PDA

View Full Version : First time going to get make up done at MAC and other adventures

steffanie
11-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Well today (11/10/11) I went to the mall dressed up but not passable in the face (as I do this often). I had some nice Alloy size 1 women's flare jeans (very tight on me) with black sneakers, bra, top and a lime green puffer vest. I guess you could call it a soccer mom style.

First I went and got my eye brows waxed as they were getting a bit bushy. The attendant was Chinese and she was cool about it (as I had asked her to give me a little arch). First time I had had it waxed as I usually get it threaded. Waxing didn't hurt at all.

Then I went and bought some platform pumps. 5" heels with 1" platform. Very sparkly! The attendant who rang my sale up said these are very cute and I agreed with her. Love high heels very much.

And then next I went into Macy's not sure what I wanted to do. I got the courage and went to the MAC cosmetics counter (highly recommended by others) and spoke with the prettiest attendant there (it was a very tough choice as there was only one attendant). My opening line was, "I am not sure what to ask but I am a crossdresser and a lot people have said MAC is good about helping folks with make up" or something to that nature. She was very cool and said did I want to do it now or later on, I said now and she asked me to take a seat. I told her what I was looking for and she got the stuff and did the make up. She walked me through the steps and I realized I was doing some stuff right and some stuff wrong. She mentioned that MAC doesn't judge on anyone and provides help for anyone who asks. We talked about my experience applying make up and she said it usually takes her half a hour to apply her make up. I am sure people were looking but no comments or the like. The attendant called me girl, and girlfriend and more fem-sided words which made me feel good! I could definitely see the difference between what I did and she did. After we finished she got some wipes and took all the make up off. I did buy some products as there were certain things missing from my make up bag. Overall, I would say it was a great experience (highly recommend it) and a good day that I had.

I just wanted to post this experience.

P.S. I had gone to Wal-Mart in the morning and instead of the flare jeans I had wore my super tight skinny jeans and got a nice smile from this black lady in a nice outfit and heels when I first entered which always makes ones day.

Steffi

StaceyJane
11-16-2011, 03:26 PM
What a great experience. I've had my makeup done at Macy's a couple of times and have never had a problem.

Roberta Young
11-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Steffi great post. glad you had the courage to do this. my only question is why did the makeup tech "wipe the makeup off" after all she did? Luv Roberta

steffanie
11-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Steffi great post. glad you had the courage to do this. my only question is why did the makeup tech "wipe the makeup off" after all she did? Luv Roberta

I should have asked her to keep it on. The reason I didn't was because we had tried two different shades on each side to get the correct color. That would not have looked good.
Thanks again.

Steffi