PDA

View Full Version : We are not competing with GG's.

Marleena
11-17-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm new here but I've come across quite a few posts like: I have bigger boobs than my wife, I have nicer legs than my wife, or she says I'm prettier than her. These type of comments might be insulting to the GG's. It's okay to feel good about how you look but it's a mistake to compare ourselves to GG's.

Most of us want our SO's to approve of us crossdressing. You can be sure they're never jealous of us, why should they be, they're the real deal.

So I'm just saying we need to show more repect to the ladies here that are GG's.

Just my opinion. Thanks for reading.:)

joannemarie barker
11-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Lol we can't possibly compete with ggs,any gg,they're the real deal :) what we can do is aspire to be the girl we want to be :)

Marleena
11-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Lol we can't possibly compete with ggs,any gg,they're the real deal :) what we can do is aspire to be the girl we want to be :)

That's exactly my point.:)

*Vanessa*
11-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Well I am by far a better cook. Granted I wash the floor, walls and dishes the same. I do my own laundry after she shrunk a 14.00 pair of running socks trying to get stains out for god sake (I digress). I'm not gay but really like (some) boys <oh right CDing my mind is slipping today>. She wears sweatshirt and bluejeans all the time, it's pretty easy to look more fem in a T-shirt...

Truth, my S/O is a retired sniper in the Cnd military, you would expect anything domestic?

Marleena
11-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Changed the title of the thread.:)

*Vanessa*
11-17-2011, 11:08 AM
well that sucks !

<kidding>

Karren H
11-17-2011, 11:09 AM
The only competitons I have with women is in front of the clearence racks!! And I can check way better than most of them! Lol. "Boom... Out of the way granny!!..". :)

Changed the title of the thread.:)

No you didn't.. Only the title above your first post. That takes super powers to do that! Lol.

Marleena
11-17-2011, 11:10 AM
well that sucks !

<kidding>

Well, I thought I did..Hmmm.

docrobbysherry
11-17-2011, 11:23 AM
There's some things u CAN'T do on this forum, Marleena.

One- Change the title of your post.

Two- Disrespect GGs or ANYONE here!

Marleena
11-17-2011, 11:24 AM
The only competitons I have with women is in front of the clearence racks!! And I can check way better than most of them! Lol. "Boom... Out of the way granny!!..". :)

No you didn't.. Only the title above your first post. That takes super powers to do that! Lol.

Darn! Lol @ clearance rack post! You crack me up!

Marleena
11-17-2011, 11:25 AM
There's some things u CAN'T do on this forum, Marleena.

One- Change the title of your post.

Two- Disrespect GGs or ANYONE here!

Thanks, I hope I haven't disrespected anyone.

I should have thought the thread title over better.:sad:

Beverley Sims
11-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Hey! I can't compete with my GG.
Mine washes the car.
Does the washing and ironing.
Cooks most of the time.
Does the gardening.
Sometimes I mow the lawn.
I give her love and affection, and get it returned twice over.
My dressing is accepted.
I have said it before.

Women are the best thing since sliced bread.

Shananigans
11-17-2011, 12:34 PM
I could be b*tchy and say go ahead and compete with me and we'll see who would win...

That's what I would tell a fellow gg that was acting like a total beyotch!!

But, I agree...we all need to play nicely and learn from each other. I have learned a lot from the CDing community and I respect most people here. I did say "most" and not "all" :)

sicmik
11-18-2011, 12:08 AM

Don't be so sure.. I'm the clearance queen! lol :)

Also, I wanted to reply to the actual thread.. At times I feel like my SO wants to make it a competition, but then again it may be me being less than confident. I honestly do think some female items look better on him than me. He's got the best legs! lol

sanderlay
11-18-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm new here but I've come across quite a few posts like: I have bigger boobs than my wife, I have nicer legs than my wife, or she says I'm prettier than her. These type of comments might be insulting to the GG's. It's okay to feel good about how you look but it's a mistake to compare ourselves to GG's.

Most of us want our SO's to approve of us crossdressing. You can be sure they're never jealous of us, why should they be, they're the real deal.

So I'm just saying we need to show more repect to the ladies here that are GG's.

Exactly! When you post something put yourself in the shoes of the other person. How will they feel about what you wrote? Think before you post. Are you being kind... or just reacting with an emotion?

GG's and ALL other fellow members here are special persons. Let's treat them with the respect they deserve when we write something... no mater what they wrote.

sara.s
11-18-2011, 12:50 AM
We do well, only when we compete. What nature hasn't given you naturally, you want to get it with expensive makeup, good makeup skills and practice, fake boobs, hips and fake everything. Its the competition/comparison that drives us(me at least).

KellyJameson
11-18-2011, 12:57 AM
The desire to be beautiful is certainly strong and with that desire comes the inevitable comparisons to others to see if they are better in some way but even if you win you still lose because like the gunfighter sooner or later there will be someone faster. Physical beauty is a power trip that will bite you. Sorry about the mixed metaphors I have the Magnificent Seven playing in the background and it is messing with my head

I do not experience jealousy in drab but it raises it's ugly head when enfemme, just one more surreal experience for me because otherwise I never have the desire to be better than others or the need to compete from feelings of inferiority. Life is weird

April_Ligeia
11-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Funny how even dressing can become a competition to some people. I just express myself how I want, and never pay much attention to whether I am doing something "better" than someone else, unless of course I can learn something from her technique or look.

Erica Thorn
11-18-2011, 02:43 AM
I would never even dream of competing with my GF about looks or anything else, for two reasons... the first is that she's way to competitive and would crush me, the second is that she's everything I wish I was some days!

Tina B.
11-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Well I can beat my wife, when it comes to having long pretty legs, it helps being a foot taller of course, and her legs always have looked a lot better, but mine are longer. Really you can't compete, it's like trying to pass a mule off as a race horse, looks cute on the track, but you can see which one will win the race even before it starts. Besides I don't want to compete with women, I want to play on there team, at least part time.
Tina B.

kimdl93
11-18-2011, 09:40 AM
I certainly don't compete. I only hope to emulate within the limited extent of my capabilities. Afterall, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

jillleanne
11-18-2011, 10:32 AM

Ok, you got me convinced. On second thought, I don't think I'll ask her her age again, how to rid the wrinkles aroung the eyes, or mention to her how nice and ah... tight her butt is.

and BTW seriously, you are sooooooo correct.

Karren H
11-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Don't be so sure.. I'm the clearance queen! lol :)

A duel at the KOP Mall? Visa cards at 10 paces!! :D

Kittie
11-18-2011, 10:49 AM
On the contrary, some girls compete with and act bitchy towards each other anyway.

zaphod_2001
11-18-2011, 02:02 PM
I have never wanted to compete, I can only aspire to be... well just pretty and passable. I harbor no illusions that I can be completely femme, but desire to be as close to femme as this man can possibly be. And that is a lot of work. :D

TGMarla
11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
I could be b*tchy and say go ahead and compete with me and we'll see who would win...

LOL....I'd be the one-legged lady in an ass-kicking contest!

Seriously, I'm not competing with anyone, especially my wife or any real woman. I'm just happy that I get my girl-time to enjoy, and if I manage to be pretty once in a while, it's a huge bonus.

But I do cook better than my wife, and she likes it that way. It means I do most of the cooking, and she doesn't have to.

Suzy Parker
11-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Except at the clearance racks

Having played football as a defensive tackle and probably having at least 60 pounds on most women I can bust through and sack that skirt or dress. No mercy.

Shananigans
11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't think most CDs are here to compete. There's no reason to compete. It's really stupid...what are we going to compete over? Looks? Clothing style? Isn't that all subjective anyway?

I think that people who say really stupid stuff are people that haven't really been on this forum that long. It gets annoying when some people say how terribly GGs dress and I literally leave the forum wondering what rock these people live under. But, I just say, "Oh, those people are so silly..." Then, I step out the door looking fabulous (except when I am wearing my school uniform). It also gets annoying when CDs say how much more feminine they are than GGs...because, y'alls concept of femininity is vastly different than what GGs call femininity. Femininity is very wrapped up in clothing for most of y'all (not all) and it's something innate for us. We're all different, but the majority of the people that I talk to here are wonderful people.

But, for the people who are being b*tches...my offer still stands. :)

LOL....I'd be the one-legged lady in an ass-kicking contest!.

Bwhahaha I haven't heard this expression in so long that I literally laughed out loud.

ReineD
11-18-2011, 02:48 PM
I agree, beauty, breast size preference, and other preferences such as hair length or curliness, leg length or shape, etc, are not things to be measured and compared, even between GGs or between CDs. We are who we are, we all have our own cachet, it is the whole rather than the sum of the parts that count, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder ... and all that.

I think it's OK to compare the things we do though, like cooking, how neat we choose to be, or other activities we engage in such as strength training, since none of these things are gendered. They are preferences or non-gendered personality traits. It is perfectly OK for a man to say that he enjoys cooking more than his wife does, and for a woman to say she enjoys running long distances more than her husband does for example, or one partner pays more attention to details, while the other tends to look at the larger picture, or one is more analytical than the other, since these are just activities and personality traits that do not predict femininity and masculinity, nor is anyone saying one is 'better' than the other. It stands to reason that if one person is more talented at an activity than another, it is because they have a greater interest.

On the contrary, some girls compete with and act bitchy towards each other anyway.

That's an outdated stereotype. Girls can be competitive just as guys can be. The only difference is the term used to describe it.

Cheryl T
11-18-2011, 07:02 PM
At first my wife thought that my desire to dress this way or that way was an attempt to "compete" with her.
I don't compete with anyone. How I dress and my style of dress has to do solely with making myself comfortable and my desire to look my best. She has since been losing weight and now I kid her that soon she'll look better in my skirts than I do....the tables are turned.

Babeba
11-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Marleena,

I like you! Thank you for pointing this out!

The other one (other than the rather tired tropes already pointed out here) that really kind of annoys me is the crossdressers who claim they only wear feminine clothing because their wife/coworkers/acquaintances/every woman in general don't wear it enough. It's not like there's a magic quota of skirts or pantyhose which MUST be worn every single day or else the world would explode!

Miranda09
11-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't even try to compete with a gg....I'd lose that race in a heartbeat!!! :D

Marleena
11-18-2011, 09:17 PM
I think I need to clarify that this thread is not about kissing up to GG's as one poster had said. It's about respect. It is to appreciate them for taking the time join, and find out what the majority of us are all about. Many have SO's and need/want acceptance.

That said, some comments about GG's may simply be jokes that get lost in the interpretation, after all this is a forum.

Marleena
11-18-2011, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't even try to compete with a gg....I'd lose that race in a heartbeat!!! :D

Me too.............:)

Suzy Parker
11-18-2011, 09:44 PM
I wear what I like to wear and make purchases accordingly. What I buy for myself I would never buy for my wife. Sure I wish she would dress nicer but I am sure she feels the same about me. My two worlds are completely separate. I do admire a nicely dressed woman but make no comments about it. I love my wife for who she is not what she wears. Each persons opinion of what is feminine is just that, their opinion. Standards of what is proper attire are long gone as you can now were pajamas and slippers everywhere especially Wal-Mart.

sometimes_miss
11-18-2011, 09:47 PM
There are very, very few crossdressers that could compete with GG's. And I'm talking about < 1%. The rest of us only wish we could.

Suzy Parker
11-18-2011, 10:25 PM
I wear what I like to wear and make purchases accordingly. What I buy for myself I would never buy for my wife. Sure I wish she would dress nicer but I am sure she feels the same about me. My two worlds are completely separate. I do admire a nicely dressed woman but make no comments about it. I love my wife for who she is not what she wears. Each persons opinion of what is feminine is just that, their opinion. Standards of what is proper attire are long gone as you can now were pajamas and slippers everywhere especially Wal-Mart.

Amy Hepker
11-18-2011, 11:16 PM
I don't want to compete, I want to be a female, but that will never happen.

Jorja
11-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Well, reading through this thread there were a couple of things that caught my attention. Shananigans in a school uniform:daydreaming: and I am staying away from the sales rack when I see Karren, Sicmik, and Suzy Satin approaching.:eek::heehee:

Really? A man in a dress in competition with GGs? LOLOLOLOL Do we even have to consider the outcome?

Now to those GG's that love to bake, be warned, I make a mean German Chocolate Cake. ;)

Eryn
11-19-2011, 12:24 AM
One of those "profound revelations" I've had is that my tastes and those of my wife are considerably different. In retrospect this is kind of a no-brainer as I am much taller and of course less curvaceous than she but it took actually going out dressed so I could try on different looks before I made the connection. This realization has cost us a fair amount of money! :)

No sense competing, though. She's across the finish line and on the winner's podium before I'm out of the starting blocks!

Piora
11-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Shananigans in a school uniform:daydreaming:

Hmmm..... from what Shananigans posted in another thread about her school uniform, it's apparently not very flattering. Not girly at all. LoL!

Really? A man in a dress in competition with GGs? LOLOLOLOL Do we even have to consider the outcome?

I don't know.....if we're talking strictly looks alone, I would argue that point. I've seen some mind-blowing pictures of quite a few of our members on here.

But I really think the spirit of this thread is about what GGs feel is feminine - or what makes them feel feminine....and the looks part is not so much. Right there, is where the concept of "competing" is rather moot. I believe it was Shananigans who mentioned that holding a relative's newborn baby made her feel more feminine than any amount of clothing or makeup ever could. We, as crossdressers, might feel a similar warmth doing the same thing - but I doubt it would make us feel feminine. Women generally have far different perceptions about it, that we, as genetic males could never emulate or even know what it feels like, to be a woman.

So, while it could be argued that our handwriting, our mannerisms, our emotions and that sort of thing might be like a GG's, there's really no "competition" even possible.