PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Trip to the Fabric Store

Renee W
11-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Last night my wife and I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics so she could pick up some sale items and I could find some more material for my dress patterns. Now, remember, I do not go out en femme yet, so it's just husband and wife. She finished her shopping and helped me look for a while, but she got tired and decided to go sit down over at the pattern catalogs. I took my time and eventually found three that I liked.

I went over to where she was and she was looking at patterns and talking to this other lady. I stood there while they talked, the other lady asking for sewing advice and such. My wife asked if I found anything I liked and I showed her the fabrics. The other lady looked over and asked my wife what SHE was going to make out of them. My wife responded that HE was sewing and the fabrics were for him. Lady asks, "What's he going to make?". Wife responds that I'm going to be making some dresses. The lady says how nice of him to help make clothes for you!

Now, all of you can probably guess what came out of my wife's mouth now, yup, you guessed it. "Oh, they're not for me, they're for him". She just outed me to a complete stranger, which I don't mind because I'll probably never see this lady again. My wife then goes on to explain that I like to crossdress at home and that I enjoy wearing dresses and such. She also tells her that it is more common than most people think, maybe as many as 1 in 10. They go on talking about it more and I am really impressed how much my wife has learned in the past 6 weeks since my she found out about my CDing.

I am truely blessed to have a wife like mine.

Cheryl T
11-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Since my wife is so accepting we kind of do that without thinking from time to time.
We'll be shopping and looking at dresses (me drab) and she'll say something like, "this is similar to the one you have already"...and not in a hushed voice. Or she'll ask if I need more stockings for a certain outfit or the like. At first I was a bit taken aback, but now it's just us talking and I don't really care.

Tara D. Rose
11-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Well Renee, it's good that your wife went with you to the fabric store. You didn't get embarrassed when she outted you like that? Had the two of you talked about ever outting you? But hey I'm gald it was a wonderful experience for you. Let us know of more times of being out and about like that. And wow, she's only known for 6 weeks. How did she learnf of your crossdressing?

L&R................Tara

Renee W
11-16-2011, 10:47 PM
.....You didn't get embarrassed when she outted you like that?

Had the two of you talked about ever outting you? ......

How did she learnf of your crossdressing?

L&R................Tara

Didn't get embarrassed at all, I just remember that I don't know the lady and most likely will never see her again.

The only ground rules we placed on her outing me is that if it is someone we know, then we will discuss it and make the decision together, strangers are fair game.

The wife found out about my CDing when she stumbled across my lingerie collection one day while I was at work. I think she was mostly relieved that they didn't belong to someone else. She has really embraced and supported Renee. We look at clothes catalogs together, we've ordered wigs together and she's taught me to sew so I can make my own dresses and clothes.

sissystephanie
11-16-2011, 10:53 PM
My late wife outed me many times to strangers, but never to friends! That was over an almost 50 years of marriage beofre her death! And she never taught me to sew, because she knew how very bad I was at it!!

docrobbysherry
11-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Jo-Ann's is great! I go about once a month to pick up odds and ends for my varied outfits! To date, no one there has asked me what or who any of the fabric, ribbon, buttons, zippers, etc. r for!

Beverley Sims
11-17-2011, 11:28 AM
For those that do not sew, it is easy.
Go to the fabric store buy some yellow material with polka dots.
Select a piece 18 inches square and fold it twice, cut a triangle out of this with 9" sides and sew two pieces together and turn inside out.
Another piece 20" by 40", fold over twice so as you have a 20 X 10" piece.
Cut another triangle with a flat point at the top and sides.
TurnItInsideOutAndSewItAllTogetherUsingElasticAndS tringTies.
I made my girlfriend a yellow polkadot bikini some years ago using this method.
It was pretty BASIC and she never wore it outside.
I was 17 and had to go to a fabric shop.