? :D

Marleena
11-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Great story Deb! I'm sure the young man was attracted to you, and wanted to break the ice. He sounds shy but wanted to meet you. Sounds like you could have had a cool friend there. Cool on Sephora's too, yeah it was you. Sounds like a great day all around.:)

rachaelsloane
11-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Debby,
Great story and I am so glad Melissa and you had a fun day of shopping. Did you stop into the MAC store? Next is to get you down to SF and meet for dinner.
Rachael

AllieSF
11-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Congratulations Debbie. I really do like the story about the guy who came to your table. I love talking to strangers, but have never really found a brother or sister when out at mainstream venues. Maybe one day. I also second Rachael's invitation to find a reason to come down to SF for a day and/or evening out. I do make it to Sacramento area occasionally so maybe next time I can make that work, Ma'am!

kimdl93
11-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks for sharing the experience with us. I thought all your encounters with other people were really pretty positive, even the tween! Giving her that smile may permanently and positively influence the way she responds to TGs in the future.

Debglam
11-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks all! I'm thinking a Bay Area trip is in the cards! You girls are too much fun! :daydreaming:

@Marleena: I think he was just a nice guy. Just wanted to say hi. He was SOOO nervous though! :o

MAC. MAC was across from Sephora and I felt this unexplainable pull dragging me to the entrance of MAC. Melissa slapped me and it went away. :eek:

rachaelsloane
11-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks all! I'm thinking a Bay Area trip is in the cards! You girls are too much fun! :daydreaming:

MAC. MAC was across from Sephora and I felt this unexplainable pull dragging me to the entrance of MAC. Melissa slapped me and it went away. :eek:

Debby,
You were shopping, there's no slapping allowed while shopping. Like I had said, MAC is addictive, and Melissa has no problem with Starbucks did she?
Rachael

PretzelGirl
11-15-2011, 11:43 PM
so my first inclination was to jump at her and yell “Boo!” :devil:

I am really starting to think that each time I see someone whisper or stare, that I am going to go up to them and start talking. They are probably not the ones that will be trouble and it could be interesting conversation. May even change a few minds.

Sounds like a good time out. Having Melissa along helps to make a nice trip.

Rachel Morley
11-16-2011, 12:30 AM
Hi Deb,

Sounds like you are taking it all in your stride ... it's no surprise to me that you are having pleasant interactions when you are out en femme in public as you do look very pretty, and I'm just saying that cos we're friends, I mean it .. you look very passable. Melissa is doll isn't she? .. not just because she looks so great but because she helps so many other t-girls fulfill their potential. Looking forward to chatting with you at the next Gems event.

Hugs
Rachel

erickka
11-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Wow! No onder you both are regularly addressed as "ladies" or "girls", you are both beautiful! I'll bet that Ma'am just made your day!

Debglam
11-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi Deb,

Sounds like you are taking it all in your stride ... it's no surprise to me that you are having pleasant interactions when you are out en femme in public as you do look very pretty, and I'm just saying that cos we're friends, I mean it .. you look very passable. Melissa is doll isn't she? .. not just because she looks so great but because she helps so many other t-girls fulfill their potential. Looking forward to chatting with you at the next Gems event.

Hugs
Rachel

Hi Rach! All I can say is I love my Gems sisters! Remember that it is your post that brought me here and CD.com that lead me to the Gems. :)

Wow! No onder you both are regularly addressed as "ladies" or "girls", you are both beautiful! I'll bet that Ma'am just made your day!

Erickka, you are being too kind! It sure did make my day! :battingeyelashes:

Melissa Rose
11-18-2011, 12:55 AM
We had a really fun day. It was Debby's first time ever at the Roseville Galleria mall which is quite nice. We started with lunch, shopped for awhile, took a break and had frozen yogurt then shopped some more. A frozen yogurt or ice cream while shopping is a tradition with me. I had some great discount coupons for New York & Company, and with the sale going on, I got $143 worth of clothes for $63. I also got a $140 coat at Macy's for $42. My 20% discount at Sephora was put to good use also. It was a great shopping day made better by the company of a delightful and wonderful friend. By the time we were done shopping, it was rush hour and we did not feel like getting stuck in traffic. There is an excellent Chicago style pizza place near the mall. A stuffed pie takes 45 minutes to arrive so we figure it would be a good way to allow the traffic to die down and get something yummy to eat. After a glass of wine and several massive slices of pizza, it was time to go home and wind down from the fabulous day.

.....I look up and he is standing at our table! He nervously blurts out that he is sorry for staring but how pretty we looked.....
This young man was very polite, very bashful, and clearly being sincere.

The actual story is he walked up and told Debby she looked pretty, not we. My back was to him so he was mesmerized by her dazzling looks and charm. He was nervous and kept apologizing for coming over. We told him several times it was fine and he did not need to apologize. He was like a nervous school boy talking to a cute girl at school for the first time. It was very cute.

MAC was across from Sephora and I felt this unexplainable pull dragging me to the entrance of MAC. Melissa slapped me and it went away.
I'm innocent! No slapping was involved. I knew if I walked into MAC, I would come out $50-100 poorer so I avoided going in. I'm almost a 100% MAC girl so it is my version of kryptonite. I think we both avoided even mentioning MAC so not to tempt each other.

Young women especially teens tend to read you the fastest, but they also tend to be the most accepting and curious. Of course, there is going to be the occasional look or whisper. I have been approached by young GGs a few times while out shopping, and the conversations have always been pleasant and fun. If you appear confident and secure with yourself, they treat you in the corresponding manner. Actually, I have never experienced any problems or issues with anyone while out. Teenage boys are my biggest concern, but they are so focused on the young ladies to even notice me.

Both of us are ready to go again once our budgets take a breather. Shopping with a friend is way better than going alone. Thanks Debby for making it such a great shopping and dining day.