PDA

View Full Version : opinion on legs

JaytoJillian
11-17-2011, 05:49 AM
I workout on a regular basis, and for the past year or more, I have really concentrated my effort on legs--the logic behind that was to look bigger on the bottom in order to offset the top. Does it make sense that bigger legs can help create a more "typical" feminine body shape?

Chari
11-17-2011, 06:06 AM
It is always good to do a work out to keep your body toned and in shape. Also your clothes will fit better, and personally I feel/look better and am more comfortable in who I am. IMO, doing female exercises is much different than "working out" as a guy! What ever exercises you choose to do, go slow at first and please do not push beyond your limits.

Michaela42
11-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Well, according to 'science' the more symmetrical a person is, the more attractive they will appear. This goes for the shape of your face, position of your eyes, etc . . . So it would stand to reason that evening out you body would have the same effect.

Karren H
11-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Definitely! Playing ice hockey and doing lower body exercises has made my legs look amazing... So I've been told! Lol.

kimdl93
11-18-2011, 09:45 AM
I think it can. Of course, I've always been a fan of well-muscled women, so I may be prejudiced. I do feel that the time I have spend on the elliptical and weights has added a flattering degree of definition to my legs and rear end...

JenniferR771
11-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Whatever you are doing--keep doing it. You cannot add a layer of blubber under your skin--but you are doing something right.

insearchofme
11-18-2011, 11:10 AM
I used to lift for my legs but the trouble you may run into is that they may get too big if you don't know what you're doing. I've had two hip replacements so running is out and I can only do leg extensions and leg curls. Definately no squatting. I ride a bike 5-6 days a week. In the winter I use a stationary bike and in warmer weather a road bike. Also if you swim for exercise use a kick board, it's a pain but well worth it.

Here is the results

Hugs,

mentall008
11-18-2011, 04:57 PM
You have got lovly legs.

KellyJameson
11-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Beautifully formed legs Insearchofme, Nice work !

My roommate is a GG from China but has a very muscular build and often has difficulty finding boots that will fit over her calves and has had success in reducing there size by bike riding and swimming.

I personally think large leg muscles can be sexy looking in heels. The physical strength of the body against the delicate beauty of heels is a pleasurable contrast.

docrobbysherry
11-18-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm taking a different road. I QUIT working out with weights and machines when I got serious about dressing!

Altho that has taken some of that male looking edge off my arms and legs, I've also lost weight! Which seems to have removed the fem appearing fat layers! Which counters my loss of muscle tone!

Crap! U can't win!

anonymousinmaryland
11-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Was reading this post when I came across a nice set of legs (insearch of me).

Miranda09
11-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Sure, I think so. In fact, that's exactly what I've been doing for the past year, and I think it's working. So keep it up. Besides, any toning of the muscles can do nothing but make you look even sexier. :)

StarrOfDelite
11-19-2011, 01:10 PM
I started doing what you're attempting about 3 years ago, with mixed results. My conclusion is that the most dispositive factor is genetics, but working on legs and buttocks may help you develop a more balanced figure.

I do fairly heavy weights with high reps in multiple sets for leg presses, hip abductors, hip adductors, calf presses, leg extensions, leg curls, and glutes extensions, along with crunch situps and hip flexors. I also ride the exercycle 35-40 minutes after I quit lifting. Sometimes I exercise until my stomach is queasy, but it has probably done more to sculpt my muscles and make my legs more "vascular" than anything else. I have the same long, lean muscular legs I had three years ago, and while they're more defined and stronger now, the only way they'd look feminine is if I was posing with a group of G-girl Marathoners.

I cut down on the weights and sets, but increased reps per set, for my upper body workout, and that, combined with dieting and aerobic bicycling, has helped to reduce the bulk in my chest and shoulders while retaining strength and definition.

In the final analysis, you can sculpt your figure to become more feminine if you look only at the bust/waist/hip measurements, but the overall effect is still going to be determined by genetics. We can't change where fat does or doesn't accumulate on our bodies, and we can't change our skeletal structure.

The thing you have to be careful of is that weight lifting increases appetite, and it's easy to gain body mass in muscle and fat and inches if dietary rules about caloric intake and protein/fat/carbohydrate ratio are not observed strictly.

Whether the cosmetic effects are worthwhile may be debatable, but by using my workout schedule, and watching my diet, I've reduced my sitting pulse rate by 5-10 beats a minute, and decreased both of my blood pressure numbers. That's good for anyone, especially for a person over fifty-five.

*Vanessa*
11-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Yup makes total sense Jillian

Generally speaking males have better looking legs then our counterpart (thinner, toned, better shape). Ya I'm also big on showing the good stuff and hiding the not so good stuff. Just about any exercise works. Running will do wonders for you. Biking will also but will build the quads very fast, but the calves come threw oh so nicely. Besides, there are tons of boys that shave to cycle race ;)

Veronica Lodge
11-19-2011, 01:47 PM
I can only do leg extensions and leg curls. Definately no squatting.
Here is the results
Hugs,

Hey those legs look great. Those are the only weight training exercises I do for my legs and they have really slimmed out from it. All the running slims the rest of the legs down. I use to have substantial quads from athletics when I was younger, and found they really took away from what I really wanted them to look like. Ignore them and they go away.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?u=92867&dateline=1321728263&type=profile

Shelly67
11-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Legs are surprising ....... but i consider the best way to shapen any pins is cycling .