PDA

View Full Version : Jack, Jill and I

Chickhe
11-16-2011, 01:40 AM
I had an interesting afternoon,spent it watching the movie Jack and Jill. Surprisingly, the movie was not a typical Sandler movie, there was actually, not that much excessive humor in it and not too many stereotypical jabs on the TG community. It was 'okay'... not great and not the worst. Sandler did a good acting job and David Spade was very convincing. The one thing I had issue with was the premise that Jill was ugly...although, not a 10, I'm not sure I would agree...this is one theme that a person who CDs can connect with..being read as male or as unattractive...however, Jill did find a mate in the end...so there was hope. The technical details of having Sandler play both characters in the same frame was very good. I didn't go away feeling uplifted or facinated...just satisfied it was half ticket price day.
I didn't want to be outdone by Sandler, so I dressed for the show. I felt I looked pretty decent on the way there and then got hit by wind, so I thought all the nice combing was lost in the hair dept. I was being watched by two guys on the way up the theater steps...I thought for sure they would notice something out of place, but they seemed to be satisfied and directed their attention elsewhere. No positive or negative interactions and the ticket taker acted normal...so all was good. No major discoveries on this outting... on one hand I felt a bit rusty because it took some time to feel inconspicuous and on the other I was ready to interact with anyone (bring it on). There was one thing I avoided though...and that was the 75 school aged kids getting off the long yellow limo at the theater...I doubt the kids would notice me, they were too busy being excited about seeing a movie instead of going to classes, but I'm a bit paranoid of yelling teachers and you never know if you know any of them or the kids.

Leslie Langford
11-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Just curious - were these kids going to see "Jack and Jill" as part of some sort of school-sponsored GLBT awareness initiative or Gay-Straight Alliance club outing? Seems like an odd choice for a school activity otherwise...

Chickhe
11-16-2011, 02:01 AM
No...thankgoodness... in fact, I didn't see any the whole time I was in the theater. Oh, I did wonder if my chances of going unnoticed would be less or someone would talk to me about being dressed, but there were actually only a handful of people watching the same movie as I was.

kimdl93
11-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Not that I'm a big Adam Sandler fan, but I just saw him in the Daily Show pitching a film. I have to admit, I wasn't paying really close attention - but I didn't recognize "Jill".

I've never thought of going to a movie dressed...that will have to be something I add to my bucket list!

Claire Cook
11-16-2011, 03:19 PM
We were in Virginia last weekend and the Post had a review of the movie: (hope the URL works...)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/jack-and-jill-eight-things-you-will-actually-see-for-real-in-adam-sandlers-latest/2011/11/10/gIQAPPWbAN_blog.html

StaceyJane
11-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Adam Sandler isn't playing a TG character. He is playing his sister.

I've gone to the movie several times en femme. The fun really starts when you have to go to the bathroom.

kimdl93
11-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Adam Sandler isn't playing a TG character. He is playing his sister.

I've gone to the movie several times en femme. The fun really starts when you have to go to the bathroom.

So, the film has Adam Sandler presenting as his sister and another TG character! Wow, its gotta be some kinda record!

Karren H
11-16-2011, 04:17 PM
They should have gotten Adam to play J Edgar too. Since he was already dressed up!!

Chickhe
11-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Sandler played his sister, he also dressed in drag to impersonate her in one part of the movie. I was thinking, its too bad they didn't have all the cameos do at least one scene in drag...this would have been a really fun addition to the movie.

The dressing up for me was enjoyable, but, I did have to use the little ladies room...no issues there, except I almost had to run there...tight jeans seem to make the bladder smaller! On the way in to the show, I did a quick pit stop to check my hair and the ticket staff lady was watchng me...no show of concern from her, so I wasn't concerned when I returned later. Besides, anyone else would have seen just a blur as I flew by ;-)

Kim_Bitzflick
11-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Not that I'm a big Adam Sandler fan, but I just saw him in the Daily Show pitching a film. I have to admit, I wasn't paying really close attention - but I didn't recognize "Jill".

I've never thought of going to a movie dressed...that will have to be something I add to my bucket list!

You will love it, I've done it many times.