PDA

View Full Version : First time really out in public...

JaneAshland
11-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Well this past week I had to go to Richmond VA, so I decided to "step out" a bit more:
Going up, stopped at the Leggs/Hanes store while dressed as guy, went in a tried on a few bra's and inserts. Went right up to the sales lady, and asked if she had a problem helping me try some bra's, she was a bit hesitant, but warmed up and was very nice. Older woman.
So early Tues morning, I woke up and dressed as Jane in a suit jacket and skirt, boots and hose. Did my makeup as best I could, then headed to Sephoria for help, dressed as Jane. Walked right in, a few strange looks as I walked up to the sales lady, and asked if she could help me. She said I did quite well on the overall makeup, very smooth, but could use help with the eyes, which she did. She was very nice, no unpleasant vibes at all, but I felt just a tad uneasyness, but she was very very polite. Left Sephoria's and headed over to Dress Barn to find a more casual skirt, walked in, asked the saleslady if she minded helping me, and she was just wonderful. Set me up in a room, and kept bringing me skirts and blouses to try on. I wanted to dress down just a bit, but don't think I really did, as afterwards I just wanted to go walking around some dept stores just to grab the feeling of being a woman, or at least trying to feel what it is like. So I then drove over to Kohls, and as I was walking in, I got a few smiles from women, as they knew right away, but they were nice smiles. Walked thru Kohls, but kind of stayed in the dept's and not walking out in the middle of the store, so I did not really notice any strange looks, and no comments at all. After Kohls, I went back to the hanes/leggs store as the bra that I was sold just felt a bit to big, so I went down from a 42B to a 40B, and bought 2 cup breast forms. Using 1 cup, and 2 of the 1/2 forms I can fill the bra cup nicely. The problem this time in the Leggs/Hanes store, as the associates were very nice, I felt they preferred that I was not there at all, so this visit made me a bit more self conscious. I then went to a drive thru, where you drive to the first window to pay, and the second to pick up, and this was very interesting, as when I paid the lady gave me a smile, but then she must have immed told the staff that the car coming up had a guy dressed as a woman, because the staff was waiting to get a glimpse of me, no comments, just smiles and looks.

So, the lessons I learned are 1) Dress to fit in, as I was wearing a black skirt, silk blouse hanging out, with scarf around my neck and a neckless, so I was a bit dressed up, and being 6 tall and wearing heels just adds a bit more. So, next time it will be skirt and sweater. 2)You cannot mistake the mans voice, even though my voice is not real deep, it is not feminine, so the drive thru's, or really anywhere you have to speak is the dead give away. Before you open your mouth, there can still be a bit of doubt, but then the voice just confirms their suspicion.

Overall, what an incredible feeling of wearing makeup, skirt, blouse, hose and boots from 9am to 1am, 16hrs!!! for the shopping and drive was just incredible. I would just really like to blend in a bit more, so that's my focus....

Susan G
11-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Very Nice report! I am sure you were having the time of your Life!

Cynthia Anne
11-18-2011, 12:20 AM
For a first time out in public that is incredable! Glad you enjoyed it! Don't worry so much about what others think! Have fun! Hugs!

Eryn
11-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Congratulations on your first time! You'll remember this for a long time! :)

Marleena
11-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Sounds like a great start Jane! Doesn't it feel great being fully dressed? I envy you for getting out there.:) Some day I hope to leave the house dressed. Many of us have not reached that point yet.

JaneAshland
11-18-2011, 12:34 AM
I've been out before, just late at night when no one was around, but this time i just wanted to do it during the day. Yeah, it was tough, but i just said to heck with it I want to do this. I was very nervous, and after the second trip to the Leggs/Hanes Store and the drive thru I must admit I lost some confidence, but not enough to stop me from doing this again, better dressed. What an incredible experience, to stay dressed that length of time and just enjoy the feeling of everything. This is just the beginning.....I'd really love to go out to dinner and a movie, but the movie part may be asking for stares and comments....

S. Lisa Smith
11-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Which Sephora did you go to in Richmond? The one in Regency Square? I go there a few times a year and they are always soo helpful! If you have to go back to Richmond, go to Sephhora and see if Kimber is there, she's great!!

miaTX86
11-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Congratulations. It sounds like you did great. I am so jealous.

kimdl93
11-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Very good. But wow, 16 hours in boots - were your feet killing you?

steffanie
11-18-2011, 10:36 AM
It is nice hear about a very positive experience like that. Kudos for taking the initiative.

Steffi

Veronica Lodge
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM
It's nice to hear you had such an encouraging first time really out.

I'm glad you were comfortable at Sephora. I have always been treated with dignity & class when I shop there and would highly recommend going to one on your first shopping trip out.

susangirl
11-18-2011, 05:21 PM
It's funny how many of us think the world may end if we get caught out with stockings and a dress on. Well, not true. Some people approve, some people do not care, some don't approve and they don't count. I have come to enjoy the ones that don't approve just as much as the one that do. The benefits of dressing as Susan for a night in Atlanta far outweighs the few negative people one encounters. So happy for you. I get such a rush from going out in public dressed as Susan. Hope your next trip is just as rewarding.

KellyCT2011
11-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Haven't dressed in a few years, but am getting ready to start dressing up again. I have missed the excitement of going out dressed.

JaneAshland
11-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Which Sephora did you go to in Richmond? The one in Regency Square? I go there a few times a year and they are always soo helpful! If you have to go back to Richmond, go to Sephhora and see if Kimber is there, she's great!!

I actually went to the one in Fredericksburg. Next time I will take your advice and go to the one in Regency Square, and ask for Kimber. Would be nice to have someone work with me that is CD friendly. Thanks for the advice....