PDA

View Full Version : Chance of a lifetime

ColleenCD
11-24-2011, 12:20 AM
As a part time CD’er, I have always wanted to venture into public. But my wife and I have an agreement that; 1) all dressing takes place in the bedroom, nowhere else. 2) she will not participate. Well a week ago I was asked to join in an event at a mall for our church whereby 5th & 6th graders have to find their leaders who are in disguise. Our program director and I were talking about how a 6’2” middle ager would hide; she looked me in the eye and said “We’re going to make you a woman.” My mind said “Stay cool here” while my heart was about to start singing. She said “We’ll get you a dress and a wig and you’ll be great. Just have your wife make you up.”Since this was her idea, I suggested she e-mail my wife for support. (Insert deep breath here.) Later my wife and I are talking about this, and although she was not thrilled about the idea to say the least, she’s not saying “no.” Yeeeeessssss!!!!:D

My work schedule is hell right now, and I had two weeks to get ready for this. Now comes the hard part. I didn’t have the luxury of hiding behind the internet for the right outfit, so I had to screw on my courage and visit brick and mortars to get an outfit to “blend in.” Since this is not Halloween, and the event is in prime Christmas shopping season, the mall will be packed on a Friday night. I want the experience of dressing, having fun with kids trying to find me, but not to have the evening ruined with stares and ridicule. I started with Ross, going in and took a lap around the store and left with zero confidence. :sad: I have to do this I reminded myself, so I went to a Beauty supply store and told the clerk I need to become a woman for a night and needed some press on nails. She assisted, and my courage level went up to 25%. From there I went Kohls and browsed around, but still not ready to encounter defeat, so I went to Dress Barn, thinking “I can do this.” I walked in and told them my mission, and they were great. The manager helped me find a knee length skirt and a tee sweater, a belt and hose. She gave me some coupons, and told me “You may like it and decide to come back.” (Insert future returning customer here.) My confidence is now about 60%.:)

I went to the mall today to scope it out and get some clip on earrings, a necklace, a bracelet, etc. I went into the first store and the sales lady was super. I explained the circumstances, she helped me get accessorized, and even asked that I stop by on when dressed to let her see me. Courage level is now about 75%. The second store (Claire’s) was also terrific. I’m ready except for a few make up items and it’s 8 days away.

I’m not sleeping much, but I’m eating right. I just don’t want to miss this opportunity. Sorry for the long post. Updates will follow.

Hugs to all,

Colleen

SarahLynn
11-24-2011, 12:29 AM
I don't suppose you'd care to trade places for a few days would you. I mean i'll pretend to be you and do the dressup part and all, and you can sit back and watch from your seat in the main concoarse. heeheeeheee

SarahLynn

Longing2be-Trisha
11-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Colleen you will be GREAT! Just be yourself and have fun! Besides you look Fabulous!

Hugs

Pamela Kay
11-24-2011, 12:32 AM
Sounds like a great opportunity Colleen. Might be a good reason to get to the mall a little early and get a makeover at one of the cosmetics counters before the church event. If this is something you have always wanted to do then take advatage of the gift. If your wife see's that you can pass without to much trouble then maybe she will flex a little on your current boundries. Enjoy yourself and have a ball.

Launa
11-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Keep it up. Your courage will reach 100%. Don't worry about a thing including the busy mall on the day of the event. You have the perfect reason to be doing this, everybody from your church is there and behind you. Fun, fun, fun!

Beverley Sims
11-24-2011, 02:30 AM
There's a thread out there about this sort of thing.....
"Missed opportunities"....Don't MISS IT! A great opportunity.

DanaR
11-24-2011, 03:37 AM
How could it get better than this? Keep us informed on how this shakes out.

noeleena
11-24-2011, 04:28 AM
Hi,

Advice , Have fun enjoy your self, play it to the hilt, have a one fun night. & with the others & ......THOSE Kids ......, & just be you . enjoy,

...noeleena...

eluuzion
11-24-2011, 04:59 AM
Not trying to be a bobby-buzz-kill here...but

Since most parents are trying to teach children at that age the concept of staying away from "strangers" (particularly at malls)...
I am just trying to imagine you trying to explain this exercise to security personnel when somebody sees you dressed as a woman, playing hide-n-seek with little kids at a shopping mall.:doh:

I completely understand the innocent nature intended here, but it sounds like a pretty strange "game" to be playing with little kids at a shopping mall. Maybe I am missing something here.

:hugs:

:love:

Rianna Humble
11-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Our program director and I were talking about how a 6’2” middle ager would hide; she looked me in the eye and said “We’re going to make you a woman.” My mind said “Stay cool here” while my heart was about to start singing. She said “We’ll get you a dress and a wig and you’ll be great. Just have your wife make you up.”Since this was her idea, I suggested she e-mail my wife for support. (Insert deep breath here.) Later my wife and I are talking about this, and although she was not thrilled about the idea to say the least, she’s not saying “no.”

Have you found an innovative way to thank your wife for agreeing to this? Whether it is her favourite flowers, you cooking dinner when she expected to, a romantic night in, a romantic night out or just an unexpected box of chocolates, the possibilities are endless and you know your wife well enough to work out which would give her most pleasure.

In your place, I would try to fit this in before the event, then thank her in a different way afterwards.

You can also ask your wife to help to make sure you don't embarrass her by your presentation.

Cynthia Anne
11-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about! You go and have fun girl! Your courage level will be 101% after this!!!!!!!!! Hugs!

Sara Jessica
11-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Not trying to be a bobby-buzz-kill here...but...

I'll see your Bobby-buzz-kill and raise you another Debbie-downer with a different perspective.

All I could think when I read your post Colleen is what will you do when this is all over. Don't get me wrong, the experience should be a dream come true as you describe but are you prepared to put the girl back in the box when the event concludes? You have an agreement with your spouse, an untenable one IMHO regardless of this upcoming outing, but upon return you will have to cope with the fact that you have tasted the sweet fruits that are found in this wonderful world of ours. I think you are in for a difficult situation afterwards.

Regardless of how you feel, and how you manage it, be sure to communicate with your wife. Good luck.

sandra-leigh
11-24-2011, 09:58 AM
so I went to Dress Barn, thinking “I can do this.” I walked in and told them my mission, and they were great. The manager helped me find a knee length skirt and a tee sweater, a belt and hose. She gave me some coupons, and told me “You may like it and decide to come back.”

Hah! Obviously you aren't the first cross-dresser the manager has dealt with ;-)

pennylee
11-24-2011, 11:43 AM
hit a second hand store and get along winter coat. Your clothes are not warm enough to stand the cold for more than 3 minutes, AND you will blend better.

ColleenCD
11-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Hi friends,

Thank you all for the support and advice, I need your experience and wisdom, and it is appreciated.

For Bobbi Buzz Kill, I found out Monday that one of the security officers at the mall also works security at our church, and I will make sure he is aware of the event and my role.

For Debbie Downer, I am always looking forward to the future, and maybe I will be back in the tower, but for this event, and I’m eagerly waiting making a great memory, yet keeping my future expectations under control to prevent disappointment.

Penny Lee, you make a great point with the coat. I need to find something, maybe a poncho or waistcoat, if I can find a good deal.

Rianna, thank you for the reminder to care for my wife. Here is the cool part. She is planning on using the time at the mall to go Christmas shopping….in her new heels. About a month ago she called me at work and begged for permission to get a pair of Christian Louboutins. I wisely relented, we just cut back on dining out for while.

Last night I bought her favorite perfume for her. But when this is over, she will have a big thank you headed her way.
Sandra-Leigh, I think you’re right, the Manager at Dress Barn was way too cool with me, and clearly dealt with some of us before. She is a pro, and I want to go back.

Thank you all for your letting me share, my palms are still sweaty. More to come.

Colleen

ColleenCD
11-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Hi Girls,

I promised to give you all an update as I prepare to venture out of the closet. My outfit is ready except for a coat, some new foundation, and new lipstick. I hope to get these tomorrow. It’s still a gut check to go in and get assistance in drab, but I’m getting better.

Well here’s some fun stuff: The Program Director was at my work for business with our company this week, and was discussing the event and my dressing up. So a few people know at work, but are being discreet about it. One of the ladies I work with has told me she has had experience with dressing up men in the past. As we talked she offered to help me with mannerisms and voice. Next week we’ll spend a little time together teaching me the nuances of being feminine. I have visions in my mind about this and they need to be a lot prettier.
I’m working through the balance of my deep desire to be in public dressed pretty, and the light hearted fun of the event itself. As I’d thought at the time I heard the plan to dress me up, “just be cool here.”

More updates to come,

Colleen

Beverley Sims
11-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Since most parents are trying to teach children at that age the concept of staying away from "strangers" (particularly at malls)...
I am just trying to imagine you trying to explain this exercise to security personnel when somebody sees you dressed as a woman, playing hide-n-seek with little kids at a shopping mall.:doh:

I completely understand the innocent nature intended here, but it sounds like a pretty strange "game" to be playing with little kids at a shopping mall. Maybe I am missing something here.

One thing I like about this forum is we can all have fun saying go for it, but there are good words of caution to weigh up everything we wish to do.

Launa
11-27-2011, 02:13 AM
What's the name of the church you belong to?

Kaz
11-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Colleen, this sounds like a wonderful experience! I bet most of us here would love to be in your shoes (as long as they are heels!)!

Melody1985
11-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Very intriguing story.. I'm all anxious for you over here. I hope it goes very well with all of that, and maybe your wife will open up to moving outside the bedroom after this.. Maybe the living room lol. But good luck with this, and I'll be waiting for updates on this fantastic story..

PS, try and get some sleep!!

Rachel Flowers
11-27-2011, 04:12 AM
The busier the mall, the less attention anyone will pay to you!
Have a lovely time sweetie, but don't let the fog descend between you and your wife.

carolinewalker_2000
11-27-2011, 04:41 AM
Wow! What an opportunity. Good for your wife for agreeing that you can take part, particularly as it sounds as though she has some issues with you dressing. Will she be going along to see you performing on the night? Enjoy your evening........who knows where it may lead!!!

Tina B.
11-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Careful being to good at it, or you could let the cat out of the bag, and I doubt that would please the Mrs. Remember, the wife may have gone along with it, because there was no graceful way to say no without raising suspicions, I would walk light around her till it's over. other than that, have a great time. You just can't beat saying, but I did it for my pastor!
Tina B.

miaTX86
11-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Sounds Great. I am so excited for you.

Brenda Freeman
11-27-2011, 09:37 AM
What an exciting experience wow even with the support of your church! Have fun it sounds like you have the right attitude to make this fun for all! I see you attending church events in the future.

Fiona Scott
11-27-2011, 09:50 AM
I just could not believe this when I started to read it. Its like all your (and mine too) Christmass's come all at once. What a fantastic piece of luck. I hope its all what you want it to be.........seeing as you are this lucky would you care to pick my lottery numbers for me this week ?
Fiona
xxx

Genifer Teal
11-27-2011, 12:13 PM
About a month ago she called me at work and begged for permission to get a pair of Christian Louboutins. I wisely relented.

So tell us more about them. What kind were they? I hope they were on sale. You don't get to name drop like that without further desciption. You are such a tease :-)

As for the mall event, it sounds like some of the people offering you help are taking this way to seriously. I'm sure you are not complaining but it is worth noting. In a mall situation, first outing, something important besides your over all look, is your walk. I've seen girls that look great up close but I could read them as a man from across the stree by thier walk.

Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be great. Just don't have too much fun. It can be hard to get back in side the rabbit hole. :-)

lov2cd
11-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Sounds awesome and I am sure you will look great! I may steal your story so I can go shopping and build some confidence.

doyle nitely
11-27-2011, 06:21 PM
have a blast Colleen, enjoy every minute of it lady :)

Sophie_C
11-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Not trying to be a bobby-buzz-kill here...but

I agree with Eluzzion. Don't use 5th and 6th grade kids who may not be ready to understand crossdressing, who are using this for a different purpose, for YOUR play time.

Be a confident, responsible adult and do it in your own time.

Maybe you have more to explain?

Marcella
11-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi Coleen. It all sounds great BUT...

Please remember, this is supposed to be a game for the kids, you are merely ACTING a role. Don't get carried away and spoil it for them.

I would also suggest that, as you seem to have a good rapport with the manager, you make arrangement to use their staff washroom if you need it. As the staff may already be aware of your visit and intentions it could be embarrasssing to use the public ladies facility.

LIKETODRESS2
11-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Have fun but like Marcella take it easy.

Dana7
11-28-2011, 01:27 AM
What a fun adventure! It truly sounds like a dream come true for someone who loves to dress. You get to be out dressed in public as a woman, with the support not only of your church but also your wife, and you get to put together your own outfit that you can keep!

Here are a few things that I would consider. You are trying not to be recognized, so when you go out there, try not to look at anyone you know. Once you make eye contact, it is more likely you will be recognized and it's over. Also, remember that kids are really good at reading people, so don't be surprised if you are caught right away.

This is an exercise in being a man passing as a woman, right? Then you need to learn how to pass. Here is a good wiki article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passing_%28gender%29

Practice your walk in heels. When I went out for Halloween I gave myself some time to get used to heels. Also, you might take a look at the Youtube videos where they tell women how to walk in heels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZj93l_z34Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3a141Kwmkjk

Finally, DON'T FORGET THE CAMERA!!! We certainly want pictures of this event!

ColleenCD
11-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Hi Girls,

I had the day off today and did one thing I have never done before. I went out dressed and got gas and then to the bank (drive up ATM). Okay so I showered and shaved, shaved my legs, and did my makeup. This was fun again; I haven’t played this much in a long time. I tried the new Almay Colormatch make up that my wife bought with me. ;) I got dressed and then practiced walking in my new boots at home until I had balance and confidence that I could maneuver without injury to body or pride.

I mustered up the courage to venture out, and get gas. It felt like a spotlight on me, but it must have just been my imagination because no one spoke with me, no concerns, and I was very feminine and it went fine. A quick stop by the ATM and that was enough for today. I had to get some confidence up to be able to enter this mall on a Friday evening. For those of you wondering, I did tell my wife that I needed the practice. She was working, so it’s still a “don’t ask don’t tell” type of thing. The less said the better, but she knows the work I would need. I’ll be leaving work on Friday a little early to get ready.

Now as for the Stranger Danger concerns, I received the rules of the game today.

Here are just a few of the "rules" that we'll be going over and you'll have a POINT sheet to keep track of your group's points--which you will take away if they break any of these rules:

Stay with leader at all times
No running
No going into stores
Be respectful, courteous, and helpful of other shoppers.
When they think they might have found someone who is disguised ONE person from the group will go up to that person and say, "excuse me ma'am/sir do you have the time"
If the person is actually a leader disguised they will have a response and something to hand to your group.
If the person is NOT a leader then obviously they will either give you the time or not! Hehehe

At the end, all of those disguised will meet at a specific location to reveal ourselves to those who didn’t find us. I’m more confident than I was a week ago, and this will be fun. The kids are great and I’m their teacher for the next two weeks. We have a lot of fun in class, they learn, and are pretty well behaved.

I want to thank you all for your concern, and great advice, also your support. The kids will be guarded and safe. Pictures will be coming. Oh, and the Christian Louboutin’s are on my wife’s feet.

Hugs to all,

Colleen

linda allen
11-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Colleen,

This sounds like a great time for you and I am jealous. Anyway, have fun and try to figure out a way to continue going out dressed.

RobynB
12-01-2011, 11:33 AM
I sure wish I was there to watch.

ColleenCD
12-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Robyn,

I wish you were there to help. Confidence! Be confident! I keep telling myself this. As I went out to get gas earlier this week, I felt everyone knew I was a man in a skirt, but they were too busy doing their own thing to bother with it. You'll get pics soon to judge for yourself.

Tomorrow night is the night. I have everything as ready as I know how to do it. My competitive streak wants me to not be found by the kids. My girl side tells me to be the prettiest girl in the mall.

Pictures will follow. Hopefully my confidence will pick up.

Hugs to all,

Colleen

Dana7
12-02-2011, 12:42 AM
One other suggestion; I don't know if this is practical, but sometimes I wear a pair of glasses with clear lenses to make me less recognizable when dressed. I guess it makes me feel like it disguises my features and I am sure that it makes the face look different. Not sunglasses, that would be too obvious. Perhaps if you could find a pair of feminine reading glasses, that might be something to try. Just an idea.

Now just remember, we are all rooting for you! You can do this!!!

ColleenCD
12-02-2011, 12:58 AM
Hi Dana,

I usually wear glasses for anything beyond 2 feet, except for reading. So I have my Nook loaded with all of this years Redbook Magazines. My plan is to NOT wear the usual glasses, and enjoy Redbook to pass the time and blend in. I agree that sunglasses are out, and I like your idea.

I'm taking alot of deep breaths right now. Maybe I ought to keep a paper bag handy tomorrow.

Colleen

Ellyn
12-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Great story. it sounds familiar, but mine stops with the period after item 2). Hope all goes well for you..

ColleenCD
12-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Hi Girls,

Wow, what an experience. I you have not put on 3" heeled boots and and walked through the mall at Christmas time in full pretty, then you really ought to try it. Okay, so the details: I got out of work late of course, causing me to hurry. I shaved, prepped my clothes, then did my make up, got fully dressed, then asked my wife for a purse. "Pick one" she said. She also got me a perfect Bijou watch to wear. I then came down and revealed myself to her. Now this is the first time she has ever seen me dressed. (Deep breath here). Since she is not into my dressing, I was preparing for the worst. She said "There he is." with a light laugh. Whew! that could have been a lot worse. I asked her to go with me but she was not interested. Okay, I'm off to the mall.

Now since I went out to get gas dressed thr other day, I really had those initial jitters at bay, for a while. I entered the mall through Dillards...the lingerie section, why not, if i'm in for a penny, I'm in for a pound. I walked all the way to the other end of the mall, yeah, there were looks, but I did not have my glasses on, and did'nt make much eye contact. I went to a secluded wing of the mall with minimal traffic and sat down. I got situated and opened my Nook, reading a Redbook magazine I had downloaded earlier. I tried to be invisible, quiet and simply blend in.

A minute after I sat down, an entire family from grandparents to toddlers sat down in my seating area. They were next to me for forty five minutes and never said a word as I was reading, so I didn't see any stares, and really didn't care. This was my most comfortable time. Even with a rambuctious family only feet away, I was happy, refreshing my lip gloss, brushing my hair from my eyes.

About the time they left, the game started, 7:00PM sharp. I went though the first thirty minutes before the first group of kids came and asked me if I had the time. The look on her face was priceless when she realized I was one of the guys she was looking for. Seconds later a nother team was there, but overloooked me. The Director texted me asking me where I was, she brought more kids by, and some knew me others didn't. Then it was picture time, and another walk through the mall.

Then I met with the parents and all the kids. The best part was all the questions: Are your ears peirced? Did you shave your legs? Are you wearing make up? (Uh yeah, like tons.) You're wearing heels,do your feet hurt? Did you enjoy being a woman? (Ooohh careful here, dead giveaway time. " I learned a lot and I really did enjoy it." (A LOT!) And my favorite: What do like best about what you're wearing? (I wanted to unroll the scoll, but we'd miss Christmas, so I told them I liked the skirt because it was so free feeling. They laughed.

I was the highlight of the evening, pictures were being taken of me and all the kids, the director, the parents, even strangers (yikes!) I promise when I get the pictures e-mailed to me, you will see them.

Marilyn Beck
12-03-2011, 05:14 PM
What a fun evening! Glad to hear that your wife handled it well. Sounds like you really had a great time. Do you think any of the parents might have noticed that you were enjoying it just a little too much? Looking forward to the pics.

Dana7
12-03-2011, 05:53 PM
How wonderful. Sounds like you had a great time, as did everyone involved. I'll bet you made quite an impression because so many overlooked you. And I'll bet you felt like a million bucks right out there in all your fem glory.

You really kept us in suspense waiting to see how it all turned out. I know how fun it can be to go out fully dressed. And the best part is you got to be there with everyone, without anyone looking down at you for it. The questions by the kids sounded especially fun. And I'll bet your wife hears about this from those kids for YEARS. It must have been a memorable experience--I'm so glad you had a good time. It was a great story to follow!

Rachel Flowers
12-03-2011, 05:59 PM
We await those gorgeous pictures with eager anticipation! For obvious reasons only post pictures of just you or editing out our church colleagues. It's fab you had such a lovely time, Colleen!

So what disguises did the other leaders have?

ColleenCD
12-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Hi Marilyn and Dana,

Pics will come, I need to have them e-mailed to me. The other two guys were dressed as a security guard and a cowboy. They were found also at about the same rate I was.

Now comes the tricky part. My wife had church tonight and the pics are everywhere. Apparently one pastor thinks I'm a Crossdresser he laughingly told my wife, others say I'm crazy for doing it. Okay, with action comes consequences. Their comments were good natured, so I'll get ribbed tomorrow. All in all everything went as planned. The game was fun and safe, the kids all had a great time, and as a bonus I got to do the one thing I always wanted to do, go out in public. It was the chance of a lifetime, and I didn't blow it.

Hugs,

Colleen

GeminaRenee
12-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Awesome story! Glad to hear about a girl getting to let it all out! (:

johanna.kitten
12-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Really happy for you, it sounds like a success. Not many are given such a great opportunity. I had to migrate to another country to become a free woman.

So, how are you now going to follow this up? Remember to be careful with relationships. All I know knows what I am but my dad and one other friend, so I
feel good about myself. As late as Friday I told everyone at my office even if I have
been seen dressed at work. With some luck and lots of effort you can do this!

/Johanna

Claire Cook
12-04-2011, 06:39 AM
What a wonderful story Colleen, thanks for sharing it. I was fascinated by the questions and responses of the kids and parents -- it sounded as they they were truly interested in your experience, and not critical. It will be interesting to see how thngs develop for you in the future. Be forewarned -- once Jeannie is out of the bottle, it's difficult to put her back in!

Jonianne
12-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Oh how exciting and wonderful, Colleen! I was waiting to see how this turned out and it sounds like you had a blast! Just be normal and smile a lot at church. Even the ribbing can be fun when done in good nature. Even if some may be anticipating seeing you, they will exhale when they see you back again as your "normal" self. Most people don't really mind crossdressing as long as they know you will still be your old self. If they liked you before, they will still like you.

Let us know how your wife is taking it. It seems she is taking it in stride. Be sure to show your appreciation. Can't wait to see the pics!

MsJanessa
12-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Maybe I'll start going to church again if I could find one like yours--lol

ColleenCD
12-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi Girls,

I have the first pic, and it's not very flattering. It was at the end of the event when I need to straighten my hair and touch up my lipstick, hopefully I can show better pictures as I get them. I had asked for a picture with the other hidden leaders, but the kids wanted to be in there also, how could I say no?

Now I went to church this morning to teach. The kids were great, the girls wanted to talk about it, guys wanted to play games. I had to prove my ears were not pierced, but they all had fun.

The mothers and pastors wives stopped me to visit. They asked what I learned. I told them these three things; 1) Women are artists - They get up each day and selects their clothes and accessories, and their faces are pallettes requiring an artists touch. 2) Women must have strong self confidence and self esteem. I felt walking through mall that the women who watched me were more judgemental than the men and felt self conscience about it. 3) When women say their feet hurt when wearing heels, it's not their heels that hurt, its the balls of their feet and their calves. They loved that and want me to talk to their husbands.

They all appreciated how much effort I put in and thanked me for doing it. The Senior Pastor did a waving bow saying "I'm not worthy." Several moms said they loved my outfit and said they wanted it. Wow! If I had the chance to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing. I plan to spend the day with my wife and remind her how lucky I am to have her. I stopped her yesterday to tell her this," I wanted to say thank you for letting me do this." She said "No problem." That's the best she can do in dealing with this, but that's better than "No."

Thank you all,

Colleen

MsJanessa
12-04-2011, 08:07 PM
you look fine darling---if that's your first photo it looks a lot better than my first---my thought after reading your initial post is does your wife know the program director?---this sounds like the two ladies may have had a chat about what you like to do--if they did and then came on this outcome youre a lucky girl---can't wait to to see other photos of your outing.

Jonianne
12-04-2011, 08:12 PM
What a wonderful memory you will always get to keep! I'm so glad everything went so well, including your wife's blessing.

ColleenCD
12-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Thank you Ladies,

My wife knows the Director, but I'm certain, without question, my wife did not visit with her about this. More and hopefuly better pics are coming. The girls at work will not be satisfied with this one pic,they will expect to see the whole outfit.

Colleen.

SarahLynn
12-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Thank you Ladies, .... The girls at work will not be satisfied with this one pic,they will expect to see the whole outfit. Colleen.

Who cares what "they" will be satisfied with, it's us about whom you should be worried. It's we who will not be satisfied until we see the whole outfit. You have to work with them but you live with us. And since we will not be critical but supportive we just have to see it all.

Now step right up ladies and view for the first time ever Miz Colleen as she was meant to be seen. Here now, no pushing there. There is plenty of space inside. Just open up your screen and view the loverly lady. STOP THAT SHOVING. STOP IT RIGHT NOW. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. Bloody whips, can't teach 'em manours, not a lick.

ReineD
12-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Colleen, I read your story with great interest and now I'm curious. What was the point of having the kids find their church leaders in disguise? Was it an ice-breaker for an upcoming instruction session or something? Or was it to teach kids to be observant?

Also, did they determine the costumes for the other people (the cowboy and security guard) or did these people choose their own costumes, and why would they have picked a woman's disguise for you? And last question ... if they picked your disguise, then how could a pastor then turn around and say he thinks you're a crossdresser? ??

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the experience, and I'm also looking forward to seeing the pics. :hugs:

ColleenCD
12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Colleen, I read your story with great interest and now I'm curious. What was the point of having the kids find their church leaders in disguise? Was it an ice-breaker for an upcoming instruction session or something? Or was it to teach kids to be observant?
Hi Reine,

It was a game for the latter, though it played well with the lesson this week and next, it really taught the kids to look closely, and follow the rules of the game.

Also, did they determine the costumes for the other people (the cowboy and security guard) or did these people choose their own costumes, and why would they have picked a woman's disguise for you? And last question ... if they picked your disguise, then how could a pastor then turn around and say he thinks you're a crossdresser? ??
The other costumes were determined by the other leaders. The security guard actually does security for the mall, the other chose his own outfit to the best of my knowledge. The Program director and I were speaking and I asked her for her suggestion, and she came up with it. I simply wasn't going to pass up the opportunity. As for the "crossdresser" comment, he made the comment in love in and care, not malicious, to my wife. As you know, my wife is less than supportive, but will not out me.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the experience, and I'm also looking forward to seeing the pics. :hugs:
SarahLynn and Riene, I can't wait for the other pics, this one is not my best. When I left the house I felt pretty, when this picture was taken, I felt tired. Maybe if I'm a good girl, I can do it again someday.

Big hugs,

Colleen

Mistybtm
12-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Wow sounds like you had a great time and the kids too that what is important. where are the pix :) .

ColleenCD
12-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Hi Girls,

As promised, I have the other pics. Yeah! Also an update on the after event conversations.

So since this was originally suggested at my work, some of the girls at work knew of it, but each has promised to keep it to themselves, and to my knowledge they have. Each wanted to know how it went and learn the reactions of the kids and parents, and just people at the mall. We laughed and shared what each of you already know, and they were great. The married ones said "I wish my husband knew what you learned."

A third pastor at our church smiled and told my wife "I charge $83 per hour if you need me." This will go on for a while, but that's okay.

Several women at our church want my outfit.

I thank you all for your great suggestions and support both before and after this event. My suggestion to anyone with such an opportunity posed to them like this is; You will not regret the things in life you do, you will regret the things in life you don't do. Don't miss your chance of a lifetime...be courageous!

Hugs to all,

Colleen

ColleenCD
12-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Sorry, trying to re-size them.

Colleen

Eryn
12-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Now the only question is how are you going to keep the girl on the farm now that she's seen Paris?

Remember to do something especially nice for your wife!

Hugs, Eryn

ColleenCD
12-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Hi Eryn,

I try to remember rules 1 and 2. Since my wife has now seen me dressed, maybe I can have some house priviledges with her home, I'll have to work on that. But I do have some friends at Dress Barn now, and I simply cannot throuw that away.

As for my wife, she made a very special thank you to me tonight for solving her ongoing printing problems wiht her computer. I'm spending more time with her doing her things.

Hugs,

Colleen

Chickhe
12-06-2011, 01:19 AM
Great story! I think you got it right...too bad your wife wasn't more involved, but you demonstrated to everyone including her that wearing womens clothing is something fun to do. The kids had fun, the church didn't burn, you were treated with respect... By just doing it and showing people and overcoming your fear... you avoid the misconceptions and you learn most of your fear was holding you back, in many ways. You answered a lifelong goal. I'm curious if your desire to dress will increase or decrease in time? This is what it should be like! One thing I experience is the sometimes subtle difference in how people talk to you when you are dressed, even when they know who you are. You look great by the way!...I'm sure most of the kids thought you were a real woman at first.

Eryn
12-06-2011, 01:48 AM
I try to remember rules 1 and 2. Since my wife has now seen me dressed, maybe I can have some house priviledges with her home, I'll have to work on that. But I do have some friends at Dress Barn now, and I simply cannot throuw that away.

As for my wife, she made a very special thank you to me tonight for solving her ongoing printing problems wiht her computer. I'm spending more time with her doing her things.

I was thinking of something more along the lines of flowers, chocolate, or jewelry, not computer service! :)

Following the agreed-upon rules is a good thing, but communication is also important. If living inside the rules causes you distress then your partner (and I don't use that term lightly) deserves to be aware of it.

Hugs, Eryn

SarahLynn
12-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Colleen i think i'd steer clear of that cowboy if'n i was you, he's look'n way too friendly. I mean what's this all about with the arm around your shoulders????????? Remind him that cowboys kiss their horse not the girl in the old days.

(tried that once, patuuuuie them horses have the worst breath. whoooowheeeeee nearly as bad as cows.)

SarahLynn

Angie G
12-06-2011, 09:29 AM
WOW that's way cool Colleen. You lucky girl.:hugs:
Angie

shawnsheila
12-06-2011, 09:31 AM
That is so awesome! I hope to someday, get to do something like this too

Jane P
12-06-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm happy for you that you enjoyed your experience. I just can't help but think that at least some of the people whom have been so positive and friendly with you about this game would suddenly become "less than christian" towards you if they find out that you actually enjoyed it and would like to do it more often. I would hope that I am wrong but people who sometimes show a face of acceptance change their tune when the game is done. Like the girlfriends who would think it cute and funny to paint your toenails while you are sleeping , who are disgusted if it's still on your toes 2 days later.

Ashley_Marie
12-06-2011, 10:21 AM
I wish I had that kind of opportunity. It would have felt nice to be out of the closet even for just a night.

Your story gives me an idea for the next time I go shopping in a clothing store, other then Wal-Marts. Something to kinda break the ice anyways.

Dana7
12-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Those are great pictures, Colleen. It's a very believable outfit and very well coordinated. I'm sure you'll have fun wearing it again and reflecting back on those memories.

Keep smilin' girl! :)

RobynB
12-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Colleen, it looks like you had a great experience. Love the outfit.

ColleenCD
12-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi Girls,

The girls at work have been super. They each have been supportive without any negative comments because I think have a great working relationship.

I went back to Dress Barn to find the Manager to thank her for her wonderful service in selecting an outfit and to exchange some hose which were slightly larger than needed. She was out but the other ladies were friendly and I showed them the pics which they enjoyed.

Its hard to put the pretty genie back in the bottle and I hope to reach a little more freedom with my wife at home now that she has seen me dressed. Christmas is coming and maybe she'll consent more.

Hugs to all,

Colleen

ColleenCD
12-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Hi girls,

One last update. I was showing the full length pictures to one of the ladies in the office, she was giggling when she knew I was to dress up. Well when she saw the full length picture, she was stone silent for about 5 seconds. I was a little worried because she was so quiet when I was expecting laughter. Then she said "Oh my gosh, I wasn't sure that was you, you look like what your sister would look like." She said I needed a bit more lipstick but very nice.

She is honest so I'm honored she would say that. Thought I would share.

Colleen

Beth Mays
12-08-2011, 11:56 PM
awsome way to post!
the updates were great!