PDA

View Full Version : Backwards in High Heels

windycissy
11-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Last night I fulfilled my ultimate fantasy: my guy broke down and took me out for dinner and dancing, at the Top of the Mark no less! It was such a thrill, I wore my little black dress and strappy heels, even a garterbelt and stockings underneath (one of his conditions) we were seated at a little table with a spectacular view of the city lights, and after cocktails (manhattan for him, cosmo for me) and a light supper the music started. I thought it would be difficult to dance the woman's part but he is a wonderful dancer and once we got out there I just let myself go and let him lead the way, following him felt so natural as he held me close. The wall behind the piano player is all mirrors, and I couldn't take my eyes off our reflection as we twirled around the dancefloor. It's a memory I'll cherish forever.

Longing2be-Trisha
11-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Wow what a fun romantic night you had!

Hugs

rachaelsloane
11-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Cissy,
Sounds like you had a great time, can't wait to hear more details when we meet tonight.
Rachael

NV Susan
11-17-2011, 01:39 PM
OMG Cissy, a date that dreams are made of....

abigailf
11-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Oh, how wonderful! Sounds like you had a wonderful night for sure.

and that is on my bucket list too - dance ballroom with a skilled lead partner.

AllieSF
11-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Sounds so wonderful Cissy. That is the dream romantic date with dancing included. I have danced the woman's role before for ballroom dancing, but it sure didn't come natural to me as I would occasionally slip back to my male mind and want to lead necessitating stopping and then starting from scratch again. But it sure was a lot of fun. Yes, you will definitely be pressed for more details tonight over wine with the chatty and inquisitive girls.

Being Paige
11-17-2011, 04:05 PM
That sounds so great!! Glad to hear you had such a fantastic time

Lorileah
11-17-2011, 04:13 PM
wow! awesome! Dancing is one of my new goals. So I think I will now :)

SuzanneBender
11-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a great time and a long time desire realized. Thanks for sharing.

12Andy777
11-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Congrats, Cissy! Sounds like a beautiful evening!

kimdl93
11-17-2011, 04:20 PM
It does sound like great fun, Cissy...my wife and I recently took dance lessons. We couldn't decide who should lead!

Aprilrain
11-17-2011, 04:23 PM
I couldn't take my eyes off our reflection as we twirled around the dancefloor. It's a memory I'll cherish forever.

Awwwwwwww! thats sweet!

Cynthia Anne
11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Now that's what I call a beautiful loving story I hope youn have many more to tell! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Persephone
11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Oh, wow, Cissy! What a wonderful evening! That is so great!

And you look lovely! Perfect!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Angie Sweet
11-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Don't let that guy get away. Any man that can lead like that is a keeper. If he could make you follow that well. He is a great dancer!!!!!!!!!
That is the lead I hope to be someday.

windycissy
11-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Funny you should mention your bucket list: now that I've scratched ballroom dancing off my list, I was wondering what else there could possibly be, until the next day we met for lunch at Union Square and walked past the outdoor ice skating rink, and I said to him: fluffy sweater, short skirt, tights...I can do that!

Oh, how wonderful! Sounds like you had a wonderful night for sure.

and that is on my bucket list too - dance ballroom with a skilled lead partner.

sometimes_miss
11-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Ballroom dancing is a great way to meet women. Sadly, since my knees went 'south', it's not much of an option anymore for me.

Missy Tanya
11-19-2011, 12:07 AM
That's something I should try, as I suck as a man dancing. Maybe as a woman I can just follow their lead. But you looked wonderful and I bet that others were watch you two lovelies dancing too. That would be a big-o-check mark on my Bucket List if I was you!!

Tanya

Jane G
11-19-2011, 05:15 AM
Cissy that sounds like such a wonderful evening. Can't wait to here the romantic tale from the Ice ring.

windycissy
11-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Nah, I'll leave ice skating in a short pleated skirt to the cute young girls...there's something to be said for being a mature, self-assured lady on the arm of a distinguished gentleman, just walking through the lobby of the Mark Hopkins Hotel with him was sublime. It was a chilly night so I draped this shawl around my bare shoulders on the way to and from the parking lot. Little memories of the evening keep coming back, like when he asked me if I wanted to go back to the dancefloor for one more dance, YES!

Cissy that sounds like such a wonderful evening. Can't wait to here the romantic tale from the Ice ring.

charlie
11-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Nice restaurant and ballroom dancing! What a nice evening! We are all jealous Lady!