PDA

View Full Version : nail polish

charlene#2
11-16-2011, 04:05 AM
way back when i was a kid about 7or 8,i got hit by a car and was taken to the hospital,it was touch and go for awhile.but it just occured to me the other day that my mother had polished my toe nails and i had been playing with my friends and had forgotten all about it,getting back to the story,it must not have been a big thing for the nurses because they would just say oh thats cute or i like that color.has anyone elses mother polished their nails for them when they were younger?

Tina B.
11-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Mom never did, but I had them polished with a bright red when I was hit in a crosswalk by a car, and was taken to the hospital, the only thing ever said to me about them was from the x ray tech, he just smiled and said nice color, and did his job, I did see a candy stripper pointing me out to another candy stripper, and sort of giggling about it, but then thats kids for you, and since they where on the other side of the room, I didn't feel bothered by it, besides I was in to much pain to really care all that much anyway.
Tina B.

Diane Smith
11-17-2011, 01:58 AM
I wear polished toenails and acrylic fingernails 24/7, and in 2001, I went into the emergency room with what I thought was severe abdominal cramps and ended up staying nine days for open heart surgery. Everybody I came in contact with saw the nails (and my girly tattoos and piercings) and, you know what, I didn't care a bit nor try to hide any of it from anybody. Just staying alive and getting out of there were such exponentially higher priorities that it just didn't make the slightest bit of difference to me. (I've tried, with varying success, to reclaim that same attitude ever since.)

There was one nurse in particular who just loved my painted toes and missed no opportunity to compliment me on them when we were alone together in my room. Cute.

- Diane

beachbum becky
11-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Hi girls My nails are always painted both finger and toe usually red glitter. My favorite is Sally Hansen Red Stilettos #19 can't find it anymore.I had a lady hand me her business card for nail salon the other day said she noticed my nails. Becky