PDA

View Full Version : Too pretty for a man

Dixie
11-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Yesterday at work the ladies I work with told me I have the prettiest handwriting, much too pretty for a guy. I just laughed and told them it's because I wear a dress on weekends. They laughed at my joke, if only they knew I wasn't joking... Much lol ;)

SusanLCD
11-16-2011, 03:20 AM
Good for you, Dixie, for cracking the closet door open just a little bit.

Laurelanne
11-16-2011, 04:19 AM
Thtas wonderful, and Ive had a few similar situations over the years as well.. sadly most DO accept it as a joke and not serious comment.. But then.. no one can say you hid anything HaHaHa..

Anna Talyn
11-16-2011, 05:39 AM
lol nice one! It's great when the right wit happens at the right time.

Donna June
11-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Something similar with me, Dixie. A woman at work said to me "you are so slim" and I said "I wear a size 6-8 dress" She laughed, if only she knew it was the truth.

Pamela Kay
11-16-2011, 06:27 AM
I was in the office with 5 women one day and I was the only guy there. They commented on being my harum and I started to tell them I was just one of the girls, wish I had now.

Karren H
11-16-2011, 08:22 AM
They were probably thinking the same thing "if he only knew that we know". Lol.

Pamela Kay
11-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks Karren, I often wonder what they would think if they knew I was walking around them in the office all day wearing pink bikini panties.

Cynthia Anne
11-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Cute story! THERE'S NOTHING LIKE BEING TRUTHFUL! Hugs!

kimdl93
11-16-2011, 09:03 AM
That is funny. A former employer made a similar comment about my handwriting. Of course, she only saw a few lines at a time. If I have to write at length, my penmanship deteriorates into chicken scratches!

Jenny Doolittle
11-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi Dixie,

Hopefully one of the girls is intuitive enough to know exactly what you mean.

pantyhoselover
11-16-2011, 12:46 PM
I have had people treat me like a flight attendant sometimes. My macho male side is offended, but secretly I like it.

Dixie
11-16-2011, 06:06 PM
I have been on a diet and I've lost a little over 30 pounds so far. Today one of the ladies asked me how much I wanted to lose. I told her I was aiming for a waist size not an actual weight. She asked what I was going to do then and I said go out and buy a new party dress lol. I am always making comments like that at work so it should come as no surprise to anyone there lol ;)

Audreyanne
11-16-2011, 06:11 PM
It is sad that to the general public the image of a guy in a dress is always good for a laugh.

Piora
11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Yesterday at work the ladies I work with told me I have the prettiest handwriting, much too pretty for a guy. I just laughed and told them it's because I wear a dress on weekends. They laughed at my joke, if only they knew I wasn't joking... Much lol ;)

Something similar with me, Dixie. A woman at work said to me "you are so slim" and I said "I wear a size 6-8 dress" She laughed, if only she knew it was the truth.

It's called "hiding in plain sight" sometimes. Although, occasionally it can backfire, if too many of these little 'kidding-but-actually-truthful" comments can cause some people to wonder just enough about you......

It is sad that to the general public the image of a guy in a dress is always good for a laugh.

Very sad. Of course, I blame TV and the movies. In most sitcoms, a crossdresser is always gay, almost always looks like a guy in a dress, or in movies, they're mostly male hookers, or ridiculous caricatures of crossdressers.

Jill Devine
11-16-2011, 07:01 PM
I've had several people comment on my girly handwriting. One guy went further to joke that I write like a teenage girl. I agreed with him and we both had a good laugh (all in good nature; no malice was intended by him).

Jo-Anne
11-16-2011, 11:29 PM
I often have people tell me that my hand writing is very pretty......or that I write like a girl.......I guess the remarks were made to offend..but, for me , I take it as a compliment..........

Jenny Doolittle
11-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Dixie,

Sounds like you are laying the ground work to be accepted as one of the girls at work. Good for you!