PDA

View Full Version : Coming out idear....SUCCESS!

TeaganNataliaAcheson
11-18-2011, 09:42 PM
So thanksgiving is next week and christmas is shortly after. It also happens to be hunting season. Through many conversations with my parents who are super supportive, we decided it was necessary to let the rest of the family know "Jake" will not be attending family get togethers this year, but Teagan will be.

If I have one oober masculine trait it's that I love guns, and I love hunting. Maybe this is the military in me talking. Though she is crazy I don't feel so bad as the super sexy Ms. Sarah Palin likes to hunt as well. So I thought it may be an opportunity to show some of my family, although I am changing in one way much of me will be the same. Basically I wanted to show my family I am still me but in different packaging. So this past weekend I told my family members that hadn't been told yet and let them know I would be at my grandparent's for opening day and the rest of the week. The week couldn't have turned out better.

First when I told my family of my plans the biggest concern wasn't my transition. As it turns out, my family was more concerned that my transition plans included moving to Canada. They want me around more! To think I haven't told my extended family because I was afraid of them pushing me off! There was even a story shared by my grandmother where she explained my grandfather and her never wanted me to know I was adopted because they thought I would push them away. We hugged and both of us had big grins shining through our tears. Later that morning she called me her grand daughter and told me I was beautiful. I couldn't have asked for more! I stayed the entire week with my grand parents as Teagan, and although they have yet to call me Teagan, they have been very very accepting. My grandmother and I have been swapping beauty tips, and she wants me to do her nails before I leave tomorrow.

As far as hunting with my family that went very well as well. As I said they were very accepting and the mornings in the cold were treated as a normal day on the hunt. Although I was a little more tired because I woke up an hour early to do my makeup and hair, I am the only one to have gotten a deer. On our third day out, I shot a 6 point buck that I am sure will be very tasty (my first deer ever). I was so excited I fell out of my deer stand! I also gutted and dressed the deer all by myself. I don't think my grandpa could have been prouder of his grand daughter.

SO point bein' for all you girls out there that haven't come out to your family yet, maybe this is an idea? Here is a pic of the deer and me in my hunting attire. Notice the girly but yet awesome IMO Browning inspired nails I painted the night before with pink camo :)

Kelly DeWinter
11-18-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm just not into seeing dead animals on this site, nope not a hunter, i uderstand it's for some, but not for me.

Melody Moore
11-18-2011, 10:19 PM
It was my own mother, NOT my father who taught me how to shoot.

We use to do a lot of rabbit shooting and she could outshoot Dad any day! PMSL

So who said that guns were not for girls? :heehee:

TeaganNataliaAcheson
11-18-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm just not into seeing dead animals on this site, nope not a hunter, i uderstand it's for some, but not for me.

I am sorry I tried to put an X over most of the bloodyness as the eye was quite gory. I understand you not enjoying hunting or dead animals. I don't enjoy dead animals either. I just enjoy hunting, and I use everything I can from the deer. I enjoy venison alot as well. The idea of the image wasn't to show a dead deer but that us trans girls can hunt too.

DebbieL
11-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Congratulations on coming out to your family.

I've never been fond of hunting. I shot rats off logs from 1000 yards with a scope when I went camping my sophomore year, but never got a thrill out of shooting.

I knew that owning a bad idea by the time I was 12, because it would have been way too tempting way too many times to use the gun on my own head, especially after my voice went bass and I shot to 6 foot tall and my feet grew to much to wear my mom's shoes and boots.

Every time I considered the possibility that I might never be able to become a girl, I often wondered if reincarnation as a girl was a possibility. My one concern was that if I killed myself, I might end up in a Muslim country as a woman, getting the worst of all worlds.

Just because you want to be a girl doesn't mean you have to give up ALL of your favorite boy things. Enjoy your time with your family.

Melody Moore
11-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Shooting is NOT just a boy thing, that is a stereo-typed bigoted attitude and the same can be said for self-defence, I
know of a few girls who can outshoot and kick a lot of guys butts. I think guns are great for girls because it gives them
back some of the power that men have tried to take away from them. Men just 'try' to claim such roles as their own.

Did you know one of the world's most famous snipers was a Russian woman?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko

Longing2be-Trisha
11-18-2011, 11:19 PM
That is so great that things went well. I have two nieces that hunt one even has a pink riffle and pink shotgun. they both have shot moose, bear, elk, dear in Alaska. My mother could shoot, and my sister also. I was a crack shot or is that a crack pot lol!

Hugs

"Mary"
11-18-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm really glad to hear that everything went so well. Talk about pleasant surprises!!!

You look very pretty in the pictures. Way to go!!

TeaganNataliaAcheson
11-18-2011, 11:43 PM
I know guns aren't just a guy thing, but stereotypically yes it's counted as one. I am the only girl in my family that hunts.

I really want a pink rifle. I am thinking a Browning BAR Mark II Lightweight Stalker 30-06. Though I would have to paint it pink lol.

Missy Tanya
11-18-2011, 11:54 PM
You should be proud of you first deer. And to do it dressed the way you feel, just makes it better. But if I tried that around my hunting camp, I would be the one skinned!!

I have a woman cousin that was a competitive shooter for years. And yes, men have to be on target to out shoot her to this day. But she does upset me, as she gets to wear all the cute girly camo while out hunting, and I only get to wear the camo panties.. lol

Tanya