PDA

View Full Version : accidental cure discovered

Shari
11-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Did quite a bit of yard work yesterday and bowled last night too. I awoke rather stiff, particularly in my right knee.
I dressed head to toe, replete with 4" heels. I was enjoying one of my early morning sessions before the wife got up. Pretty much just hanging out, enjoying my girl time.
After an hour or so, I reluctantly got undressed and back into male mode, anticipating the boss getting up soon. (there's a don't ask, don't tell policy in our house)
Moments after changing, I noticed the stiffness had come back and a sharp pain had returned in my knee.
It didn't bother me a bit the entire time I was dressed. You'd think 4" heels would make it all hurt even more. Maybe the silk and nylon have built in pain fighters.
My conclusion is that dressing can cure those little aches and pains. Throw out your tylenol and aspirin.
Just get dressed.

Raychel
11-20-2011, 07:16 AM
I have found that getting dressed does help My aches and pains as well. Not sure why. But it does take my mind of the pain at least.

BLUE ORCHID
11-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Hi Shari and raychel, It's very simple the answer is righe in front of you It's called ( Pink Fog ).

Orchid

suit
11-20-2011, 08:02 AM
it's called stress. so unload that stress!

Raychel
11-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Pink Fog, Stress, not so sure which it is, But I do know that dress up time sure does help.:daydreaming:

Michelle 51
11-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Hi Shari
I see we share a bit of early morning dressing habits.Our home is empty of children after a lot of years and I get up early everyday and most of them get an hr or so of michelle time to start the day before doing the guy thing and trudging off to work.It seems to start the day right.Nice to have a 6 AM coffee in a skirt and heels.

KARI AN
11-20-2011, 08:57 AM
When ever my back is sore I would put on my heels now the first thing when I get up is to put on the heels. My wife has come to believe it too. When I do any house work such as floors its in heels might as well say I wear them all day long after all you never know when some one will come to the house and a girl has to look good too.

jillleanne
11-20-2011, 08:59 AM
It's called 'adreniline rush'. It produces strength also, albeit, temporary.

Cynthia Anne
11-20-2011, 11:04 AM
For years I have found that wearing heels helps with my back pain! To releave stress! Wear a dress! Hugs!

Marcia Blue
11-20-2011, 12:23 PM
I have worked as an automobile tech for over 35 years. I have aches and pains that come and go, involving many and varied areas of my body. Most of them are job related. When ever I dress they all disappear. Why? Who cares, I just love it. I do believe that a lot of them are stress related, but some of them are wear and tear on joints. I just love dressing and the pain killing effect is a great bonus.

docrobbysherry
11-20-2011, 12:56 PM
I've said here for years that heels help with my back pain! But, it feels best in heels 4" and higher!

sometimes_miss
11-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Heels change the 'angle of attack' in the knee joint. For me, wearing them CAUSES pain in the knee (but oddly, not in the foot now that I've found shoes that fit my giant feet). So count your blessings if wearing your heels makes you feel better. Now all you need is a note from a doctor and you can wear them all the time. Just don't count on the rest of the world believing that the only reason is so your knees feel better!

Of course, it could simply be a psychosomatic reaction to being felt forced to be a 'standard issue guy' when what you really feel is something else entirely, which is probably what your average shrink would tell you.

Josephine
11-20-2011, 03:52 PM
I have chronic back pain at times, but when I put on a dress it seems to ease a lot. I wonder if it has to do with posture? I stand and sit up straight, head up, shoulders back, when dressed. Most likely it is because I am so happy when dressed, I don't think of the pain! :)

Jilmac
11-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Yep! My arthritis takes a break whenever I dress, maybe I should stay dressed 24/7 lol.

Karren H
11-20-2011, 05:14 PM
You really don't need make up reasons to wear women's clothing just to justify your crossdressig.... Especially to us! Lol.

SarahLynn
11-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Well lets see, as i remember nylons/pantyhose have a certain stretch in them which braces the knees by binding the flesh a bit tighter about the joint, much like full surgical hose do. If that's the case then there is a true medical reason for wearing such. The euphoria of dressing could be releasing endorphins which are "killing" the pain. The pain returns when you come down from the "high" of your dressing. It would take an MD to give you a full explanation. Perhaps Docrobbysherry can give a better analysis.

SarahLynn

JulieK1980
11-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Probably an endorphin release while dressed, masked the pain.

Chickhe
11-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Its because you are higher up from the earth...less gravity pulling down on your joints.

suchacutie
11-21-2011, 12:54 AM
I injured my back in college and in the 10 years before Tina had 3 incidents where my back put me in bed for a week, completely unable to move for the pain for the first two days.

Then 4" heels arrived. I wear my 4.5 " clogs every morning while I shave, etc. If my back is tired I slip on my heels and feel the tension drain from my back. The exercise that results from walking in heels has made my back pain free and episode free for 6 years.

I have no doubt that this is one of the many advantages of crossdressing in my life!

tina

Diane Smith
11-21-2011, 02:00 AM
In the fall of 2002, I had an accident at home and broke a bone in my left foot. (The mishap was the result of pure clumsiness and had nothing to do with dressing.) While I was recovering, I found that wearing heels of around 3" really helped relieve the pain in my foot and stress on the ankle. I started wearing comfortable heels out in boy mode then -- not only did it feel better, but I had a good medical excuse -- and just kept on doing it after I was fully recovered, gradually adding higher and skinnier heels to my wardrobe, until I became pretty much a full time wearer. I doubt anyone would buy that the 4-1/2" spikes I wear most of the time now are actually therapeutic, though!

- Diane

ashlylynn
11-21-2011, 04:28 AM
Did quite a bit of yard work yesterday and bowled last night too. I awoke rather stiff, particularly in my right knee.
I dressed head to toe, replete with 4" heels. I was enjoying one of my early morning sessions before the wife got up. Pretty much just hanging out, enjoying my girl time.
After an hour or so, I reluctantly got undressed and back into male mode, anticipating the boss getting up soon. (there's a don't ask, don't tell policy in our house)
Moments after changing, I noticed the stiffness had come back and a sharp pain had returned in my knee.
It didn't bother me a bit the entire time I was dressed. You'd think 4" heels would make it all hurt even more. Maybe the silk and nylon have built in pain fighters.
My conclusion is that dressing can cure those little aches and pains. Throw out your tylenol and aspirin.
Just get dressed.

Actually, SOME hosiery does provide SOME degree of soothing support to a knee
but
I know from working around horses that the higher the heel ( up to 45 degrees )
the easier it is for them to walk and stand since it takes much pressure off the
knees. From that I learned to pick HIGH HIGH heels which LOOK hard to walk
and stand in ... harder than say a flat or 2" heel - but are actually easier.

EDIT - maybe that's why cowboys wear high heel boots! lol

carolinewalker_2000
11-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Actually I know what you mean. I have arthritic knees but seem to be able to walk much better in heels than in my male footwear. Odd but true!

JohnH
11-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Damned current men's fashion! King Louis 14th of France used to wear 5 inch heels. Our Founding Fathers (USA) used to wear 2 to 3 inch heels. So now males are stuck with hardly any heel options.

Johanna

RenneB
11-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Oh yes I agree. I've dumped the antidepressents and haven't looked back. As long as I can dress and get all made up, I'm in heaven. No pains in the brain or anything. However, now that I've found the cure, I want more. Everything in moderation they say. I say, but it's either on or off. There is no half way with this life. If I can get just a few more things in my life sorted out, it's going to be on for good. .....

Renne.....