PDA

View Full Version : Therapist Suggested HRT

Paula_56
11-23-2011, 05:57 AM
I have been going to a great transgender therapist for over a year now. He's helped me so much with so many issues related to my GID. I have stated to dress as a woman on a regular basis's. I have come out to my wife and most importantly I have shed the guilt and shame I carried around for years.
It seemed out of the blue but yesterday he suggested I start HRT.

I can't believe it. I mean I want to, but I can't believe it's here

Right now I am just kind of letting it sink in

Leanne2
11-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi Paula,
It sounds like you are well on your way to becoming the woman that you have always been. Good luck, Leanne

StaceyJane
11-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Paula, such a big and exciting step. It will be a moment you will always remember.

*Vanessa*
11-23-2011, 01:09 PM
I am so very happy for you Paula - congrats :)

boardpuppy
11-23-2011, 02:05 PM
This moment will be like remembering your first kiss, first date and all those other firsts that are so special in a young girls life. Charish them and put them all in your memor box to be examined at later times.
Alice

Jorja
11-24-2011, 04:54 PM
It's great when things just seem to appear out of the blue..... except the mother-in-law ;).

You are on your way. Take this opportunity and enjoy the journey if that is what you really want. This is part of the reason for seeing the therapist to begin with, right?

Leslie Langford
11-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi Paula,

That is a HUGE step, but somehow I saw it coming from the tone of your recent posts as well as some PM's that we have shared. I am very happy for you in that you seem to have found some measure of closure for the doubt, uncertainty, and guilt that you have endured for so long, and that you now know the direction you need to proceed in to finally be true to yourself.

As for myself, I've found my own "sweet spot" in simply being a heterosexual crossdresser who has finally and unapologetically come to accept and embrace who he is along with his feminine side, and going out in public and interacting with others as "Leslie" every chance he gets. Then again, we all occupy different spots on the transgendered MTF or FTM continuum, and you seem to now have found yours.

It would be interesting to hear how your wife is dealing with all this, as well as your children (which I presume you also have, although you never made that clear in your posts). Not all marriages can survive such a momentous turn of events, it's going to be a challenging experience for all concerned, and hopefully you will all emerge on the other side with relatively few physical and emotional scars. As Napoleon Bonaparte once said: "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs", and in some ways, that is the type of situation you find yourself in now.

Coincidentally, I've been watching a six-part series called Sex Change Hospital which is currently playing on the LGBT-targeted OUT network carried here in Canada on one of our satellite services. It was made a few years ago and features some of Dr. Marci Bowers' gender reassignment work while she was still working in Trinidad, Colorado.

http://www.outtv.ca/sexchangehospital.php

Maybe it is airing somewhere in the U.S. at the moment as well, and no doubt it has been broadcast there in the past. If not, likely you can catch those episodes from some Internet site. Personally, I found it to have been a very illuminating, factual and sympathetic treatment of the whole topic of gender reassignment, and it puts a human face on the people undergoing this procedure, how they struggled to finally make the decision to take this monumental step, as well as on how their respective families reacted to it. I think that you may find this series quite helpful in answering some of the questions that you might still be grappling with at this point.

In any event, Paula, I wish you the very best in whatever you choose do in the end, and be secure in the knowledge that you will always have friends here (and dare I say - an extended family :)) who will always be there for you to help see you through this journey that you are about to embark on. :thumbsup:

lynnhaven
11-25-2011, 02:58 PM
That is so fantastic! Im so happy for you! Youre on a great road!