PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing and Weight

Suzy Parker
11-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Something I wrote in another thread about not crossdressing being like a bad diet got me thinking.

As a young crossdresser I was always thinner until freshman in high school and quit dressing and played sports, played sports through sophomore year, hated it, quit, and was 40 pounds heavier than when I started. So, started dressing again and by beginning of junior yeas I was back to original weight. I have gone into denial many times and it seems like every time I gain weight now that I look back on it. After meeting the woman I would marry I totally stopped for a long long time and my weight slowly climbed. It was like 10 years before I finally started dressing again. Whats funny is that these feelings did not resurface until after I had minor surgery and then it was like a the dam on the river broke and I was flooded with the desire to dress again. I read that sometimes anesthesia can cause something called POCD (PostOperative Cognitive Disorder) and that personality changes can be triggered by anesthesia but that a topic for another discussion. Anyway, once I started to dress again I maintained a steady weight till I quit again. Problem is that I was not loosing the weight as I turned to food for comfort so when I started again I was up in weight until I quit again, and so on and so on. I have decided that there will be no more denial, ever, and that I am who I am so damn the torpedos and full steam ahead.

Suzy's Back to Stay and she is going to shed some weight. My goal is to not have to by anything with a "W" after the size on the tag.

Suzy 2

April_Ligeia
11-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Good for you Suzy! I gained weight at the end of my marriage because of the stress of it all and then gained some more when I quit smoking, so now I'm trying to lose some weight as well. I think I also gained weight by suppressing my desire to dress, but now April is also here to stay. I have a closet full of clothes that still fit but will fit better if I lose 20 or so pounds. We can do it!

Suzy Parker
11-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Above All Else
To Thine Own Self Be True

Wise words someone had on their signature

Suzy 2

christina s
11-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Crossdressing definitely had had an impact on my weight . At my biggest i was a 285 pound lineman , now hovering between 240 and 260 and trying to decide if i should bite the bullet and try and cut down to 170 or focusing on lifting weights still .

Pamela Kay
11-17-2011, 12:10 AM
I haven't had the will power to lose weight until I started dressing, now I don't seem to need the snacks and "comfort food" like I did before. I want to lose 30 to 40 pounds or at least enough so that my stomach is flat again.

Jynx
11-17-2011, 12:17 AM
I believe muscle is very heavy, look the wrestler in WWE, they are all over 200 pounds and average 250. Stay away from weight training engage in running or yoga, I'm currently about 130 pounds.

Suzy Parker
11-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Swimming is great for deninition and getting rid of that hard to get rid of flab. Swimming works muscles I didn't even know I had. I used to swim about 10 miles a week back in the day, maybe I will join a club abd start that again. Great no impact exercise.

christina s
11-17-2011, 12:28 AM
I believe muscle is very heavy, look the wrestler in WWE, they are all over 200 pounds and average 250. Stay away from weight training engage in running or yoga, I'm currently about 130 pounds.

This is my biggest road block with crossdressing . I love lifting weights and i love the results i can see in the mirror . But there is a part of that seems to be growing by the day that wants to lose this bulk so i can look decent and maybe even possibly pass, instead looking like a bad stereotype of a crossdresser,

docrobbysherry
11-17-2011, 12:39 AM

Yes, it is, Jynx! Which is why when I became serious about dressing and wanted to lose my spare tires, I stopped excersizing and going to the gym! That, along with careful eating has helped me to gradually lose those unfem bulges AND the sharp, masculine edges on my arms and legs!

KellyJameson
11-17-2011, 12:55 AM
I could not image being healthy if I denied myself the desire to crossdress because I would than be at war with myself instead of at peace and by having that inner peace I'm calmer and live more fully in the moment. I have much less stress in my life and taking care of my body and health is an extension of taking care of myself by crossdressing, the clothes and everything that goes with it are therapeutic and heals the split in me caused by having a feminine mind in a male body whose expression the world tried to destroy. I see so many men who are either hypochondriacs or completely indifferent to their health both of which are extreme expressions that show an absence of trust and love for and of oneself.

The other danger is to not reject your natural design that you were born with balanced against the desire to be beautiful, health first, beauty second always grounded in reality and acceptance of self.

Noemi
11-17-2011, 01:08 AM
I have been slowly losing weight too.
A few purges ago I realized that I am a Cd'er(I am always so serious here, this is still hard for me to accept about myself, so in the future I will get silly as I can be)
Two years ago I was about 200 at 5'10" now I am 170 and plan on losing a bit more(scale read 168 the other day and I was shocked, wow).
I wonder where the train stops for me as I truly feel like a woman everyday and have forever, I just blocked it out in one way or another. There I go serious again sorry.
Well I lost the weight by eliminating flour and sugar and cutting portions way back.
Stop eating bread and pasta etc first, that stuff does nothing for you heath wise anyway. Than cut sugar and fried foods and junk. I have been a vegan for about 8 years and am super healthy so I am a bit extreme. Do what you can to eat living food, your body can not break down molecularly dead stuff, it just sits there in your intestines(yuck)and makes you sick eventually. Fruit salads sprouts raw nuts, dried fruit has living enzymes that will help your body fully digest and yield the greatest amount of real nutrition. This is what your body really craves and will rebuild itself with. Plus you can eat well and still lose or maintain and be healthy.
All to be a girl. I feel like I am in a type of CD'er transition.

erickka
11-17-2011, 06:44 AM
Crossdressing has surely helped me lose a LOT of pounds and KEEP IT OFF. When I was around 200 lbs. at my short height of only 5' 6", the choice of really pretty clothes got really slim. Now at around 140 lbs, the wardrobe market is absolute heaven. I now have a flat belly, add the padding in the right proportions, I actually have an hourglass shape instead of a blob. Now only if I wore a size 10 or under ladie's shoe, I'd have it made! LOL

LeaP
11-17-2011, 07:03 AM
I haven't had the will power to lose weight until I started dressing, now I don't seem to need the snacks and "comfort food" like I did before. I want to lose 30 to 40 pounds or at least enough so that my stomach is flat again.

It does seem to give that extra incentive, doesn't it? My weight has gone up and down over a 60-70 pound range throughout my adult life. I'm very focused on the lifestyle change approach now instead of diet and have dropped 10-15 pounds in the last several months. I will say this, the selection is a LOT better in misses than women's departments! I don't know if I'll get there for a while, but it's a good goal.

Lea

Karren H
11-17-2011, 07:55 AM
For me everything started going down hill about 10 years ago... I weighted 230 had severe head aches. High blood pressure. Couldn't wake up a flight a steps. Then I was diagnosed with a brain tumor.... I knew if I didn't do something I was going to die.... I was a mess. After I started treatment which made me sick... I started eating less. And my son just retired from amateur hockey. I really missed hockey and hadn't played in decades... so I picked up some used equipment and took a couple adult classes and joined a league. I kind started getting obsessed with skating nd exercising and eating better.... As I did the weight started falling off. 2-3 pounds a day... Within 9 months I had lost 50 pounds and my wife made me stop. Lol. I felt fantastic and decided I was never going to get heavy and that unhealthy again... My heart rate at rest is now 42... And I have normal to low BP... Been able to stay within 170 - 180 for almost a decade. And I weigh the same as when I graduated from high school...

Nothing wrong with being heavy but being heavy for me is more of a health issue. Or I relate it to. I see all the old heavy people and they have a hard time getting round and have health issues vs slim old people who don't have as many problems. Getting old is not for the unfit! Or so I'm telling myself....

lauraabdl
11-17-2011, 08:10 AM
I too was faced with a decision about weight at a doctors appointment 5 months ago. He told me me I was close to being Diabetic. I asked what I could do to not be that way and he told me to lose 30 lbs., I enrolled in the MOVE program at the VA and what do you know, I followed what they suggested and now I'm down from 257lbs to my latest weightin at a meer 213 lbs and still looseing slowly as recommended, a lb or so a month, hopeing to be down to 200 by spring. Have had to take in all my clothes and a few shopping trips to get small femme clothes, isn't getting smaller funner when you can get into the better looking outfits, well I think so.

Renee W
11-17-2011, 08:21 AM
I am a firm believer now that our overall health is tied to our sense of well being. In the past 6 weeks:

I have lost 15 pounds
I have gone from a 42 band bra to a 40
My blood pressure is down
I have more energy, no longer feel the need for an after work nap
Feel great after just 6 hours of sleep

Now you ask, what changed 6 weeks ago?

Only one thing changed, my wife discovered that I crossdress and I am completely out to her. She has accepted it, and I am able to enjoy my other self with freedom. I have not changed anything else in my life. Diet is still the same. Exercise (mostly lack of) is still the same. I just get to crossdress with freedom and am now able to completely relax and de-stress.

Claire Cook
11-17-2011, 08:26 AM
My wife is diabetic and has to watch her cholesterol. Now we eat more veggies and salads, cut out the sweet stuff and fizzy pop. I do yoga and pilates (I just love Denise Austin!). I feel great, can wear a size 10. Can't say CD'ing is part of this, but it feels like all of the same package!

kimdl93
11-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Losing weight is a good idea for almost anyone. Its good for your overall health. You'll look and feel better, and as a bonus, your clothes will fit better. Its a Win-Win-Win proposition!

S. Lisa Smith
11-17-2011, 10:46 AM
I weigh about what I weighed when I moved here from Hawaii. I am feeling better and fit my clothes better. I just stopped eating the junk I'd gotten used to eating. I miss eating it, but I love being lighter. I've dropped about 12 pounds.

SusanLCD
11-17-2011, 11:42 AM
My divorce settlement and job lay-off both occurred within a 10 day period last year. That was stressful and I compensated by eating. Over the ensuing 10 months I gained almost 30 pounds. My wardrobe wasn't fitting. Argggghhh!

Now, I'm consciously losing weight and have removed about 12 of those 30 pounds. My loss rate has settled in at about 1 pound a month. I admit that it's trying my patience, though. I want it to drop off faster and to lost quite a bit more than the 30.

The latest reward occurred last Monday evening when I purchased a very pretty LBD for this holiday season at a resale store. I'm down 1 size (16W, but, improving) and I thought it fit "just a little bit snug." I asked the SA if she thought it was too tight. She gushed all over me and swore that it looks "very, very pretty" and the fit is fine.

That dress will keep me on my weight loss program!

Loveday
11-17-2011, 12:17 PM
When I was young I was extremely thin and taken to the doctors for it often. As I got grew and grew - taller and wider. I finally topped out at 260 lbs about 3 years ago. I was able to control my weight down to about 215. Last March I developed some kind of enzyme from diabeties where I cannot handle things with wheat, shortly after I noticed I cannot handle red meat either. I have been learning to eat less and healthier since. I just hit 180 lbs the other day and am very happy, I would like to go down to around 165 lbs to get in line witth my BMI. I recently got my first two dresses and am really happy with them even if they are only cheap ones.
I would just love to get back like when I was young and just never had a care about eating.

EllieOPKS
11-17-2011, 12:35 PM
You ever catch your reflection in a store front window as you are walking? I did about a month ago and did not like what I saw. I am now back in the gym focused on losing 35 to 40 lbs before spring. The biggest challenge I have for working out is an injured knee. I slipped on the ice last winter and tore 2 ligaments in my left knee. It limits the aerobics I can do but I am determined to hit my goal. Will make a much nicer looking Ellie.

Suzy Parker
11-17-2011, 12:42 PM
You might try swimming laps, it is no impact and will really help tone muscles you didn't even know you had.

kelsey52
11-17-2011, 10:21 PM
I do feel much better ladies, I have gone from 255 to 233 in 10 weeks I know and agree what others are saying you feel lighter and you mover faster your legs dont feel so heavy.
Now I do fall off the wagon on weekends but every time I eat junk it makes me very angry and stronger. You have to know I was a buffet burger king, big mac, eat guy so was very hard to change and it hurt like hell however do this and you will be on the road to happiness. Go to youtube and type in RAW FOODS, BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS, GOING RAW. ladies it works.

Kathi Lake
11-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Crossdressing has no bearing on my weight at all. I have gained about 25-30 pounds since my senior year of high school (I weighed 109). My weight has stabilized to between 130 and 140 for the past 20 years or so, it seems. I'm not exactly a gym rat. While I'm not exactly a couch potato, I don't get a lot of exercise either. I run a mile and a half twice a year for my military physical fitness test. Diet? I don't exactly diet, either. I eat a lot, and to say I watch what I eat would be seriously false. :) I love junk food! If I ever get to the point where this odd metabolism ever slows down, I will be in serious trouble. Then again, maybe I'll finally be able to buy men's pants in a store, rather than through mail order.

:)

Kathi

tracy_Trevor
11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
I diet for health reasons not for crossdressing reason and in the first 6 months of this year lost almost 2 stones in weight. This was due to a few reasons. 1 a weekly hike of 5 or 6 miles. 2. walk about town when ever I can - as i do not drive this easy. 3 do not use pre-prepared foods I only cook with fresh veg and real meats. 4 also two weeks of serious gastro problems when about all i was taking in was dilute orange squash and the odd round of toast.

Now every one say T. you are losing weight but i reply that i think i am putting it on.

Asa closet dresser now that i can close the curtains (Drapes) early in the evening I dress more and do find it easier to get in to my dresses and skirts.

Marleena
11-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Suzy, this thread made me run for the scale.:) I was at 170, it now says 180, yikes! I'm going to set my target weight for about 165. I have this sexy, clingy minidress that I just love, but boy does it show every flaw! A waist cincher works great, but i get the spillover on top. I don't mind carrying some extra pounds but my Cding is more serious now and I want to look better in that dress for me. I'll still need the cincher for my waist, but that's a given anyways.

drag n fly
11-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Something I wrote in another thread about not crossdressing being like a bad diet got me thinking.

As a young crossdresser I was always thinner until freshman in high school and quit dressing and played sports, played sports through sophomore year, hated it, quit, and was 40 pounds heavier than when I started. So, started dressing again and by beginning of junior yeas I was back to original weight. I have gone into denial many times and it seems like every time I gain weight now that I look back on it. After meeting the woman I would marry I totally stopped for a long long time and my weight slowly climbed. It was like 10 years before I finally started dressing again. Whats funny is that these feelings did not resurface until after I had minor surgery and then it was like a the dam on the river broke and I was flooded with the desire to dress again. I read that sometimes anesthesia can cause something called POCD (PostOperative Cognitive Disorder) and that personality changes can be triggered by anesthesia but that a topic for another discussion. Anyway, once I started to dress again I maintained a steady weight till I quit again. Problem is that I was not loosing the weight as I turned to food for comfort so when I started again I was up in weight until I quit again, and so on and so on. I have decided that there will be no more denial, ever, and that I am who I am so damn the torpedos and full steam ahead.

Suzy's Back to Stay and she is going to shed some weight. My goal is to not have to by anything with a "W" after the size on the tag.

Suzy 2
W..as in Woman..Hey.that's me! Just bought 4 pairs of slacks...2 sweats and two jeans...all 1W..I'm a fat *******....I really love how they are baggy in the ass and legs...Makes me feel femmy...smooches Jackie

Marleena
11-18-2011, 03:22 PM
I found a weight/height chart for anybody that's interested. I'm 5'9" and would be a large frame for a woman. So it looks like the target I set for myself would be good.

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

drag n fly
11-18-2011, 03:37 PM
For me everything started going down hill about 10 years ago... I weighted 230 had severe head aches. High blood pressure. Couldn't wake up a flight a steps. Then I was diagnosed with a brain tumor.... I knew if I didn't do something I was going to die.... I was a mess. After I started treatment which made me sick... I started eating less. And my son just retired from amateur hockey. I really missed hockey and hadn't played in decades... so I picked up some used equipment and took a couple adult classes and joined a league. I kind started getting obsessed with skating nd exercising and eating better.... As I did the weight started falling off. 2-3 pounds a day... Within 9 months I had lost 50 pounds and my wife made me stop. Lol. I felt fantastic and decided I was never going to get heavy and that unhealthy again... My heart rate at rest is now 42... And I have normal to low BP... Been able to stay within 170 - 180 for almost a decade. And I weigh the same as when I graduated from high school...

Nothing wrong with being heavy but being heavy for me is more of a health issue. Or I relate it to. I see all the old heavy people and they have a hard time getting round and have health issues vs slim old people who don't have as many problems. Getting old is not for the unfit! Or so I'm telling myself....

You look great, Karren...You look very trim..How tall are you? 6 foot? I just went to the dermatologist yesterday and weighed in at 193...down from 205 about 6 months ago..But still way over what I should weight (160-170)..I'm 5 foot 9 and a half..But otherwise healthy...smooches Jackie

drag n fly
11-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I found a weight/height chart for anybody that's interested. I'm 5'9" and would be a large frame for a woman. So it looks like the target I set for myself would be good.

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm I was looking at this chart, Marleena...Hehe If they had an XXL frame, I'd probably be just right...
smooches Jackie

Suzy Parker
11-18-2011, 03:54 PM
I am way past large frame more like whale boned.

GeorgiaHall
11-18-2011, 04:11 PM
I am fortunate to not have a big frame, have relatively small hands and feet. I was always a small build through school although I did not dress back then. Of course I had a few dressing incidents at a very young age (somewhere my mom has a pic of me in her heels and several necklaces), but I digress...

Anyway, back in high school I was trying to in fact gain weight and maxed out at 135 (5'7") on a good day.... All through my Navy days I was very active and peaked at 140 and could even wear some of my old high school clothes 10 years later. After a few marriages and a little less activity that came with increased rank, I made it up to 160, but since retiring, I am up to 185 and desperately trying to get rid of this gut and get back to 155-160 with a flat stomach. Like others, my blood pressure and resting heart rate are up and I need to get that back down to a more manageable level.

It is encouraging to see others working on he same struggles and having success. You gals are my inspiration!

StarrOfDelite
11-19-2011, 01:25 PM

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Thanks for the link. I liked the elbow measurement so that users had a point of reference as to what size frame they had.

Stephanie47
11-19-2011, 02:57 PM
I also thank you for the link to the body frame. I always thought the BMI calculators were a little off. This year the VA medical facility I go to told me I fall into the diabetic range where exercise and diet can control the diabetes for now. When it was suggested I should lose some weight (214), I stopped eating junk food and stopped foraging. A long time ago I read the back of the soda and beer cans which told me I was consuming 150 plus of calories per can which would add ten pounds a year based on a can per day. I stopped soda and beer cold turkey. Eating better and less has resulted in a weight loss to 195 since this July without adding exercise other than walking. My goal is 175 which would be my military discharge weight forty years ago.

Since I have friends and acquaintances with diabetes with severe effects, I can see the end stages of a person who neglects and abuses their body. The plus side is also a nicer selection of clothing at smaller sizes.

I know I've mentioned it before on in this forum. If any of you served in Viet Nam you need to get a physical with the Agent Orange screening program or check in with your personal doctor. I have Nam friends who would be diabetic anyway based on family history and body type, etc. However, I also know people who have no family history of diabetes and are physically fit and do not abuse their bodies, who are diabetic. Agent Orange toxins apparently effect the pancreas' function. I did not realize many of the symptoms of diabetes can be mistaken for other illnesses. Researching my medical history and symptoms I was pre diabetic since the early 1990's. That is a long time for not being aware of a medical condition. And, if you do some research or consult the medical community the glucose readings for pre-diabetes and diabetes are constantly being lowered.
A fasting glucose reading of 126 and above is now considered diabetic. Before I started dieting and eating a proper diet my fasting readings were in the 135-140 range. Now they are in the 115-125 range.

This may be too much info for this thread, but, I only mention it because so many people do not know they are diabetic. Also, how the heck am I going to wear high heels if I do not have any feet????

jenniferoonus
11-20-2011, 03:40 PM
I am 5 ft, 105 lbs, 27in waist, wear cloth size 0 or 00
As a man: men laugh at you, women look down on you!
As a lady: nice body, men look at you, women envy you!
Which gender would you choose? For me, the choice is obvious, that's why I am Jennifer most of the time. I feel awful when I am not jennifer.

KylieA
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
I don't think weight loss has anything to directly do with CDing. On the other hand being happy from cross dressing is sure to help with weight. Also weight loss gives you more energy, makes you healthier, happy etc.

Alice_cl
01-15-2012, 04:59 PM
My case: 5'7", 154lbs, small hands and feets 8.5 women sizes. The most slender pant that I have is 6. No that much but, a lot of fat tissue in the chest (before crossdressing it was always a problem to keep the boobs in control). Slender arms.
Cons: medium-large ribcage, muscular legs, masculine nose and thick eyebros (permanetlyin control).

RiverdanceGirl
01-16-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm just like you Kathi. Always been on the slender side. I can eat just about anything. Infact if I skip a single meal I lose weight. Currently I am running about 144lbs. I *do* exercise a little though to keep my tummy flat. It's the price I pay for having a perky bum, lol.

Shananigans
01-16-2012, 01:23 AM
Yay! You can do it! I swear by strict calorie counting, yoga, jogging, and hula-hooping. It's a long process that never truly ends, but it's worth it.

I'm glad you are swimming too instead of just focusing on being slender. "Skinny-fat" people as we like to call them look pretty terrible. Bikini bodies are earned in the gym!!!

I know you love pin-up girls as much as I do, and a lot of pin-up models swear by pilates. I've done yoga for waaaaaay too long a pilates feels super intense to me, but it sure does work you in the right areas!

You can seriously do it! My waist was 30 inches at the start in March...I felt bad. My butt remains really curvy, which I'm learning to live with. My measurements on Friday were 36C-26(on a good day...27 on a bad day)-39...biiiig booty. I'm also 5'10". But, yeah, the waist went waaaay down after a little bit of work. I'd like my booty to go down just a bit too. Also, take lots of pictures of your progress. I have to take my full-body pics with a crappy phone, but it works to carry them around with me as a motivator.