PDA

View Full Version : Almost got caught today

Renee W
11-24-2011, 10:57 AM
First, remember that my wife knows and embraces my CDing, but she is the only one.

Woke up this morning around 0330, and didn't feel like going back to sleep since I have a full day of cooking and such. So I decided to do some laundry and watch TV. That was boring so I decided to do something different.

I figured that since it was a long weekend and we don't plan on leaving the house (we'd rather pay full price then deal with all those crazies out there this weekend) I would try putting on nail polish for the first time.

I picked out a nice light shimmering pink and went ahead and painted my nails. Came out pretty good for a first time attempt. When the wife woke up, she noticed my nails after a while and said they looked nice and the color looked good. Didn't think she would have a problem with it, never tried this boundary before. Everything was cool.

So, now the part about getting caught. I was on the front deck, getting the fire going in the smoke and a couple of the girls from next door start coming over. Now we live in the woods and only have one real neighbor and we don't have any kids in the house, so it is rare for them to come over. They were bearing gifts, their mom had made fresh cinnamon rolls. As they were walking across the yard, I suddenly remembered that I had pink finger nails!!

Couldn't get the wife because she has MS and is handicapped, so I was on my own. I had been working with the grill, so I looked around and saw one work glove and quickly threw it on and acted like ai needed it to move something dirty.

When they got to the deck, I had my other hand in my jacket pocket. At that point I realized I was really screwed, they had something to hand me, the cinnamon rolls!!

I took the rolls with my gloved hand and then brought my other hand out of my pocket palm up to support the plate. Whew---I don't think they saw my nails!!

That was close.

Chickhe
11-24-2011, 11:21 AM
I can relate...one halloween, I did my nails with a french manicure and design false nails. I was too lazy to remove them before the following day where I had to pick up my daughter at a birthday party. The host wanted to chat and luckly it was cold enough outside that I could wear winter gloves (glad I didn't have to remove them). Since then, I've done the same thing and just keep my hands out of sight...I'm also more open about it now...so if I got caught, I would just have to tell the truth...that I was attacked in my sleep by gender terrorists and they threatened me if I removed it they would be back to do my toes!

Renee W
11-24-2011, 01:43 PM
I was thinking of pulling the ole' "let the grand-daughter do it and have to keep in on until we see them again Saturday" line in case they noticed or if I run into their parents.

PamelaHowit
11-25-2011, 06:50 PM
As ive said before my partner introduced me to Dressing we both work together ans she is my line manager. I always wear Stockings and suspenders to work under my business suit. The other week we were carrying on in the office and one of the girls was trying to tease my partner by flirting with me. She rubbed her had on my thigh straight to the area of the strap on my suspender belt. She looked straight at me and pulled her hand away. She came back later in the day and asked if I was wearing stockings. After the explanation she was very supportive and promised not to say anything to anyone else.

Cynthia Anne
11-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Haha! Thank you for making me laugh today! Cute and loving story! Hard to beat that! Hugs!

sissystephanie
11-25-2011, 11:24 PM
The girls might have seen your nails and not even noticed that they were painted. I wear pink nail polish 24/7, even when I am out selling insurance and no one even notices. And my nails are not only painted, they are shaped in a very feminine shape and usually about 1/4 inch beyond the end of my fingers!

I hope you enjoy your painted nails, and the cinnamon rolls you got!!

Renee W
11-26-2011, 07:39 AM
If they saw my nails they would have noticed the color. Indoors the color seemed rather subdued, but outside in natural light they really popped! Add to that the shimmer in the color and wow!. Personally I couldn't help but look at my nails while I was outside, I thought they looked good.

BTW, the cinnaom rolls were great. Whipped up some extra icing for them before before breakfast yesterday.

janeycdbbw
11-26-2011, 07:22 PM
I like being caught being femme sometimes. It can be a good icebreaker and exciting.

Robyn Spotlight
11-26-2011, 07:31 PM
"Look, its a fairy!" :)

Marcella
11-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Great story, love it.
It it makes you feel any better I answered the door last week to a delivery guy in brown leggings and a sweater which I didn't think too much about but what I had forgotten was that I had bare feet and fushia pink toenails...whoops!

Rachel Morley
11-26-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm thinking that they probably didn't notice your nails. I say that because if they did notice them, I'm thinking you would have noticed a reaction from them like wide eyes or knowing smiles, or they might have even said something. I think you got away with it this time :)