PDA

View Full Version : Meet the friendly drag queen!

sara.s
11-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Last week, I had another CD come over and I went with her dressed to a local gay bar for my first drag show. It has been a while since I last did my own makeup and it looked so horrible and cake'y in the pics we took.

I was disappointed with myself and after the drag show I went over to a drag artist (Christina) and asked her if I could watch her do her makeup and learn some makeup tips. She was very friendly and invited me over the next week(which is today).

So, I went over today in male mode and was allowed into their backroom. Christina showed me how she does her makeup and I also watched other drag queens do their own in different style. Their eye makeup was over the top, but I learned contouring, lip makeup, covering eyebrow and such. They all were very friendly. I hope to go there dressed again some other time.

Actually, the idea to get help from a drag queen was given by one of the psychiatrist at one of our CD meets. So, I am assuming a lot of you gals might have been in the same boat. But, I hardly read anything about drag here. Wazzup?? Anyways, they were all very friendly and you might want to give it a shot.

DanaR
11-17-2011, 11:35 PM
A few years ago, there was a photographer at the Esprit Conference that had an makeup person that did drag. I had some photo's taken and she did my makeup for the pictures. The pictures seemed to come out well. The makeup was a little more stated that I usually did it, but it showed up good in the pictures.

Cari
11-17-2011, 11:42 PM
We should save this post and stick it every "can we all get along post" that comes up.
Sounds like you had a positive experience :-)

I think we forget sometimes that when we go to drag show it is the one place where everyone in the room is looking for and expecting a man in a dress :-)
Kinda makes it harder to blend

Christinedreamer
11-18-2011, 03:01 AM
Keep in mind that a lot of makeup becomes almost transparent as far as beard coverage is concerned under blue light or with a camera flash that is not properly filtered. What looks great face to face can look like a raccoon face under the wrong light. Also some concealers are also useless under flash glare. It takes some experimentation to find the right ones.